Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Has upside, but scored 0 TD's last season..

Something has to happen at the WR position.
    No doubt, here's what we currently have on the roster:

Simpson makes five and easily is the most experienced of the group. Jarius Wright, Stephen Burton, practice-squad holdover Chris Summers and Greg Childs, who missed all of his rookie season after tearing both his patellar tendons in camp, have 29 NFL catches combined.
    Outside of Simpson that is....29 NFL catches combined!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    You signed the wrong Jerome, idiot!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    You signed the wrong Jerome, idiot!
    That Simpson is a hell of a blocker.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I will say one thing that seems to be getting glossed over, If you watch AP's long runs last year, Harvin, Simpson and Jenkins were all very, very good at blocking for him down the field. Jenkins was especially good at downfield blocking and we may very well see a big decline in the yards peterson gets as a result of the turnover we are gong to have at the WR position. Hopefully the coaches do a good job of getting the new guys to pick up where we left off but it is very possible that this hurts his production.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings Re-Sign Jerome Simpson

I like Simpson. Has the pieces but was suspended and injured.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    I don't mind bringing Simpson back. He was injured much of last season, and he could not show much.

I would have liked a two or three season deal though. These one season trial deals without a team option for a second or third year are not good value if the player shows his upside.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    What about those seasons he wasn't injured and didn't show much ?
    Hopefully we will draft a young wide receiver and Simpson will be a back up.
    He's been in the league for years with out producing much. At some point the excuses aren't valid.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    What about those seasons he wasn't injured and didn't show much ?
    Hopefully we will draft a young wide receiver and Simpson will be a back up.
    He's been in the league for years with out producing much. At some point the excuses aren't valid.
    I agree. We will be drafting a WR, and Simpson will take his rightful spot as a 4th WR. It would be awesome to have Keenan Allen/ Jennings/Wright/Rudolph/AD. Even a mediocre QB should be able to do good with 5 legit weapons on the field.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I'll say it again on Wright....
    The love for him is premature. His upside is that of an average NFL WR. He's not that yet.
    It's just that it's been so bad here...we have forgotten what the norm is. Percy played half the year and still lead the team in catches.....WTF. Its like anytime a guy catches a ball he is instantly the next big thing to us. He should be a 4th wr at best.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I'll say it again on Wright....
    The love for him is premature. His upside is that of an average NFL WR. He's not that yet.
    It's just that it's been so bad here...we have forgotten what the norm is. Percy played half the year and still lead the team in catches.....WTF. Its like anytime a guy catches a ball he is instantly the next big thing to us. He should be a 4th wr at best.
    He would make a perfectly fine slot receiver man. The guy has very good hands, and has speed to burn. With a little coaching and being put in that position, I can see big things from him. If you couldn't tell by the games he played in that he has a lot of talent, then I don't know what to say.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast