Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Recent Receiving History Hardly Impressive

"Ranger" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    You can say what you want about Tarvaris Jackson’s ineffectiveness, but the Vikings’ receivers did little to stretch the field
    Exactly! Yet some here believe it's all T-Jacks fault.
    IT ALL T-JAKCSONS FAULT!
    HE WAS AT NO BIG COLLEGE PROGRAM AND HE WEARS A NECKLACE WHEN PLAYING QUARTERBACK AND HE SHOULD NOT HAVE NECKLACE HE SHOULD HAVE PLAYBOOK BECAUSE HE CAN'T THROW THE BALL GOOD!
    T-JOKES ON HIM LOL!
    IT HAS TO BE BOOTY TIME NOT BOOTY PLAYED FOR USC AND WON GAMES AND JACKSON PLAYED FOR SOME SCHOOL I DON'T KNOW AND DIDN'T WIN BIG GAMES LIKE PACT10!
    BOOOOOTY TIME TJOKE IS A LOOSER!!!1!one!!!
    Who let Wee Todd loose?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I am a bit sick of the people on this site who have - unlike me and others - drunk the Koolaide on Tarvaris talking about that one good TD throw he had.
    :

Don't you guys remember, we used to be a team that would get three of those before the half ?? Remember those days ? We have sunk low if we are still talking about that one play. Anyone can have one good throw. I bet Akili Smith had at least one long TD pass each year, before he washed out.
    If you think that TD pass is the only good play T-Jack has thrown, you are sadly mistaken. FYI he threw for 9 TD's last year & ran for 3 more.

You might as well get used to the idea that we are no longer that high powered passing offense that we had in the days of Culpepper & Moss & never will be as long as we are a WCO team.

We have been
    a WCO for the past two years as a matter of fact. That means we will dink & dunk our way down the field, throw some long balls in the mix, rely on our running game & play ball control. That is what a WCO does. The short passes the Vikings have been throwing & have nothing to do with the QB's talent, but what the WCO system warrants & the plays the coaches are calling in from the bench.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I am a bit sick of the people on this site who have - unlike me and others - drunk the Koolaide on Tarvaris talking about that one good TD throw he had.
    :

Don't you guys remember, we used to be a team that would get three of those before the half ?? Remember those days ? We have sunk low if we are still talking about that one play. Anyone can have one good throw. I bet Akili Smith had at least one long TD pass each year, before he washed out.
    If you think that TD pass is the only good play T-Jack has thrown, you are sadly mistaken. FYI he threw for 9 TD's last year & ran for 3 more.

You might as well get used to the idea that we are no longer that high powered passing offense that we had in the days of Culpepper & Moss & never will be as long as we are a WCO team.

We have been
    a WCO for the past two years as a matter of fact. That means we will dink & dunk our way down the field, throw some long balls in the mix, rely on our running game & play ball control. That is what a WCO does. The short passes the Vikings have been throwing & have nothing to do with the QB's talent, but what the WCO system warrants & the plays the coaches are calling in from the bench.
    The "dink and dunk" offense got the Vikes to three Super Bowls in the 70s....looks like Chilly is merely bringing it back to compliment the awesome defense that he built.
    The difference is that Peterson will be much better than Foreman was back in the day (not dissing Chuck, just celebrating AP's greatness)...and Berrian and Rice will be even more vertical than S. White and Rashad were back in the day.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    :

Well I am a bit sick of the people on this site who can't make two posts in a row without bashing TJ.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    :

We have been
    The "dink and dunk" offense got the Vikes to three Super Bowls in the 70s....looks like Chilly is merely bringing it back to compliment the awesome defense that he built.
    The difference is that Peterson will be much better than Foreman was back in the day (not dissing Chuck, just celebrating AP's greatness)...and Berrian and Rice will be even more vertical than S. White and Rashad were back in the day.
    Those last two are excellent posts my friends.

I can feel Purps pain though, it was fun to watch a game were we saw the deep ball and the offense got off the field after a quick score.
    Problem is, that the defense then had to come back on the field again with little or no rest and we had to watch the other team scored on them.

;D

JK, as everyone knows, I am a big fan of the WCO especially the version we run.
    Nothing makes my day more than to watch a skilled offense move the ball at will, chewing up 5 -10 yard chunks, all the while eating up 6-9 minutes off the clock each drive.
    Nothing, absolutely nothing, will demoralize a defense more than not being able to get off the field no matter what they try.

Of course we haven't seen much of that, but I strangley think we will this year my friends.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    :

TJack had many good throws, but on many of those, somebody dropped the ball or ran the wrong route or just plain failed to live up to their part of the deal.

Don't you remember all those tired defenses giving up 30+ points every game and that powerful scoring offense rarely winning us a playoff game?????
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    :

We have been
    The real difference was a little guy wearing number 10 who was as intelligent as any QB ever and called his own plays.I would take Rashad and White over our receivers today without question.
    But this team shows promise. And just maybe they will be as good as those teams of old someday.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    :

We have been
    The real difference was a little guy wearing number 10 who was as intelligent as any QB ever and called his own plays.I would take Rashad and White over our receivers today without question.
    But this team shows promise. And just maybe they will be as good as those teams of old someday.
    Amen

"StillPurple" wrote:
    :

Why don't you cut Tarvaris some slack? I mean it was his first season starting. Did you really expect Pro Bowl numbers? If so, I am sorry, but tell me the last QB to do that in their first full season as the starter. I have heard good things about Jackson so far this offseason. I think it's probably clicking now for him. Why don't we all, just stop bashing the kid and let him play. Then after the season discuss his play.

Troy Smith knows... Your Quaterback will know too.

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    :

We have been
    I agree that Fran was a more intelligent QB than ANY QB in the game today, but TJack will figure it out this year...and his superior physical talents will be put on display to great effect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123