Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

"Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I don't have high hopes for J.D. Booty.

The way people bitched & whined here about Culpepper's fumbling due to his small hands, you can expect more of the same if not more with Booty, whose hands are 1" to 1-1/2" smaller than Daunte's.

It's a disaster waiting to happen.
    Funny thinkg is Daunte
    Seems like he has been playing better than Gus the last couple of weeks. ;D

Disater is not the word I was looking for. That may be an understatement.
    How has Daunte played better?
    Because he threw for 1 more yard than Gus?

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Even as they look prepared to take over first place in the NFC North -- a prize that comes with a set of steak knives -- the Vikings are establishing that they may have the worst quarterback situation in the NFL. (This exempts Detroit from the NFL. The Lions should hereafter be considered an at-large MAC team. I say this at the risk of getting sued by the MAC.)
    As a fan of a MAC team, I am offended by this article. Go NIU Huskies!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"josdin00" wrote:
    Even as they look prepared to take over first place in the NFC North -- a prize that comes with a set of steak knives -- the Vikings are establishing that they may have the worst quarterback situation in the NFL. (This exempts Detroit from the NFL. The Lions should hereafter be considered an at-large MAC team. I say this at the risk of getting sued by the MAC.)
    As a fan of a MAC team, I am offended by this article. Go NIU Huskies!
    Go Kent State!!! We have 3 wins!!!

I'm more a fan of the Kent basketball team than football. 10 consecutive 20 win seasons ain't too shabby. (not to mention a trip to the Elite 8.)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I defy anyone to show me where Childress HASN'T tried to find a better QB. You may say the draft, but let's face it, the draft is a crap-shoot in anyone's book.
    We tried and tried to find a competent QB this past winter when were were on the verge of a deal with Sage. But the deal fell through. And who know how many other inquiries the team made. Chilly and the rest of the Vikings staff may not be the brightest bulbs in the box, but they knew going into this season that they didn't have what they wanted in a QB. Chiller's biggest mistake was hanging his hat on TJ for too long. Whether or not it was stupidity or just plain hard headedness, I guess we'll never know. But by the time he realized it was too late. But to say the Vikings never tried to find a QB in the offseason is a lie.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I defy anyone to show me where Childress HASN'T tried to find a better QB. You may say the draft, but let's face it, the draft is a crap-shoot in anyone's book.
    We tried and tried to find a competent QB this past winter when were were on the verge of a deal with Sage. But the deal fell through. And who know how many other inquiries the team made. Chilly and the rest of the Vikings staff may not be the brightest bulbs in the box, but they knew going into this season that they didn't have what they wanted in a QB. Chiller's biggest mistake was hanging his hat on TJ for too long. Whether or not it was stupidity or just plain hard headedness, I guess we'll never know. But by the time he realized it was too late. But to say the Vikings never tried to find a QB in the offseason is a lie.
    This is correct Cojo.
    I really don't know where people get that from.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    This is correct Cojo.
    Well... Gus is playing for us right now, and playing awful.

TJack is benched, but probably deserves another shot.

Childress' stubbornness is what got us to this point in the first place, and now his stubbornness will prevent Jackson from seeing the field again (with both starting WRs healthy, mind you).

worse. its castitrophic

"ejmat" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    This is correct Cojo.
    Haha... oh yes, how can we forget the attempt at Sage Rosenfells... which would have simply been yet ANOTHER in Childress' many QB blunders.

Anyone who thinks Sage Rosenfells was going to come to the Vikes and be our savior at QB... please reevaluate your stance. He's not even a starter in Houston.

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    This is correct Cojo.
    Haha... oh yes, how can we forget the attempt at Sage Rosenfells... which would have simply been yet ANOTHER in Childress' many QB blunders.

Anyone who thinks Sage Rosenfells was going to come to the Vikes and be our savior at QB... please reevaluate your stance. He's not even a starter in Houston.
    Which would give him more of a reason to come here.
    If you are so sure the Vikings didn't make an effort to obtain Rosenfels or any other QB, prove it to me.
    You always give all your comments but never have crap to back it up except for maybe an outcome of what happened in 1 game or somthing to that extent.

"ejmat" wrote:
    Which would give him more of a reason to come here.
    If you are so sure the Vikings didn't make an effort to obtain Rosenfels or any other QB, prove it to me.
    You always give all your comments but never have crap to back it up except for maybe an outcome of what happened in 1 game or somthing to that extent.
    Whoa...

Well, lets start with Sage Rosenfells... really? He went for Sage Rosenfells? Really?

If he was going to be a starter, don't you think they would recognize that in Houston? I mean, he single handedly lost the Texans-Colts game... so that's one "Reason"...

As for Childress going after other QBs, he must have given it a half-assed effort. But that's irrellevant, as it stands today, we have Gus Ferrotte at QB and he's playing awful. Will Childress allow Jackson to see the field again? Probably not... and I blame a lot of the whole situation on Childress' ego. Plain and simple. Even other coaches around the league have referred to Childress as an "Ego" guy...

(Why? I have no idea... I didn't know people who resembled child molesters had ego's)

Was Childress or his crack staff able to bring in a different QB? No... so yes, I will blame him for that, regardless of how hard he "Tried"... I always hate hearing people say they "Tried"... such a loser's quote.

[size=18pt]
    THEN TRY HARDER[/size]

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast