Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent

    [size=13pt]Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent[/size]

    They are young and inexperienced, but if they live up to their potential, they could revitalize the offense.

    BY SEAN JENSEN
    twincities.com

    Pioneer Press
    Article Last Updated: 07/29/2007 12:14:35 AM CDT



    MANKATO, Minn.

    Three of the Vikings' six leading receivers from 2006 are gone, and in their place is a glut of athletic unknowns...


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent

    Great stuff Singer.
    I actually like the way they broke them down and then gave different viewpoints on each players progress.

    I still say, some of the best stuff in these articles are reading what some of the idiots say in the comments section.

    Damn........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent


    Man it's sure nice to read some positive things about our guys. It's a shame we can only keep 5-6 of these guys. Sounds like we are a sleeper waking up at the WR position. Good Stuff!

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Great stuff Singer.
    I actually like the way they broke them down and then gave different viewpoints on each players progress.

    I still say, some of the best stuff in these articles are reading what some of the idiots say in the comments section.

    Damn........
    And it came from a Twin Cities paper.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Great stuff Singer.
    I actually like the way they broke them down and then gave different viewpoints on each players progress.

    I still say, some of the best stuff in these articles are reading what some of the idiots say in the comments section.

    gol 'darnit........
    And it came from a Twin Cities paper.
    I know, scarey huh.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent

    The comments don't surprise me at all. The Twin Cities media are the biggest haters of any sports team in the Twin Cities. And they seem to have sold the public on that. It's no wonder we aren't looking at "sellouts" this year. If the Media would be more positive so would the fans who make stupid comments like the ones here.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    The comments don't surprise me at all. The Twin Cities media are the biggest haters of any sports team in the Twin Cities. And they seem to have sold the public on that. It's no wonder we aren't looking at "sellouts" this year. If the Media would be more positive so would the fans who make stupid comments like the ones here.
    Right on COJO.

    Unfortunately the local hacks have an axe to grind, much like they did with Denny cause B-chill and the rest of the staff don't kiss thier ass.

    Unless the Chiller bows to the almighty (sarcasim) local hacks we will see nothing but drivel, even when the team is doing good.
    ;D

    By the Way, I hope you are reading this Mr. Tom Powers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    ForceOfNorse's Avatar
    ForceOfNorse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    275

    Re: Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent

    Great to see a bit of an early breakdown on these guys, but I'm still intrigued with guys that haven't gotten any publicity.
    By the way, where is Jason Carter?????

  9. #9
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent

    "ForceOfNorse" wrote:
    Great to see a bit of an early breakdown on these guys, but I'm still intrigued with guys that haven't gotten any publicity.
    By the way, where is Jason Carter?????
    I thought the same about Martin Nance, but then I realized the article was only highlighting receivers who are new to the Vikings this year. Carter, Nance, and Williamson were he last year so they didn't talk about them, only the new faces.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #10
    ForceOfNorse's Avatar
    ForceOfNorse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    275

    Re: Vikings' receivers are full of fresh talent

    "V" wrote:
    "ForceOfNorse" wrote:
    Great to see a bit of an early breakdown on these guys, but I'm still intrigued with guys that haven't gotten any publicity.
    By the way, where is Jason Carter?????
    I thought the same about Martin Nance, but then I realized the article was only highlighting receivers who are new to the Vikings this year. Carter, Nance, and Williamson were he last year so they didn't talk about them, only the new faces.
    Good call buddy.
    Yeah, I was thinking of Nance too.
    I hope those two get a fair shake.
    They both looked really good to me................From what I got to see of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings have talent to compete with best
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
  2. Vikings' FA linemen have talent
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 06:34 PM
  3. Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
  4. Vikings' makeover in full swing
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 06:41 PM
  5. Vikings equipped to go after top talent
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 10:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •