Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully GB steps up to the plate.

I'm none too worried though. Gettin a bit excited, but look, seems to me there is a direction and a plan in the front office. I've bled Purple too long to freak out now. I melted down once long ago when the sprygen wynn cost me 5 hundo on a football parlay. It'll all buff out in the end.
    Tuco the world.....

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Hopefully GB steps up to the plate.
    You'd rather start 3 rookies?

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    You'd rather start 3 rookies?
    I would rather draft talent than keep overpaying for guys that don't end up giving us what we need. He is 5'11. We need a guy 6-2 to 6-4 that can handle the sidelines and deeper routes.

Long answer short- yes.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I would rather draft talent than keep overpaying for guys that don't end up giving us what we need. He is 5'11. We need a guy 6-2 to 6-4 that can handle the sidelines and deeper routes.

Long answer short- yes.
    I'd rather see what our QB can really do. If we are gonna send our 2nd best player packing because of him...

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    We won more games without Harvin than with him. He was a great talent but an ass to deal with for the coaches. Winny was old and tired, couldn't stay healthy and he needed to be culled from the herd.
    We had a RB have the greatest stretch in history in that stretch.... you don't plan on that happening again. Why would you build a team around that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I'd rather see what our QB can really do. If we are gonna send our 2nd best player packing because of him...
    Umm, Didn't we already see that when the second best player was on the bench for the second half of the season when we made the playoff run?

I want to see what the QB can do when he isn't throwing -1 yard passes and letting Harvin be a RB lining up outside the TE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We had a RB have the greatest stretch in history in that stretch.... you don't plan on that happening again. Why would you build a team around that?
    What the hell else would you do? You signed the RB to the biggest RB contract in history, you have a QB who is not exactly the long arm of the law and you have a pair of TE's that were either expensive FA's or high draft picks.

Do you honestly believe we are going to go back to 1998?

What the hell else would you do? You signed the RB to the biggest RB contract in history, you have a QB who is not exactly the long arm of the law and you have a pair of TE's that were either expensive FA's or high draft picks.

Awesome. I was just watchin highlights. Carter, Reed, Moss. And Good 'ol LEROY!!!!!!! Seems like alota folks think that will magically appear again this year. It won't. Ever again. Awesome point.
    Tuco the world.....

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Worst argument ever!!!!!!
    You said we did fine without him meaning it's ok that he is gone.
    I pointed out that it took RECORD BREAKING effort to do so. Something we should not pin our season on happening again!!!!!! It's simple we dont have to be 98 all over... but we could be the Pack, or 49ers, Giants, Saints, and Falcons as teams that have great run and pass games and can choose how to beat you. This way when we run into a great passing D...we can pound the ball... and when we face a great run defense we can pass on them....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast