Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Vikings receivers ready for new chances

I'm glad no one has been hyping us up this year....there is nothing for the players to hear, and no huge expectations to live up to...I wasnt too happy when ESPN said we were a superbowl prediction....I knew it wouldnt happen then! Every year they pick Indi, and it just doesnt happen for them...so I knew it wouldnt for us!

No one is picking us this year....and I'm glad, beacuse if we get that far...no one on ESPN can say 'I told ya so!' We can show everybody that they are totally wrong on their thoughts of the '06 vikings....when the season begins!! :lol:

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"minvikes01" wrote:
    i like KRob and TWill starting, taylor at #3, with marcus robinson coming in for redzone opportunities
    I don't see how Williamson can step into the #2 position right off the bat. He was so far behind last year - and he's got to learn a new offense this year.

Travis Taylor is the best choice for a #2 at the start of the season, with Williamson working his way into that spot (perhaps) by the mid-to-end of the season.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Jeremy is offline Starter

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "minvikes01" wrote:
    i like KRob and TWill starting, taylor at #3, with marcus robinson coming in for redzone opportunities
    I don't see how Williamson can step into the #2 position right off the bat. He was so far behind last year - and he's got to learn a new offense this year.

Travis Taylor is the best choice for a #2 at the start of the season, with Williamson working his way into that spot (perhaps) by the mid-to-end of the season.

=Z=
    Travis Taylor has to learn the same offense. Really the only guy with a jump start is Koren Robinson who wroked in that system in Seattle.

They pay the kid a ton of money to just sit on the bench. He's getting paid starter money. Let him earn his keep, take his lumps, and get up to speed ASAP. Bringing him along slowly two years in a row is kinda pointless.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

T.w will def be seeing a lot more of the field this year. I liked him when they picked him up.. and he's always gonna be the guy we got to replace R.m but i have to agree that trying to ease him into the situation is just gonna hinder him.

toss him in the deep end, and if he swims let him see how fast and how far he can go. if he sinks.. put M.r next to him to get this kid ready..

either way he'll never show what he's got unless he's given the chance, and a certain level of things is demanded from him.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"ViKing24" wrote:
    Koren Robinson is the only good reciever I know the rest are terrible. Marcus Robinson can only catch those small distance ones 10 yards from the QB

Travis Taylor- He does the same thing he can't catch worth anything. His longest reception was like 30 yards

Troy Williamson- showed promise last year with his great jumping and speed abilitiy he might be able to step in Burleson's shoes or even better.
    I couldn't disagree more with that statement if I tried.

Marcus Robinson averaged 16.6 yds per catch last season. His longest was a 68 yarder. And of his 31 catches, 5 were TDs.

Travis Taylor averages 12.1 yds per catch (his longest was 31 yds). His 50 catches were vital in moving the chains in almost every game. He catches darn near everything thrown at him, and in my opinion has solidified his role as our possession receiver quite nicely.

Troy Williamson, being a rookie last season, wasn't much of a factor, but DID show flashes of ability. We agree that he will improve this season, but we disagree that he will fill Burleson's shoes...I think he'll be much better than that.

Koren Robinson does indeed look to be our #1 guy right now, but don't sell the others short. Our strength right now isn't in having 1 or 2 awesome receivers...it's in having a stable of very capable guys who can all produce in any situation.

Caine

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "minvikes01" wrote:

=Z=
    Travis Taylor has to learn the same offense. Really the only guy with a jump start is Koren Robinson who wroked in that system in Seattle.

They pay the kid a ton of money to just sit on the bench. He's getting paid starter money. Let him earn his keep, take his lumps, and get up to speed ASAP. Bringing him along slowly two years in a row is kinda pointless.
    Money should *never* be the reason you play someone. Ability is what matters. Williamson had a terrible time trying to get separation from DBs off the line - hopefully that skill will come with time.

Taylor, being a six-year veteran, has those skills already and will be able to pick up the offense quicker. And he's got great hands.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234