Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

Re: The Vikings’ QB situation is a mess

"singersp" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

there were too many games that we'd be down
    28-0
    at halftime and that happens to terrible teams, and we were not.

[size=13pt]kaka del rio![/size]

Would you care to list for me all the games we were down 28-0 by halftime under Tice?

Here, I'll even get you pointed in the right direction......

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/minindex.htm
    here we go.
    okay without even looking at your list what was the score in the game against the bengals, the panthers, the san diego game, the oakland game, indy, green bay(which we both came back from first half deficits. i remember 2 consecutive years getting destroyed by tampa.
    were the scores exactly 28-0 at half, no, i think most got my point, we got blown out by teams that were not that much better than us.
    if you wanna be a prick at least get something of more substance, especially if you are gonna go outta your way of posting a pic.
    just a thought.

as for childress playcalling, it was situations like going for it on 4th and 1 on his own 30 yard line in a game, and then kicking a field goal on a 4th and goal at the 1 in the same game.
    it was stuff like running the ball on several 3rd and 6's, or not taking enough shots down the field to open up some yac yards cuz teams will be afraid of us beating them over the top.
    that's why i'll give him the benefit of the doubt last year cuz i think alot of that could have had to do with the lack of speed and talent at qb, wr, and te.
    that's why i feel this year is so telling for him, even with a virtual rookie at qb.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

28-0

kaka del rio!

Would you care to list for me all the games we were down 28-0 by halftime under Tice?

here we go.
    okay without even looking at your list what was the score in the game against the bengals, the panthers, the san diego game, the oakland game, indy, green bay(which we both came back from first half deficits. i remember 2 consecutive years getting destroyed by tampa.
    were the scores exactly 28-0 at half, no, i think most got my point, we got blown out by teams that were not that much better than us.
    if you wanna be a prick at least get something of more substance, especially if you are gonna go outta your way of posting a pic.
    just a thought.

as for childress playcalling, it was situations like going for it on 4th and 1 on his own 30 yard line in a game, and then kicking a field goal on a 4th and goal at the 1 in the same game.
    it was stuff like running the ball on several 3rd and 6's, or not taking enough shots down the field to open up some yac yards cuz teams will be afraid of us beating them over the top.
    that's why i'll give him the benefit of the doubt last year cuz i think alot of that could have had to do with the lack of speed and talent at qb, wr, and te.
    that's why i feel this year is so telling for him, even with a virtual rookie at qb.
    Why all the man love for Tice lately Singer?
    Ragz and I have butted heads several times here at PP.O, and ever I recognized that 28-0 was an exaggeration to prove a point.

There were a few games that we were WAY behind at half time.
    I remember the Seattle game in 2002 where we were down 45-10 at half.
    But to be honest I think I remember losing more of the games in the 4th quarter.
    Our offense never sustained driver - either scoring quick or going three and out.
    That wore down our defense and I watched game after game be given away in the 4th.
    And I hated it!
    >
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

28-0

kaka del rio!

here we go.

just a thought.

Why all the man love for Tice lately Singer?
    Ragz and I have butted heads several times here at PP.O, and ever I recognized that 28-0 was an exaggeration to prove a point.

There were a few games that we were WAY behind at half time.
    I remember the Seattle game in 2002 where we were down 45-10 at half.
    But to be honest I think I remember losing more of the games in the 4th quarter.
    Our offense never sustained driver - either scoring quick or going three and out.
    That wore down our defense and I watched game after game be given away in the 4th.
    And I hated it!
    >
    you are right nodak, there were games like that, but they were against bad teams, such as arizona, chicago at the time with the likes of chad hutchinson, but we got blown out by seattle, atlanta, obviously cincy and carolina when we couldnt stop steve smith or chad johnson, and there were several others.
    really it's not even debateable.
    to tell you the truth in tice's later years he was very good at 2nd half adjustments but there was no excuse for coming into games and being in a hole after the 1st quarter.

that's what peeved me about childress last year, our 2nd halve's were just as dismal, not counting our stellar final drives scoring meaningless tds in games already over.
    but in his defense that very well could have been cuz the offense just did not have enough talent.

in the end my feeling is what pissed us off about tice, is what pissed most off us about childress last year, the nfc was weak all these years and some how we've stayed out of the playoffs for the most part and i'm sorry but we were playoff caliber for most of those years.
    i mean green bay was terrible and was winning our division after we'd get off to like 6-0 starts.
    last year we just lost to too many teams i feel we were better then, ie; s.f, miami, green bay, buffalo.
    so what's to argue about.

Blog Entries

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    you are right nodak, there were games like that, but they were against bad teams, such as arizona, chicago at the time with the likes of chad hutchinson, but we got blown out by seattle, atlanta, obviously cincy and carolina when we couldnt stop steve smith or chad johnson, and there were several others.
    to tell you the truth in tice's later years he was very good at 2nd half adjustments but there was no excuse for coming into games and being in a hole after the 1st quarter.

that's what peeved me about childress last year, our 2nd halve's were just as dismal, not counting our stellar final drives scoring meaningless tds in games already over.
    but in his defense that very well could have been cuz the offense just did not have enough talent.

in the end my feeling is what pissed us off about tice, is what pissed most off us about childress last year, the nfc was weak all these years and some how we've stayed out of the playoffs for the most part and i'm sorry but we were playoff caliber for most of those years.
    i mean green bay was terrible and was winning our division after we'd get off to like 6-0 starts.
    last year we just lost to too many teams i feel we were better then, ie; s.f, miami, green bay, buffalo.
    Yeah, I think that in game adjustments in general were a weak spot for Childress last year.
    We scored on the vast majority of our opening drives, and then always sizzled out.
    Hopefully this year will be better.
    I really think that if he turns over the play calling to Bevel, he will be able to do a better job of coaching the entire game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

Yeah, I think that in game adjustments in general were a weak spot for Childress last year.
    We scored on the vast majority of our opening drives, and then always sizzled out.
    Hopefully this year will be better.
    I really think that if he turns over the play calling to Bevel, he will be able to do a better job of coaching the entire game.
    maybe, but if he doesn't i just hope with the new talent that maybe we see what alot of people have been talking about on here.
    the whole offense.
    last year seemed predictable, i mean you would watch other games and see teams move the ball with such ease and we had trouble getting 1st downs for christ sakes.
    as frustrating as seeing the defense get beat with the pass, the offense mostly was always in the game but gave us no chance.
    i'm pumped for the year big time i just hope i'm not all pissed off by week 4 cuz we are averaging 7 points a game.

Blog Entries

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    i'm pumped for the year big time i just hope i'm not all pissed off by week 4 cuz we are averaging 7 points a game.
    I'll take an average of 7 points per game.. as long as our opponents are averaging less. ;D
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910