Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikings record

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Vikings record

Spending some time around the team this summer and watching the action...there is something. We talk on the show and the podcast often about the chemistry apparent with Carlson,ponder, and Rudolph...and now watching some other pieces...

I think we need to remember we lost most games last year by small margins...

I was walking 5-11 or 6-10 at the start of camp, but I think we have a good chance at 8-8 as a big improvement. Stu Voight played out a bunch of things for me why I need to think better about this team and I can't refute the veteran look at a team that Is young but can turn a drive or two a game into 8-8 or 9-7.

Not enough in this division probably, but a great slingshot into the future?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

I think we need to remember we lost most games last year by small margins...
    We also need to remember that in all but 3 of those small margin losses, Ponder wasn't the quarterback. McNabb & Webb were QB'ing most of those close ones.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We also need to remember that in all but 3 of those small margin losses, Ponder wasn't the quarterback. McNabb & Webb were QB'ing most of those close ones.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think 8-8 is aggressive, but within the realm of possibility.

Believe it or not, I think these first three games will be very key to how our season ends up. We will arguably be in the worst shape offensively, with AD seeing limited action in at least the first two games, and Simpson out. If we can win 2 of 3 I think we will be setting ourselves up for a good run, and 8-8 becomes more realistic.

I think the Jacksonville game is winnable considering the issues they are having right now. San Fran is a juggernaut this year, so I expect that to be a loss. So that leaves us with Indy. Luck has looked great at times, although he still is prone to mistakes. This game is 50/50 for me.

Right now I have us at 6-10, which is still an improvement. Depending on how well we are playing in the first quarter of the season, I reserve the right to change my prediction.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    16-0 baby!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    8-8 is certainly possible. Significant improvement by one player could put us there. However, I think the smart money is still at 6-10. Too many new pieces and young players that need to develop to make things work efficiently.

Coaching is still a huge wildcard, even if we have injected significant more talent, which I think we have, it will go to waste without the proper guidance. TBD on this front.

I think our biggest improvements from last year will be the OL, secondary and hopefully QB. WR somewhat, but not significant. Even with those improvements, I think it only raises us from inadequate to competitive. The ball will have to bounce our way more often than not to take us up to 8 wins.

I have heard a number of analysts putting us at the bottom of the NFC, and looking for a repeat of last year's 3 wins. Silly humans, never able to project past what they saw last year.

6-10 unless Ponder really starts to click.

ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    I think the easier first half of the schedule does wonders for a young team. Build some confidence and get rolling early. I think the sky is the limit for this team. GO VIKES!!!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    December looks brutal on the schedule.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Correct Singer, because, we all know if Ponder was, we would have won them....hahahahhahahaha

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post

Just stating fact. I would have loved Ponder to have won more games or at least had our team closer in those losses, but it wasn't the case. One of his wins came after our opponents missed a FG (a close win) & it was Webb that actually got the 2nd win that Ponder got the credit for.

This year hopefully we're going to be much better, but I'm not banking on it.
    Last edited by singersp; 08-23-2012 at 08:00 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast