Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Ranked 23rd, from NFL.com

Talentwise I think we deserve to be in the bottom half. I think we're better than 13 or 14 teams in the league, but we're not top 10 talent. With a shaky linebacking corps, an old quarterback, no running back that has proven he's the franchise, and a whole group of rookie coaches there's no proof or reason to think we're a top 10 or 15 team.

With that said however, we definately COULD end up in the top 10 in the standings. If you look at NFL.com's list, Chicago and Green Bay (which is lame) are both ranked ahead of us, so if we take care of them that helps a lot. Also, all 4 NFC East teams are ranked ahead of the Vikes, and I have a feeling that no one in that division is getting above 10-6 because the division is so difficult. Another 10 teams are AFC opponents, who really don't matter all THAT much because we only play 2 of them that are playoff teams.

So, if you take the AFC out of it, if we beat the people within our own division and the NFC East does what I think they'll do, we're easily a wildcard team in the NFC. Hopefully all of that makes sesnse...

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

We have talent we just need to play consistanly up to our talent level and we will be a good team. We were a popular pick to make the Super Bowl last year and we failed big time so I don't put much stock in these polls since training camp hasn't even started yet.

I just hope that Childress has us more competitive and ready to play on the road because under Tice we always fell behind on the road big time right away.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

They can say w/e they want to, I don't listen to critics anymore. They just guess and hope they get right most of the time

Thank you Josdin for the sig

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I hate ranking like that...He can take his ranking and shove them up his arse. I think the respect issue is bullcrap...no respect no nothing...but will see wont we

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ChiTownVike" wrote:
    They can say w/e they want to, I don't listen to critics anymore. They just guess and hope they get right most of the time
    Which they never do!

These type of pre-season rankings don't mean squat. They are nothing more than offseason news filler. Once the season starts and everyone can truly judge every team's performance (via stats and records), then let's talk rankings. Until then, it's nothing more than one guy's opinion.
    Even babies know the difference.

oakmage is offline Starter

Okay just look at the team he has above us and what do I see the Packers, The Packers the proved he does not know what he was talking about when he wrote this “.Brett Favre threw 29 interceptions and no one is sure how he will be in the West Coast offense.” Wasn’t Mike Holmgren Favre Head Coach at one time? You know the one who is known for using the west coast? Also did he not have a Head Coach go by the name of Mike Sherman who also was known for using the West Coast offence? If the guy can not even get that right then why should we believe anything else he has to say on Football?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    lol, #22, one spot above us
    how the packers get placed ahead of us is absolutely disgraceful on this writers part
    That's all he is just a writer, it's just a crappy guess.

he didn't even mention the signing of Steve Hutchinson!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Pre-season rankings are just for people that don't have anything to do in the offseason.

The most powerful character in Final Fantasy history

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast