Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikings record

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    As you know
    Singer, I've been away from Vikings football for almost two years, that is, I haven't followed it as closely as I'de like to. I did get to watch games, but not so much of reading post game stories and such. One thing nice being back is, I'll be able to follow them like I used to. From what I learned and watched last year, and from what I've seen and read about happening this year, I think a little more on the half glass full side. I really think we are going to be much better this season, win the Div? NOPE! But wouldn't suprise me one bit if we earned a wild card spot. And the biggest suprise we all see this year? I think it's going to be coming from Ponder himself. I won't elaborate much on it, but I think he's going to have an awesome season, which will make others around him play better and want what he wants, to win and win in style.......I think our D'backs and S positions are going to show a very nice improvement also. Now if AP can stay healthy for the season and get back to nearly being himself of the past, and if our OLine can jell faster than the NFL's norm, we may all be in for a speical and very happy season..

NordicNed

PS: Singer, i sent you an important PM.......Ned Yes, here on PPO

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

I just want to be able to say we are relavant again. Pretty disgusting when you hear the packer fans talk trash, and all you can say is "Wisconsin Sucks".

We all know it does, but it's a pretty short argument.

STCloud,

Chin up my friend, Chin up........ I just have this gut feeling, besides what I've been seeing and reading, and truly believe we are going to be better than just relavant.....we won't be sneaking up on anyone either, we will be just plain kicking ass and taking no names.....The way it should be....Oh yea, and Allen knocks Rogers out in our first game against GB, with a super clean, but devastating sack, yup, knocks him out of remaining games and any dreams of playing in the playoffs.......hahahahahhahahaha

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think we will have areas that will be better than we were last year but we will be worse in a few areas too.

We are built to run the ball, and toby has been decent, but AP is till a wildcard this year. I hope he comes back and is the same guy he was but that is still to be determined.

At WR we are still thin, Simpson looks potentially good but won't be around for 3 games we need to win.

The LB group is as bad as I remember it as far as starting talent and depth. Take away Greenway, (who is a good LB but not dominant) and it gets thin like right now.

The DB group can't be worse than it was. I hope they make big strides because they need to after being one of the worst groups in history.

But the OL should be improved. They have added talent and depth to a higher degree than they have in over a decade so I am looking to hear less about them this year.

The QB situation will be pivotal. Ponder looks to be improving and he needs to and also he needs to stay healthy. With the QB's we have in the division he is going to have to put up some impressive numbers to be considered anything but a floormat in the division.

The rest of the division seems to be pretty solid so we are going to have to fight for every division win unless injuries take out a few division opponents.

I am going to stay conservative and predict a 4-12 record. f the team comes together I think we can squeak a few more out and hopefully this year is one that takes the team in the right direction.

ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    December looks brutal on the schedule.
    This is true.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    As you know
    Singer, I've been away from Vikings football for almost two years, that is, I haven't followed it as closely as I'de like to. I did get to watch games, but not so much of reading post game stories and such. One thing nice being back is, I'll be able to follow them like I used to.
    You're back in the states, Ned? What happened to your dream of becoming the sausage king of the Philippines?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You're back in the states, Ned? What happened to your dream of becoming the sausage king of the Philippines?

=Z=
    I had my thrown, but ate that also. I hear that my name is mentioned all over the islands, whenever women get talking in the kitchen and sausage comes up as a topic. I'm in NC now and loving it here. I talked to Singer on the phone this AM, I'm going to see if I can make a trip to Minny and catch a Vikings game, and hang with the crew there. 'again, nice to be back and hope to see you all soon at a game.
    Ned

Record: 7-9

rsb81 is offline Waterboy
    Considering the division we are in I'm thinking 5-11.

Hopefully this year Ponder won't be running for his life all the time, but I think the receiving corps are still kind of thin...

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Earlier (post-draft?) I had called 6-10 +/-2 in the thread we had then. I'm upping that by one game now, to 7-9 +/-2. A big part of this is how the Vikings are being overlooked by absolutely everyone. They always seem to do better when expectations are the lowest, and crash and burn when they are highest.

We all knew that there was no way to fill all of our gaping holes with just one daft. And nobody was really expecting a big splash in free agency, right? But we did address a lot of them, and will be in much better shape to take care of the rest next year, most notably WR and LB. What we did manage was enough, IMO, to show a significant improvement over last year's record.

Between the new additions and the many close games last year, that give me confidence enough to predict a 4 game improvement, which is significant. But playoffs are still way out of the picture, moreso because of how many good teams there are in the NFC right now than because of what we might do. The two Wildcards are going to be hotly contested by at least five teams if not more.

7-9, and I will be satisfied, if not happy. It's a step in the right direction.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    Earlier (post-draft?) I had called 6-10 +/-2 in the thread we had then. I'm upping that by one game now, to 7-9 +/-2. A big part of this is how the Vikings are being overlooked by absolutely everyone. They always seem to do better when expectations are the lowest, and crash and burn when they are highest.
    I'm pretty sure no one had high expectations for us last year & we even crashed and burned on the mediocre expectations we were projected to be.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast