Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: The Vikings’ QB situation is a mess

Ding ding ding.
    10 points to PP.O Bud Grant.
    Nice name by the way, is that fairly new?

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]The Minnesota Vikings’ QB situation is a mess[/size]

by dawgpounded on Sunday 24 June 2007 at 8:37 am
    vikingslocker.com

The Vikings have by far the worst QB situation in the NFL right now.
    The starter will probably be second year man Tavaris Jackson out of tiny Alabama State.
    The Vikings are wrong in throwing this kid to the wolves before he’s ready and the results could wind up pretty darn awful.....
    Amazing the writer knows more about whether or not Jackson is ready than the coaching staff does.
    He apparently must be at every OTA, mini-camp etc... eh?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Billy" wrote:
    Ding ding ding.
    ;D

Somewhat new.
    Ultra surprised me with it around draft time.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

This guy must have a short memory because the QB situation isn't much different now than it was in 2000; Culpepper was the starter off his rookie year having played in ZERO games, and Bubby Brister was the backup.  I don't think we had a third QB that year. 

Culpepper played great for a second year guy, went 11-5 that year with an outstanding offense and a HORRIBLE defense.

Now, I'm not putting us in the Super Bowl or anything, but if the offense improves, we could win just as may games as we did in 2000.  Although we'll probably go 8-8.

Note:
    Steve McNair went to a small school too.
    I think he's done ok...
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    This guy must have a short memory because the QB situation isn't much different now than it was in 2000; Culpepper was the starter off his rookie year having played in ZERO games, and Bubby Brister was the backup.
    I don't think we had a third QB that year.

Culpepper (who also went to a relatively small school at UCF) played great for a second year guy, went 11-5 that year with an outstanding offense and a HORRIBLE defense.
    Nice comparison VF4L.
    I think that in 2000 people were less concerned because we had Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Robert Smith, and the general thought was that any QB could have succeeded in that offense (and they were probably right).

Our offense may not be as potent as it was in 2000, but I don't think it willb e half bad.
    We have a very good OL and an incredible running game.
    If just one of our WRs has a break though year, the 2007 Vikings will be a scary group to watch. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    Ding ding ding.
    ;D

Somewhat new.
    Ultra surprised me with it around draft time.
    What prompted the Bud Grant reference? Usually the titles reflect something about the uniqueness of the poster.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    This guy must have a short memory because the QB situation isn't much different now than it was in 2000; Culpepper was the starter off his rookie year having played in ZERO games, and Bubby Brister was the backup.
    I don't think we had a third QB that year.

Culpepper (who also went to a relatively small school at UCF) played great for a second year guy, went 11-5 that year with an outstanding offense and a HORRIBLE defense.
    Nice comparison VF4L.
    I think that in 2000 people were less concerned because we had Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Robert Smith, and the general thought was that any QB could have succeeded in that offense (and they were probably right).

Our offense may not be as potent as it was in 2000, but I don't think it willb e half bad.
    We have a very good OL and an incredible running game.
    If just one of our WRs has a break though year, the 2007 Vikings will be a scary group to watch. ;D
    I was probably more concerned than most were that year.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

When times get slow the hacks that don't have the faintest clue about the NFL and how things work write crap like this cause everyone else is doing it to.
    I guess they don't want to be left out.

Put yourself in thier shoes, in thier minds (because thier minds doen't understand the difference between a mobile and running QB) TJ hasn't really done anything to "Prove" himself yet. All that he has going for him is the confidence of the owner, HC, and staff.

And to be honest, until he gets out there and "Proves" himself (which he will by the way) we will keep seeing this drivel.
    All thier limited minds can write about is what they have seen "Proven" and not what is yet to be seen.

What concerns me more is that most so called "Fans" of the game that echo this drivel just show that they don't have the faintest clue about how things work in the NFL.

Come guys/gals.........

Do you think Mr. Wilf would support putting someone on the field that didn't have potential?
    Think about it.
    Whats at stake?
    Millions and Millions of dollars, a new stadium that won't get state funding without a winning team etc etc etc.

Do you think B-chill has that much of an ego that he would risk his reputation and possibly future as a coach on a kid that he didn't have confidence in?

Wake up smell the coffee people its perking.
    Don't buy into this crap.
    Do what I am doing......
    When I see drivel like this from local sports hacks or from some posters on this page, call them out, educate them and then if they don't understand/change thier wasy, store it away for face rubbing later.
    ;D

Crow is served........ ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i hope TJ lights everyone up this year just to prove the naysayers wrong

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    When times get slow the hacks that don't have the faintest clue about the NFL and how things work write crap like this cause everyone else is doing it to.
    I guess they don't want to be left out.

Put yourself in thier shoes, in thier minds (because thier minds doen't understand the difference between a mobile and running QB) TJ hasn't really done anything to "Prove" himself yet. All that he has going for him is the confidence of the owner, HC, and staff.

And to be honest, until he gets out there and "Proves" himself (which he will by the way) we will keep seeing this drivel.
    All thier limited minds can write about is what they have seen "Proven" and not what is yet to be seen.

What concerns me more is that most so called "Fans" of the game that echo this drivel just show that they don't have the faintest clue about how things work in the NFL.

Come guys/gals.........

Do you think Mr. Wilf would support putting someone on the field that didn't have potential?
    Think about it.
    Whats at stake?
    Millions and Millions of dollars, a new stadium that won't get state funding without a winning team etc etc etc.

Do you think B-chill has that much of an ego that he would risk his reputation and possibly future as a coach on a kid that he didn't have confidence in?

Wake up smell the coffee people its perking.
    Don't buy into this crap.
    Do what I am doing......
    When I see drivel like this from local sports hacks or from some posters on this page, call them out, educate them and then if they don't understand/change thier wasy, store it away for face rubbing later.
    ;D

Crow is served........ ;D
    Many quarterbacks with more potential than tjack fail. Many teams waste many seasons looking for a qb. Obviously alot of people with the vikings believe tjack will prove to be a good nfl qb. That doesn't mean he will be. The vikings have put alot of there eggs in one basket and if it works out the vikings will be on the fast track to getting to the superbowl. If it doesn't work out they could be on the fast track to mediocrity. It is all speculation at this point, some think he will do well others think that he won't. All we can do is wait to see what happens this season. The truth is we may not have all the answers even after this season because he is a multi year project. Even if he struggles this year he will likely be kept on the team to compete next year.
    I would say that I havn't heard anything negative about tjack's work ethic or off the field activities, which is good.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast