Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: Vikings' receivers banged up

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    Another game, another spectacular dropped pass by Williamson. I'm not giving up on this season yet by any means, but we really really need to upgrade the WR position next season. The glaring deficiencies are sickening.
    At this point you are just looking for situations in which he fails. He leaves the team in receptions and is the only solid option for the QB all night long, but he has one dropped pass so you beeyatch and moan. The guy comes back from a concussion, has a decent game, and gets no love because he didn't make one one-handed grab. That is what is really sickening.
    Whatever man. I know you're a Williamson apologist, but don't make it sound like I'm looking for him to fail or that I am the only person pointing out Troy's obvious problems with catching the ball (Did you listen to or read the Childress press conference yesterday? Have you listened to any of the Twin Cities sports talk shows?). I am not close to the only one critisizing Troy Williamson. I want him him to catch the damn ball, believe me, but he has obvious problems doing so. And as I have stated before, leading this Vikings team in receptions is no great feat right now. We drastically lack a playmaker at the WR position currently (as far as I'm concerned, Marcus Robinson is as close as we've come to a playmaker WR this season...ie. catching the important balls). Additionally, it wouldn't have been a one-handed grab Monday night. The ball almost lodged in his face mask it was thrown so well.
    Even babies know the difference.

  2. #82
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Vikings' receivers banged up

    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    Another game, another spectacular dropped pass by Williamson. I'm not giving up on this season yet by any means, but we really really need to upgrade the WR position next season. The glaring deficiencies are sickening.
    At this point you are just looking for situations in which he fails. He leaves the team in receptions and is the only solid option for the QB all night long, but he has one dropped pass so you beeyatch and moan. The guy comes back from a concussion, has a decent game, and gets no love because he didn't make one one-handed grab. That is what is really sickening.
    Whatever man. I know you're a Williamson apologist, but don't make it sound like I'm looking for him to fail or that I am the only person pointing out Troy's obvious problems with catching the ball (Did you listen to or read the Childress press conference yesterday? Have you listened to any of the Twin Cities sports talk shows?). I am not close to the only one critisizing Troy Williamson. I want him him to catch the gol 'darnit ball, believe me, but he has obvious problems doing so. And as I have stated before, leading this Vikings team in receptions is no great feat right now. We drastically lack a playmaker at the WR position currently (as far as I'm concerned, Marcus Robinson is as close as we've come to a playmaker WR this season...ie. catching the important balls). Additionally, it wouldn't have been a one-handed grab Monday night. The ball almost lodged in his face mask it was thrown so well.
    I liked your argument, could have left out the talk show part, of course the talk show will rip TW.

    All that really needs to be said is look at what Chilly said about TW in the PC.

    Q: Troy Williamson has had trouble with a couple of deep passes this year. What is your sense of what is going on there?
    A: First of all, his eyes have been checked and he's 20-20. They have the visual acuity with your peripheral vision. He was checked at the combine with all that kind of thing. I think one of the toughest adjustments in sports is to adjust to a football that's thrown back over your head going full speed and then being able to locate down the field. Obviously, at the professional level you need to be able to make that adjustment and he's demonstrated some problems with that. I thought it was a very good throw and I would have liked to seen him adjust to the football obviously.
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=149&topic=28747.0

  3. #83
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings' receivers banged up

    I never said you were the only one knocking, Williamson. The fact is I'm one of the few who still support him. That being said, I'm being more realistic than optimistic. Although he did drop a pass on Monday, he also made a some tough catches, which nobody wants to talk about. Williamson deserves the criticism, all I am saying is that he also deserves patience as well.

    I think pointing out one Williamson drop in a game where the whole team did nothing right is looking for him to fail. If you are upset that Williamson dropped another pass, I would expect you to be livid at Mckinney and calling for Brad to be benched. Instead one drop is your only concern.

    Yes has has dropsies. Even so, our young receiver is getting better. Nobody gives him credit for that, and I don't know why.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #84
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings' receivers banged up

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I never said you were the only one knocking, Williamson. The fact is I'm one of the few who still support him. That being said, I'm being more realistic than optimistic. Although he did drop a pass on Monday, he also made a some tough catches, which nobody wants to talk about. Williamson deserves the criticism, all I am saying is that he also deserves patience as well.

    I think pointing out one Williamson drop in a game where the whole team did nothing right is looking for him to fail. If you are upset that Williamson dropped another pass, I would expect you to be livid at Mckinney and calling for Brad to be benched. Instead one drop is your only concern.

    Yes has has dropsies. Even so, our young receiver is getting better. Nobody gives him credit for that, and I don't know why.
    Hey V,
    How's it going?
    I have to disagree with you on this one.
    TWill hasn't really improved at all.
    Like I stated in another post he has made a few big plays this year.
    That's great and I appreciate it however at this level he should be making big plays.
    He was a #7 overall pick in the draft.
    He was drafted and gets paid a lot of money to make plays.
    He really hasn't shown actual improvement.
    He has better numbers than he did last year but that's because his role changed.
    He went from a #4 WR to a #1.
    His eyes alone aren't the problem.
    It's his hand-eye coordination that's the problem.
    At this level you can't be dropping the passes he has dropped.
    He is in his second year.
    He's not a rookie anymore.
    I do support him and hope he does very well but what I don't see is improvement.
    I still see him dropping passes and BJ getting blamed for his "low" stats.
    Granted BJ probably played the worst game of his life Monday night and deserves criticism for it.
    However part of the "low" stats this year are contributed by the WRs inabilities to catch and/or hold onto the football.
    Unfortunately TWill fits that mold at this time.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: Vikings' receivers banged up

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I never said you were the only one knocking, Williamson. The fact is I'm one of the few who still support him. That being said, I'm being more realistic than optimistic. Although he did drop a pass on Monday, he also made a some tough catches, which nobody wants to talk about. Williamson deserves the criticism, all I am saying is that he also deserves patience as well.

    I think pointing out one Williamson drop in a game where the whole team did nothing right is looking for him to fail. If you are upset that Williamson dropped another pass, I would expect you to be livid at Mckinney and calling for Brad to be benched. Instead one drop is your only concern.

    Yes has has dropsies. Even so, our young receiver is getting better. Nobody gives him credit for that, and I don't know why.
    V-unit, I know where you're coming from. But at the same time, I'm not calling for Troy to be benched, just step it up a little. Same for Brad, same for McKinney, etc... I'm a supporter of them all as Vikings, it's just that Williamson's weekly drops are getting tiresome to me. When he catches the ball on many of those short routes, it's not noticed as much because that is what he is supposed to do. But when he drops the big ones game after game, that stands out like a sore thumb because it happens a lot. But I must say, one big-time playmaking catch in the next game or the one after that and I'm going to be standing and cheering as much as you. I want him to succeed. I really do.
    Even babies know the difference.

  6. #86
    Purple_Hope's Avatar
    Purple_Hope is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    124

    Re: Vikings' receivers banged up

    I agree with V-Unit. I saw Williamson make a few nice grabs Monday night. He missed that one deep ball but I think that might have been his only dropped 'catchable' ball all night. Imagine what he might be capable of once he gets that 'taste' of the endzone. I think a little bit of confidence is going to go a long ways with this young receiver. Give him a break. I thought Monday night he showed a lot of improvement.

  7. #87
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    541

    Re: Vikings' receivers banged up

    I've watched that play over and over again. His hand was pulled down when the ball was comming down. I think he lost his concentration because of this (he should still try for the ball). I hope someone posts it, because it is definatly PI. Troy did make a lot of catches during the game, and even a one handed grab.

    I really think that we got screwed with the bad calls and non-calls. If you see where they were or weren't, it definatly was at times when we were driving with some momentum. I'm not saying that we would've won the game, but it did steer the outcome.


  8. #88
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings' receivers banged up

    "grpape" wrote:
    I've watched that play over and over again. His hand was pulled down when the ball was comming down. I think he lost his concentration because of this (he should still try for the ball). I hope someone posts it, because it is definatly PI. Troy did make a lot of catches during the game, and even a one handed grab.

    I really think that we got screwed with the bad calls and non-calls. If you see where they were or weren't, it definatly was at times when we were driving with some momentum. I'm not saying that we would've won the game, but it did steer the outcome.

    I'd like to see the replay too.
    I don't remember seeing PI but I may be wrong.
    When I watched the replay I saw the ball hitting him without an attempt to catch the ball.
    Other calls or non-calls were a little rediculous in this game and could have changed the outcome (at least in the final scoring).

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Similar Threads

  1. G@Y Banged up
    By Vikes_King in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 03:40 PM
  2. Vikings confident in their other receivers
    By FedjeViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 11:28 PM
  3. Vikings confident in their other receivers
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 12:06 PM
  4. VIKINGS SIGN TWO RECEIVERS
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 04:12 PM
  5. Burleson still all banged up
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 10:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •