Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings RB Situation

i think Smith is better with his moves,breaking tackles,pass catching

The only things bennett is better is speed and maybe pass blocking

I like them both and i im in no way saying we should trade one away

but if i had to one or other i would take smith
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings RB Situation

I give OS credit for doing better in the blocking lately. And he seems to be more durable. The runners that have that lower center of Gravity usually last longer.

But I think that Bennet has done well breaking tackles when people get close enough to touch him. If he would have been on some of those run OS had where he made it into the secondary, it would have resulted in the TD. Two TDs i think. The trick is if we can create big enough holes for him to run through. In the past few years we opened up the biggest holes for him, you could've driven 2 mack truck through the holes.

What Bennett will have to prove is that he can run through traffic, our hole haven't been as big this year. Also, without Kleiny the lineman pulling is having to stop and help instead of going downfield and blocking LBs and DBs.

This offseason Bennett was 210 pounds and ran a faster time than the qualifiers for the 100m US olympics. He chose to keep the wait and concentrate on Football. He is fast. That time was with 5 extra pounds on. We are talking about split seconds here. He has that acceleration factor that smith doesn't. This makes him more valuable. He does everything that Smith does except stay healthy. Oh and as far as we know he doesn't do dope. I have no problem with people smoking dope but he has a responsibilty to the Vikings and the fans to knock that crap off.

Also they both do well catching the ball.

I too like them both, I just feel that Bennett is more valuable to the team. Smith has definitely proven that he could play. He proved that as far back as last year. So if Bennett comes back and doesn't do well, we shouldn't hesitate putting him in.

The job is Bennett's to keep or lose.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings RB Situation

Boomer Sooner!!!! A high school teammate, Johnny Fontenette, played TE for the Sooners in the mid '80s, and I have been a fan since. They will kick some A$$ this year with the awesome frosh, Adrian Peterson. He is the REAL DEAL!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings RB Situation

Sooner vs the Gophers

Gophers National Champs had a ring to it until I realized that ring was my Alarm clock.

Actually I am a Sooner FB fan U of M first but they haven't competed on the same level ever so the way I see it is I have a team to root for on each tier.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings RB Situation

Almost time to see another A$$ whoopin of UT by OU. I have many friends from UHLC that went to UT undergrad, and I never tire of giving them sh*t about getting killed every year by OU. What fun!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

KansasStateViking is offline Training Camp

Vikings RB Situation

Easy on the OU to the N.C. predictions, they have to get past my cats first. :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:
    "Ain t nothing but 10 grand. What s 10 grand to me?" - Randy "Moonman" Moss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12