Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings Recent Receiving History Hardly Impressive

"Ranger" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    You can say what you want about Tarvaris Jackson’s ineffectiveness, but the Vikings’ receivers did little to stretch the field
    Exactly! Yet some here believe it's all T-Jacks fault.
    IT ALL T-JAKCSONS FAULT!
    HE WAS AT NO BIG COLLEGE PROGRAM AND HE WEARS A NECKLACE WHEN PLAYING QUARTERBACK AND HE SHOULD NOT HAVE NECKLACE HE SHOULD HAVE PLAYBOOK BECAUSE HE CAN'T THROW THE BALL GOOD!
    T-JOKES ON HIM LOL!
    IT HAS TO BE BOOTY TIME NOT BOOTY PLAYED FOR USC AND WON GAMES AND JACKSON PLAYED FOR SOME SCHOOL I DON'T KNOW AND DIDN'T WIN BIG GAMES LIKE PACT10!
    BOOOOOTY TIME TJOKE IS A LOOSER!!!1!one!!!
    hmm.. put the keyboard down slowly..
    DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Ranger is offline Coach

Sorry 'bout that, but I've recently upgraded my purple shades for full on ballistic oakley purple goggles.
    Every time I look at our defense, I get all excited...as if the wife had finally blessed me off to buy that Kimber Custom II.

Anyway, because of my purple haze, I'm thinking that Jackson will probably have a ridiculous coming out party this year.
    I don't have a lot to support it, but that doesn't stop me from overreacting to people who might imply that the Vikings are going to be anything less than glorious this year, including the quarterback play.

Leave me alone, my wife is padding the room upstairs in the morning.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

HAHA Ranger.

Those were 2 epic posts.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I think somebody will emerge as a star in our receiving corps this year, so I'm not too worried.

If not, we better be looking to draft Michael Crabtree somehow next April.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

bdohb is offline Training Camp

i dont think its are players. i think its the play calling. plays are called in and the players run them, so if a play calls for 5 yard slants or comebacks the players dont have the chance to do any thing. short plays just give the d less steps to make a play which in return give us less chance of big plays of 15 plus yards. last couple years we have been doing this alot and kinda like a shyness on play calling. hell even i knew what we where going to do next, so imagine a d that watch films. so if we can mix it up more i say we will have a good receiving core

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Strong pieces of a team can compensate for mediocre parts of the team and that's often what you see.
    Someone like Favre or Peyton will always make their WRs and OLine look better because of their decision making and throwing abilities.
    When you put a bad receiving core with a mediocre pass blocking OLine and a newbie QB, everyone looks bad and it's really the fault of the collective sum.

Better receivers would have gotten open faster and with more separation meaning the OLine wouldn't have had to hold blocks as long (or at all) and TJack would have had easier throws.

Better OLine play would have given Receivers longer to get open or would have allowed TJack longer to survey the field or a better ability to step comfortably into a pass into tight coverage.

Better QB play would have allowed Receivers who couldn't get wide open to still make a play for balls and wouldn't have required the OLine to hold blocks as long.

It's really across the board that we were not good at Passing.
    Every single unit could have done better last year and honestly if any one of those groups had done better, the entire Passing offense would have looked better.
    This year we expect a more mature TJ who can make better throws (i.e. receivers look better) and faster decisions (i.e. the OLine looks better), a stronger Receiver group capable of getting more open (i.e. TJ doesn't have to make great throws) and can get open faster (i.e. the OLine doesn't have to hold blocks for long), and another year for the OLine in the blocking scheme and improved blocking by AD which should allow more time (i.e. Receivers have longer to find spots and TJ has longer to find them) and a more secure pocket (i.e. TJ is comfortable to step up and make a mechanically sound throw).
    If those things happen... welcome to the KAO we've been promised.
    Improvement in 1 of those areas will make us mediocre (from bad last year), improvement in 2 will make us good, and marked improvement in all 3 could mean a SB appearance.
    One of the best posts I've seen on here my friend.

Only problem I have is that even if all 3 improve, my guess is, that all 3 will struggle at times as well this year.

WR.
    Rice is only going into his second year.
    He will have trouble with the better CBs this year.

OL.
    I am still not sure we will see them as dominant in pass protection as they are in the running game.

QB.
    TJ will also struggle with teams that employ the Cover 2 alot especially with respect to pre-snap reads.
    My guess is he will made a few bad decisions on a few of his reads and will throw the ball in a spot that he shouldn't.
    My only hope is that doesn't happen as much as it did last year.

With all that said, I do believe they will be improved enough to make the next step and that is win the Div and get into a playoff game (or two) but I really don't think things will come together enough for a SB run my friend.

I sure hope I am wrong on the last part.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

sh01002 is offline Rookie

They gotta let Booty thread the needle.
    Play in my Vikings fantasy football league!
    http://www.rotohog.com/group/nfl/joinleagues/viewleague?leagueid=9025

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

mark my words, Booty will not see the field in the regular season unless BOTH Tjack and Frerotte go down with injury.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I am a bit sick of the people on this site who have - unlike me and others - drunk the Koolaide on Tarvaris talking about that one good TD throw he had.
    :

Don't you guys remember, we used to be a team that would get three of those before the half ?? Remember those days ? We have sunk low if we are still talking about that one play. Anyone can have one good throw. I bet Akili Smith had at least one long TD pass each year, before he washed out.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Ranger" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    You can say what you want about Tarvaris Jackson’s ineffectiveness, but the Vikings’ receivers did little to stretch the field
    Exactly! Yet some here believe it's all T-Jacks fault.
    IT ALL T-JAKCSONS FAULT!
    HE WAS AT NO BIG COLLEGE PROGRAM AND HE WEARS A NECKLACE WHEN PLAYING QUARTERBACK AND HE SHOULD NOT HAVE NECKLACE HE SHOULD HAVE PLAYBOOK BECAUSE HE CAN'T THROW THE BALL GOOD!
    T-JOKES ON HIM LOL!
    IT HAS TO BE BOOTY TIME NOT BOOTY PLAYED FOR USC AND WON GAMES AND JACKSON PLAYED FOR SOME SCHOOL I DON'T KNOW AND DIDN'T WIN BIG GAMES LIKE PACT10!
    BOOOOOTY TIME TJOKE IS A LOOSER!!!1!one!!!
    Caps lock is bad

mmmmmmmmmmkay!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast