Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Could they target a WR in the draft? Sure, makes sense, but for this year, 39 yards increased to 289 yards in one week. Guess what it will be in a couple more weeks.

The deep passes you so much crave will come. Heck, look at last weeks box score. They not only threw multiple times to Berrian, Orasmashodu (sp) also had some targets on the other side.

Patience my friends, patience.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Here's another article about the puzzling lack of Harvin in the play-calling: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...akes-no-sense/

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for that link Mac! I thought it was weird that he was missing out on a lot of plays. But I didn't think it was 45%! Wow. That's unacceptable. And really weird. It makes absolutely no sense.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Could they target a WR in the draft? Sure, makes sense, but for this year, 39 yards increased to 289 yards in one week. Guess what it will be in a couple more weeks.

The deep passes you so much crave will come. Heck, look at last weeks box score. They not only threw multiple times to Berrian, Orasmashodu (sp) also had some targets on the other side.

Patience my friends, patience.
    Again... no one even mentioned deep passes. There is a difference between 'deep passing' and having a passing game. We do not have an effective passing game and aren't gaining YAC... which is Harvin's specialty, but he's only being utilized on 45% of the offensive plays.

No one mentioned the deep pass. It's not even on the radar right now. Berrian needs to be cut, not sure why he's seeing so much playing time.

Musgrave = Childress 2.0... and I'm also not a firm believer in Fraizer, like most. Just because the guy reminds you of Tony Dungy does not make him Tony Dungy.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Again... no one even mentioned deep passes. There is a difference between 'deep passing' and having a passing game. We do not have an effective passing game and aren't gaining YAC... which is Harvin's specialty, but he's only being utilized on 45% of the offensive plays.

No one mentioned the deep pass. It's not even on the radar right now. Berrian needs to be cut, not sure why he's seeing so much playing time.

Musgrave = Childress 2.0... and I'm also not a firm believer in Fraizer, like most. Just because the guy reminds you of Tony Dungy does not make him Tony Dungy.
    Not every post is specifically centered around you my friend. Go back read the whole thread and see what the intent of the original poster was in this thread and the other 3 that are crying for Berrians replacement.

And please, don't take anything I say as support for Musgrove. In your absence you have missed all the crap I've been spewing that says there is no real difference.

I'm only saying that whomever and whatever scheme would have been used this year would take time to install with some facets coming around faster than others.

From what I have seen it looks like running first, short passes second, intermediate third, deep fourth is their timeline.

We have the running going, short passes and a few intermediates looking good and we finally saw some effort to throw deeper.

Taking that all into account, not sure why you think Berrian is seeing more reps than anyone else. Truth is, he has been seeing quite a bit less and isn't even on the field when we have a 13 or 23 set out there.

Notice how I mentioned all facets so don't come back and say you didn't say anything about deep passes again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12