Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    PsychoViking is offline Training Camp

Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

"ejmat" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    [glow=red,2,300]The only selution to this whole mess is to get rid of 1. Childress...2. get rid of Gus & T-jack...3. somehow trade for a qjuailty proven starter and then use a HIGH (1st round) pick on a QB of the future.[/glow]
    Yeah that's it.

That would fix everything.
    High 1st round pick QBs are a sure thing and would fix every bit of Viking problems.

Sarcasm Off

To start all over again with a new HC and new QBs would do nothing but set us back several years.
    This team has a chance to be good right now.
    What they need is a QB that has accuracy and make the defenses play honest.
    They also need to fix their punt return problems.
    Unfortunately that would mean either working with Klewe or getting rid of him.
    It is his continuous punts without hangtime that hurt that team.
    That being said they would need a new holder for Longwell.
    And the Vikings QB situation right now is good ??.....damn man you sure have missed the point here.....now go back to practice Gus, you need all you can get.....but seriously.....you sure did miss the point of the whole thing didn't you ??......what are your grand ideas for fixing the QB situation ??.....and are you trying to tell me the the punt coverage teams are the only reason the Vikings are not living up to expectations this year, if so, then you need to start all over again and relearn what football is all about.....the Vikings have alot more problems than just the g'damned punt team.
    The World is Full Of Kings & Queens..Who Will Blind Your Eyes..Then Steal Your Dreams..Its Heaven & Hell

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"PsychoViking" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    [glow=red,2,300]The only selution to this whole mess is to get rid of 1. Childress...2. get rid of Gus & T-jack...3. somehow trade for a qjuailty proven starter and then use a HIGH (1st round) pick on a QB of the future.[/glow]
    Yeah that's it.

High 1st round pick QBs are a sure thing and would fix every bit of Viking problems.

Sarcasm Off

To start all over again with a new HC and new QBs would do nothing but set us back several years.
    And the Vikings QB situation right now is good ??.....damn man you sure have missed the point here.....now go back to practice Gus, you need all you can get.....but seriously.....you sure did miss the point of the whole thing didn't you ??......what are your grand ideas for fixing the QB situation ??.....and are you trying to tell me the the punt coverage teams are the only reason the Vikings are not living up to expectations this year, if so, then you need to start all over again and relearn what football is all about.....the Vikings have alot more problems than just the g'damned punt team.
    I never said our QB situation is good.
    I never said the ONLY thing we needed to fix was STs.
    However read your post back to yourself.
    You are saying to draft a QB high in the 1st round as if it has been the golden thing to do over the past several decades.
    Only a handful of those golden childs work out vs the many that do not.

Then you want to get rid of the #1 and #2 QB and keep a rookie, draft another rookie.
    I never stated the QB situation is good.
    Yes we need someone else but someone that is a proven veteran.
    Not a crapshoot as a rookie.
    You also think that Childress is the entire reason we are ONLY 6-5 right now.
    Prove to me that Childress is the only cause for the Viking problems.
    By the way, they are right in the playoff hunt (tied for 1st and 1 game behind a wildcard if it came down to it) while playing one of the toughest schedules this year.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Souhan's point is NOT that we have a crappy QB situation (everyone knows that). His point is that the Vikings should hire a general manager. By the way, this is a point he's been "preaching" for over a year now since the Foley incident. It's his "pet" bitch about the Vikings management. (Even more important than getting rid of Chilly. Of course, the two may go hand in hand.)
    But I'm not so sure about the general manager idea. I thought that the TOA idea had the same role as the general manager with Wilf doing the hiring and firing of personnel.
    If there's one area I do like about the Vikings it's their drafts. I love Studwell and I think that Spielman is a good addition. I think we all know that Childress may be the weak link.
    I love this quote from Souhan's article:
    Problems always start at the top. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf has invested lots of emotion and cash in the team, but he never hired a true general manager, someone who would insist on the obvious: If you want to make a serious run at a championship, you need a real starting quarterback.
    Well duhhhhhhh, it doesn't take a General Manager to figure that out. I think every fan in the NFL knows that.

Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    A week after torching this guy, I'm now quoting him.

Problems always start at the top. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf has invested lots of emotion and cash in the team, but he never hired a true general manager, someone who would insist on the obvious: If you want to make a serious run at a championship, you need a real starting quarterback.

Almost four years into the Wilf Era, nobody in charge has done anything to improve the most important position on the team.
    I have been saying this for quite awhile, the Vikes need a Football guy to call the shots, not a Football FAN with a buttload of money.
    Wilf has no more knowledge than many of us when it comes to football...and in some cases he has far LESS...but he's set himself up to play GM with his very own franchise.
    Bad idea.
    And the biggest indicator that this is a bad idea is the fact that he hired Childress.

A real GM would can Childress, bring in a REAL Head Coach, who in turn would bring in a REAL Offensive Coordinator, who in turn would SCREAM that he needed
    - at the very LEAST - a COMPETANT Quarterback, and change would occur.

But Chiller didn't do that.
    He bet the farm on Jackson....and it flopped.
    I don't blame Jackson for that entirely, I blame Chiller.
    He took a project kid and pushed him into the lions den too soon with only Adrian Peterson to save him.

But that takes me back to the ROOT of the problem, Zygi.
    Until Wilf decides to get serious about winning, and figures out that the fact that he has money does NOT equate with him having football wisdom, we're going to have an uphill fight every season.
    No REAL head coach wants to come in to a situation where he has an inexperienced owner wanting to play with his football team.

So, Wilf needs to find a GM....a REAL GM...and back off.
    The GM will handle the rest.

Caine
    Amen. If I had a dollar for every time I said the same thing...
    A GM would see the need for a legitamate offensive coordinator as well.
    When I watch what has happened in Miami I shake my head in despair.
    The NFL structure which uses a GM is dogmatic.
    Sometimes it works to have the head coach also be the GM, but that isn't always ideal, unless the GM doesn't allow the coaches to have any say in player aquisition.

The second point regarding quarterbacks that has me dazed and confused is the concept of a quarterback to just manage the game. We don't need a good one. We just don't need a bad one. BS.

So I agree; we need a GM to come in and make the moves necessary to get this train rolling.

Gus and Tarvaris are both so bad I can't understand any arguement about who should be the starter.
    I don't think it matters.

I don't think this team is that far short of being very good. Just give me a decent QB, please.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PsychoViking" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    Yeah that's it.

Sarcasm Off

And the Vikings QB situation right now is good ??.....gol 'darnit man you sure have missed the point here.....now go back to practice Gus, you need all you can get.....but seriously.....you sure did miss the point of the whole thing didn't you ??......what are your grand ideas for fixing the QB situation ??.....and are you trying to tell me the the punt coverage teams are the only reason the Vikings are not living up to expectations this year, if so, then you need to start all over again and relearn what football is all about.....the Vikings have alot more problems than just the g'damned punt team.
    Well maybe if your first post would have included all those points instead of just the two you first posted, you might have gotten a different response.
    ;D

As to your additional, ammended points....

a.
    Do you need to fire the HC to fix the ST's or get a new ST's coach?
    I say you fire Ferraro and bring in a new guy who can coach the guys up.
    b.
    Is the QB situation a product of just he HC or rather a product of a staff attempting to fix a key position in an evironment (the NFL) were the state of QB's is pretty slim. I am on the fence on this but when I look at the QB's in the league, what other teams have, I don't think we are the only team in the league that has QB issues not only for today but for the future as well.

Again, I am all for getting rid of the Chiller this year but it isn't for the things you mentioned first and then ammended with your second post.
    His issue for me that I can't get over is his system that the coaching staff uses to get players ready.
    Until he fixes that system it won't matter what kindof talent is brought in as they will never be 100% ready to execute the scheme/game plan week to week.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    Yeah that's it.

Sarcasm Off

And the Vikings QB situation right now is good ??.....gol 'darnit man you sure have missed the point here.....now go back to practice Gus, you need all you can get.....but seriously.....you sure did miss the point of the whole thing didn't you ??......what are your grand ideas for fixing the QB situation ??.....and are you trying to tell me the the punt coverage teams are the only reason the Vikings are not living up to expectations this year, if so, then you need to start all over again and relearn what football is all about.....the Vikings have alot more problems than just the g'damned punt team.
    Well maybe if your first post would have included all those points instead of just the two you first posted, you might have gotten a different response.

;D

a.
    b.
    Is the QB situation a product of just he HC or rather a product of a staff attempting to fix a key position in an evironment (the NFL) were the state of QB's is pretty slim. I am on the fence on this but when I look at the QB's in the league, what other teams have, I don't think we are the only team in the league that has QB issues not only for today but for the future as well.

Again, I am all for getting rid of the Chiller this year but it isn't for the things you mentioned first and then ammended with your second post.
    His issue for me that I can't get over is his system that the coaching staff uses to get players ready.
    Until he fixes that system it won't matter what kindof talent is brought in as they will never be 100% ready to execute the scheme/game plan week to week.
    Great post Marrdo.

PsychoVike - It was very easy to miss any points you were trying to bring to the table.
    You really said nothing except for fire childress, draft a high QB and get rid of the #1 and #2 QBs on the team.
    I am just wondering what other point(s) wyou wanted me to get out of your first post.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    Yeah that's it.

Sarcasm Off

;D

a.
    b.

Great post Marrdo.

PsychoVike - It was very easy to miss any points you were trying to bring to the table.
    You really said nothing except for fire childress, draft a high QB and get rid of the #1 and #2 QBs on the team.
    I am just wondering what other point(s) wyou wanted me to get out of your first post.
    Thanks my friend.
    Sometimes even a blind yutz of a squirrel will find an acorn.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Souhan's point is NOT that we have a crappy QB situation (everyone knows that). His point is that the Vikings should hire a general manager. By the way, this is a point he's been "preaching" for over a year now since the Foley incident. It's his "pet" beeyatch about the Vikings management. (Even more important than getting rid of Chilly. Of course, the two may go hand in hand.)
    But I'm not so sure about the general manager idea. I thought that the TOA idea had the same role as the general manager with Wilf doing the hiring and firing of personnel.
    If there's one area I do like about the Vikings it's their drafts. I love Studwell and I think that Spielman is a good addition. I think we all know that Childress may be the weak link.
    I love this quote from Souhan's article:
    Well duhhhhhhh, it doesn't take a General Manager to figure that out. I think every fan in the NFL knows that.

Your post highlighted the weakness in the system - the "Triumverate of terror".
    Wilf does the hiring and firing.

Wilf is the weak link in the system.

Let's face it, up until 4 years ago, Zygi Wilf was a football fan....albeit a RICH fan, but a fan nonetheless.
    His football knowledge was as deep as ours - and in many cases, might be LESS than that of many of the posters here.

However, he's loaded, so where WE go and buy the latest Madden Offering to play "I own a franchise and I'm going to dominate forever", Zygi went out and actually bought a franchise.

The trouble is, he doesn't actually know what he's doing with it.
    So he went and hired Chiller - a guy who will let him have "his say" and pretned he knows what he's doing.
    And Chiller went out and did the exact same thing when he hired Darrell Bevell to be his OC.

So, as you can see, the "cycle of absurdity" started with Zygi.

In order to be successful, Zygi needs to stay in the skybox, wave to the cameras, and hire someone who KNOWS football to run the franchise...and that would be NO ONE NAMED WILF!!!!!

And anyone who knows football will fire Chiller and the coaching staff YESTERDAY and bring in competant coaches while scouring the FA market and the draft boards for a quality QB who can WIN games...not just "manage" them in the most craptacular offensive scheme ever....

Caine

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    I don't have high hopes for J.D. Booty.

The way people bitched & whined here about Culpepper's fumbling due to his small hands, you can expect more of the same if not more with Booty, whose hands are 1" to 1-1/2" smaller than Daunte's.

It's a disaster waiting to happen.
    Funny thinkg is Daunte
    Seems like he has been playing better than Gus the last couple of weeks. ;D

Disater is not the word I was looking for. That may be an understatement.

"Garland" wrote:
    Funny thinkg is Daunte
    Seems like he has been playing better than Gus the last couple of weeks. ;D

Disater is not the word I was looking for. That may be an understatement.
    A small glimmer of support for Pepp.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast