Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    He would make a perfectly fine slot receiver man. The guy has very good hands, and has speed to burn. With a little coaching and being put in that position, I can see big things from him. If you couldn't tell by the games he played in that he has a lot of talent, then I don't know what to say.
    Again..he caught
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZspzqeZj6o
    Is this the talent of which you speak of...
    He has speed but he is not an amazing talent. 2 of the td catches on that play were simply blown underneath coverages...nothing more nothing less ( play designed) where he caught an open pass. The other was a pass where he tourched the Lions secondary......congrats.
    The play action play on the double move was nice. WHich makes my point. He is an average WR he shines so much more because everyone else we had looked like shit.

BTW at the 1:00 mark.. I love the pass from Ponder. Almost turned a sure TD into a incomplete or stuff.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Again..he caught
    He has speed but he is not an amazing talent. 2 of the td catches on that play were simply blown underneath coverages...nothing more nothing less ( play designed) where he caught an open pass. The other was a pass where he tourched the Lions secondary......congrats.
    The play action play on the double move was nice. WHich makes my point. He is an average WR he shines so much more because everyone else we had looked like shit.

BTW at the 1:00 mark.. I love the pass from Ponder. Almost turned a sure TD into a incomplete or stuff.
    The whole receiving core will look better when Ponder stops throwing the ball and MBT starts throwing the ball.

Read on here where Simpson did more for the team as a downfield blocker then he did as a pass-catcher. Completely accurate. Ponder is the guy. The FO is stickin with him, and he does best getting the ball to the tight ends and droppin in a screen. Jennings adds route running and more dependable hands then Simpson. I can't stand Simpson, but that's just me. My two cents: AP, Rudolph, and Jennings, along with Blair...Those are the go-to guys. Would have preferred AP, Amendola, Rudolph, and Blair. Again, just a feelin a got
    Tuco the world.....

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Again..he caught

The whole receiving core will look better when Ponder stops throwing the ball and MBT starts throwing the ball.
    Negative Nancy!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings Re-Sign Jerome Simpson

I saw some potential in Simpson at Cincy and sometimes players need a full year in a new system to get things down. I am going to wait and see how he starts out this year because it is possible that he will be a totally different player with a year under his belt.

Or he just might not be a good fit. Time will tell. If he does come around we will have the roster filled out on offense. We have more issues on defense.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Hopefully Simpson is fixing his hands this off season.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    It would be awesome to have Keenan Allen/ Jennings/Wright/Rudolph/AD. Even a mediocre QB should be able to do good with 5 legit weapons on the field.
    That begs the question, is Ponder even a mediocre QB?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123