Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings QBs know job status isn't set

I think Brad will be fine. Sure he didn't have GREAT numbers last year nor did he do GREAT against good teams. However, look at the whole picture. 12 TDs vs. 4 INTs. A horrible line that didn't protect. Went 7-2 as a starter. Good QBs know that you don't have to carry the entire load. You do whatever it is you need to do and let your teammates help you out. That's why this is considered a team sport.

I can tell you that when he had time to throw the ball he threw effectively. More than I can say for Pep last year. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes. The guy has over 60% winning percentage in his career. 3rd best in NFL history. Everyone always wants to base everyones performance on stats. That's fine and all but it's a team effort. The team is fine with Brad for this year. Yes we do need a QB of the future. I'm not sold on McMahon or JT although they both are good athletes. Do you think Troy Aikman had great stats for a QB? His were okay and maybe a little above average. What he had was intelligence, a great front line, Emmit, Michael Irvin, Moose and everyone else around him. He never carried that team on his back and he won 3 SBs. I know the Vikes don't have the calibur of team that Dallas had in the 90s. So I'm not comparing the 2 teams. I'm making a point that you don't need great stats to win football games. The game they won last year against the Giants is an example. BJ had a horrible game if you look at stats. What he did was orchastrate a few good drives to get them in FG range. It's not his fault Edinger missed 2 FGs that game. Also, he impressed me that game because no matter how many times he was hit hard he held onto the ball. 0 INTs and 0 fumbles. Those are stats you should look at. He came through in the 4th quarter as well. You need intelligence and teamwork. Brad has a good attitude. He knows where his place is. He knows what could happen. He is willing to teach a younger QB.

I honestly don't know why people are so negative about him. The only thing people can say is his age. So what? How old was Gannon when he won MVP? When did Gannon become an elite QB? He was in his upper 30s at that time. Like singer said let's hope he stays healthy.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I think Brad will be fine. Sure he didn't have GREAT numbers last year nor did he do GREAT against good teams. However, look at the whole picture. 12 TDs vs. 4 INTs. A horrible line that didn't protect. Went 7-2 as a starter. Good QBs know that you don't have to carry the entire load. You do whatever it is you need to do and let your teammates help you out. That's why this is considered a team sport.

I can tell you that when he had time to throw the ball he threw effectively. More than I can say for Pep last year. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes. The guy has over 60% winning percentage in his career. 3rd best in NFL history. Everyone always wants to base everyones performance on stats. That's fine and all but it's a team effort. The team is fine with Brad for this year. Yes we do need a QB of the future. I'm not sold on McMahon or JT although they both are good athletes. Do you think Troy Aikman had great stats for a QB? His were okay and maybe a little above average. What he had was intelligence, a great front line, Emmit, Michael Irvin, Moose and everyone else around him. He never carried that team on his back and he won 3 SBs. I know the Vikes don't have the calibur of team that Dallas had in the 90s. So I'm not comparing the 2 teams. I'm making a point that you don't need great stats to win football games. The game they won last year against the Giants is an example. BJ had a horrible game if you look at stats. What he did was orchastrate a few good drives to get them in FG range. It's not his fault Edinger missed 2 FGs that game. Also, he impressed me that game because no matter how many times he was hit hard he held onto the ball. 0 INTs and 0 fumbles. Those are stats you should look at. He came through in the 4th quarter as well. You need intelligence and teamwork. Brad has a good attitude. He knows where his place is. He knows what could happen. He is willing to teach a younger QB.

I honestly don't know why people are so negative about him. The only thing people can say is his age. So what? How old was Gannon when he won MVP? When did Gannon become an elite QB? He was in his upper 30s at that time. Like singer said let's hope he stays healthy.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    It's Brad right now for sure IMO

McMahon is garbage and missed a bunch of throws yesterday.. And will again today.. And keep doing that
    And if Brad gets injured this year, he's our guy with J.T. O'Sullivan waiting in the wings.

Let's hope Brad stays healthy! :wink:

I agree..

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

"ejmat" wrote:
    12 TDs vs. 4 INTs. A horrible line that didn't protect. Went 7-2 as a starter. Good QBs know that you don't have to carry the entire load.
    You forgot no running game.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12