Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings' receivers not good enough

Rajkowski column: Vikings' receivers not good enough

...looking at the numbers, one obvious factor jumps out: This team just does not possess a reliable passing game at least not at this point in the still-young season.

And that makes it awfully difficult to win in the NFL.

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20110...t%7CSports%7Cs

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    The biggest issue is that the Vikings dont possess any truly dynamic receivers. Percy Harvin is the best of the group, but hes not a true deep threat and thus far he has nine catches for 83 yards. Free agent pickup Michael Jenkins is what he was advertised as being a competent possession receiver at best.

And Bernard Berrian? The Vikings were hoping he could regain the form he once had earlier in his career and become that badly-needed home run threat. But thus far, he seems like the same MIA Berrian weve seen the past two seasons. He has one catch for 17 yards in the first two games.
    Either the guy can read my mind or he is echoing what many of us already know, sans Marrdro.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I agree with you 100% Singer. About the awful receiving core, Berrian, and especially Randy Moss! If Alshon Jeffery or Justin Blackmon are still on the board when we draft in the first round, do we take them over a stud LT? I really don't know. If Matt Kalil is off the board, I'd be all for it.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    There will be lots of holes to plug. Whoever is the BPA will probably be an upgrade unless it is a TE or RB.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    There will be lots of holes to plug. Whoever is the BPA will probably be an upgrade unless it is a TE or RB.
    Add DE to that list of positions that are already filled. I'm so sick of seeing mock drafts with a DE going to us in the first round. Drafting a DE in the first round would almost be as stupid as drafting a RB in the first. It needs to be a LT or WR. However, I would love to draft Vontaze Burfict (MLB). Best linebacker prospect since Ray Lewis. Although he has character issues to say the least. But his violent past is actually a plus in my book. I love violent linebackers. He has special talent that doesn't come around every year. Among the players that I would love to draft in the first round this year: Andrew Luck, Matt Kalil, Alshon Jeffery, Justin Blackmon, Vontaze Burfict, or Jonathan Martin.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Agreed

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    it doesn't help that Harvin is only on the field for less than half the plays: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5197/percy-harvin

Musgrave is reaffirming my beliefs that he's just Childress 2.0.

Slightly off topic: ... also not sure why Tyrell Johnson is still playing safety for us when our best safeties are Jamarca Sanford and Mistral Raymond. Our team has been unable to identify talent hidden within our roster for about 6 years now. Frustrating to watch.

Blog Entries
    Maybe they are tanking the team in order to get the fan base to not care when they move the team to LA

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Maybe they are tanking the team in order to get the fan base to not care when they move the team to LA
    Or maybe they aren't good coaches.

Blog Entries
    It's possible. I am not going to harp on them until this becomes a recurring trend. At this point they are stuck with marginal talent and don't have the cap space to plug the holes so I don't expect them to win the division and wouldn't be surprised if they are a few ticks worse than last year in the win column but I do expect them to play hard and do the best with what they have. At this point that is not happening as evidenced by the last 2 collapses. Hopefully they can get their stuff together at least to the point of not looking embarrassing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast