Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vikings RBs

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings RBs

I am really curious to know if we would have taken one of the big 3 Rbs from the draft if they would have fell to the 7th pick.

1 1 San Francisco Smith, Alex D. QB 6-4 212 Utah
    2 2 Miami Brown, Ronnie RB 6-0 233 Auburn
    3 3 Cleveland Edwards, Braylon WR 6-3 211 Michigan
    4 4 Chicago Benson, Cedric RB 5-10 222 Texas
    5 5 Tampa Bay Williams, Carnell RB 5-11 217 Auburn
    6 6 Tennessee Jones, Adam 'Pacman' CB 5-11 187 West Virginia
    7 7 Minnesota (from Oakland) Williamson, Troy WR 6-1 203 South Carolina
    8 8 Arizona Rolle, Antrel CB 6-0 202 Miami (Fla.)
    9 9 Washington Rogers, Carlos CB 6-0 199 Auburn
    10 10 Detroit Williams, Mike WR 6-5 229 Southern California
    11 11 Dallas Ware, Demarcus DE 6-4 247 Troy State
    12 12 San Diego (from N.Y. Giants) Merriman, Shawne OLB 6-4 253 Maryland
    13 13 New Orleans (from Houston) Brown, Jammal OT 6-6 313 Oklahoma
    14 14 Carolina Davis, Thomas FS 6-1 231 Georgia
    15 15 Kansas City Johnson, Derrick O. OLB 6-3 234 Texas
    16 16 Houston (from New Orleans) Johnson, Travis DT 6-4 290 Florida State
    17 17 Cincinnati Pollack, David DE 6-2 261 Georgia
    18 18 Minnesota James, Erasmus DE 6-4 263 Wisconsin

We are going to see Williams this weekend and I hope we stuff him every time.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I doubt we would have taken one of the three RBs. I would like to think that if we didn't draft Williamson we would have drafted Derrick Johnson, LB Texas.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Its a good question. I think Tice was locked on a deep threat receiver, so Braylon may have been the only one considered above Troy.

The top 3 RB's went to teams committed to running the ball (in the case of Miami, Chicago and Tampa they don't have much choice).

douginc is offline Starter

I thought I read on an interview with Bryzinski that we were actually trying to trade up so we could get one of those big RBs. He also stated that we asked the Jaguars to swap first round picks for Donovin Darius, and they declined, asking for additional round picks, like second round and/or third round, and we weren't willing to give up that much. Then they denied ever having the conversation about trading him.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"tastywaves" wrote:
    Its a good question. I think Tice was locked on a deep threat receiver, so Braylon may have been the only one considered above Troy.

The top 3 RB's went to teams committed to running the ball (in the case of Miami, Chicago and Tampa they don't have much choice).
    Also during the draft we still had O Smith on the roster.
    BTW I liked the choices in this poll.. :lol: Nicely worded. :thumbleft:

WWBGD

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

well alright, i think most of us agree that our lack of a running game has to do with our o-line. i've got a question, if it doesn't get better and we're still averaging a 2.5 yards/carry, what do we do? Draft offensive line men next draft, try and pick them up in the offseason, or wait and see if our line gels? i personally think Moore should be starting, if you would have asked me before Smith got suspended this season i would have said smith.

Thanks Josdin

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    well alright, i think most of us agree that our lack of a running game has to do with our o-line. i've got a question, if it doesn't get better and we're still averaging a 2.5 yards/carry, what do we do? Draft offensive line men next draft, try and pick them up in the offseason, or wait and see if our line gels? i personally think Moore should be starting, if you would have asked me before Smith got suspended this season i would have said smith.
    personally I would hate to draft o-line first round. Speaking of O-lineman in the draft... Has anyone heard anything about that Robert Gallery in Oakland? I haven't... :???:

I would have to say that if our running game problems continue then we should look for a good running back in FA (Bennett and Moore will be gone because they are FA's after the season...?) and pick up o-line in Free Agency or god forbid the draft.. There is not much else we can do if the problem persists.

well i don't think we'll be letting both Bennett and Moore go. i think the only way we'd do that is if we had an oppurtunity to grab a stud RB, the only ones that might be available that i can think of is Alexander, but if that was the case we should have pulled trigger on that deal this off season. next year he'll be another year older and that much closer to retirement. so i'm sad to say but we might need to draft o-lineman, or get some experienced lineman over the offseason if our running game still blows at the end of the season.

Thanks Josdin

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It is poor game plan.. Like Del said earlier its all the same thing and we barley run them.. And also I remember Del saying along time ago that it's ALWAYS on first down that we run.. It's really predictable.. I think our line will play better in the regular season.. We need to find a true back and get a better game plan.. Thank god we have a great passing game!

as for Robert Gallery you ask? he started in 15 games last year at RT. Gallery and the rest of the line gave up the 5th least amount sacks last year. so obviously Gallery didn't really flop.

Thanks Josdin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast