Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 142
  1. #101
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

    How could the situation be anything but a disaster?

    QB play kept us out of the playoffs in 2006, 2007 and will probably do it again this year. If we had no talent on the team that would be a different story but with a defense playing as strong as it is, even marginally better play would make a big difference in our won/loss record.

    The sheer number of "_________" sucks threads about every QB we have put on the field reinforces the fact that the team has screwed that position royally and the fact that it will be the number on reason why the coach stays or goes and the number one off season priority to solidify all point to the same thing.

  2. #102
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=49241.msg869951#msg869951 date=1227724637]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=49241.msg869946#msg869946 date=1227723857]
    Which would give him more of a reason to come here.
    If you are so sure the Vikings didn't make an effort to obtain Rosenfels or any other QB, prove it to me.
    You always give all your comments but never have crap to back it up except for maybe an outcome of what happened in 1 game or somthing to that extent.
    Whoa...

    Well, lets start with Sage Rosenfells... really? He went for Sage Rosenfells? Really?

    If he was going to be a starter, don't you think they would recognize that in Houston? I mean, he single handedly lost the Texans-Colts game... so that's one "Reason"...


    As for Childress going after other QBs, he must have given it a half-assed effort. But that's irrellevant, as it stands today, we have Gus Ferrotte at QB and he's playing awful. Will Childress allow Jackson to see the field again? Probably not... and I blame a lot of the whole situation on Childress' ego. Plain and simple. Even other coaches around the league have referred to Childress as an "Ego" guy...

    (Why? I have no idea... I didn't know people who resembled child molesters had ego's)

    Was Childress or his crack staff able to bring in a different QB? No... so yes, I will blame him for that, regardless of how hard he "Tried"... I always hate hearing people say they "Tried"... such a loser's quote.

    [size=18pt]
    THEN TRY HARDER[/size]
    Just because Sage isn't a starter in Houston doesn't mean he wouldn't be a starter here.
    Nice try on that one.
    By the way, how many times do you want to ask, really?
    Your answer is, Yes.
    He did make an effort to get him however he and the FO weren't willing to give up what Houton was asking for him.
    Yes he lost the Indy game by himself but how about the games he used his arm to comeback from deficits?
    Do you remember those games too?
    Again, use the outcome of one game to try and prove a point just like always.

    I do not disagree with the fact our QB situation sucks.
    You can blame Childress and in fact I give him some of the blame there as well.
    I never said I didn't.


    What you were replying to is that you said Childress or the Vikings made no effort to bring anyone in.
    My post stated they did try.
    Whether it was a half assed effort who know's?
    Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't.
    Prove it to me since you are so sure it was.


    What makes trying a loser quote?
    Are you so vein as to tell me everything that you have ever tried you accomplished?
    If you tell me yes, I will call you a liar.
    But since that is a loser quote what does that make you?
    The simple fact of the matter is Childress hasn't brought in anybody... even if he tried. So you're settling for the half-assed effort... which is fine, you're Americans... that's what we do.

    Just because Sage isn't a starter in Houston doesn't mean he wouldn't be a starter here.
    Nice try on that one.
    What makes you think he'd be any good here? You're going on pure speculation, then you want to say, "Nice Try on that one," to me?

    I've seen Rosenfells play... it was less than impressive. That's more than you're going on.
    I've seen him play too and I can tell you he is better than Gus is.
    You are correct in that I am going on pure speculation.
    What else is there to go on at this point?
    I don't have a crystal ball like many people here think they do.
    You are the one speculating whether or not he tried to get a QB in here.
    Marrdro and others have asked what your solution would be?
    What QBs are available that are proven and an instant upgrade.
    There is a lack of talent if you didn't notice.
    Better than Gus? Really?! By how much? Don't act like Sage is great.

    Gus:
    9 games
    1877 yards
    208.6 yards per game
    11 TDs
    12 INTs
    75 Rating
    58.3 Comp. %
    Best WR, Bernard Berrian

    Sage:
    5 games
    1231 yards
    246.2 per game
    5 TDs
    9 INTs
    79.1 rating
    68 Comp %
    Best WR, Andre Johnson
    [/quote]

    If we had someone that completed 68% of his passes and threw for 246 yards per game, yes I would say he's better than Frerrote.
    [/quote]

    That is only 5 games. You have no clue what would happen if he played 9. Also you have to look at teams played.

  3. #103
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I defy anyone to show me where Childress HASN'T tried to find a better QB. You may say the draft, but let's face it, the draft is a crap-shoot in anyone's book.
    We tried and tried to find a competent QB this past winter when were were on the verge of a deal with Sage. But the deal fell through. And who know how many other inquiries the team made. Chilly and the rest of the Vikings staff may not be the brightest bulbs in the box, but they knew going into this season that they didn't have what they wanted in a QB. Chiller's biggest mistake was hanging his hat on TJ for too long. Whether or not it was stupidity or just plain hard headedness, I guess we'll never know. But by the time he realized it was too late. But to say the Vikings never tried to find a QB in the offseason is a lie.
    This is correct Cojo.
    I really don't know where people get that from.
    Please........what about Jeff Garcia?
    : I got to hand it to Childress though, I think we wanted Favre. Too bad he fucked that up with the phone calls. Way to keep it on the hush, moron.
    What about Jeff Garcia.
    didn't he sign with the 1st team he visited?
    TB.
    Maybe the organization should have pushed harder and made him a believer in what we were doing. I am sure Garcia knew his options.

  4. #104
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Kevon's Keys To Winning ( Just to piss a few know it all offs)

    1. Get rid of TJ and Booty
    They aren't very good and Booty is a project.

    2. Trade for McNabb or Anderson. I would rather McNabb as Anderson is more mistake prone. Those that hate McNabb hate him for know reason. He is a top 5 QB in the league and has been for a very long time. Everyone seems happy to blame him for all of PHI's issues but no one mentiones that his only weapon is always hurt. Always! The 1 year his GM got him anything besides a decent WR he made it to the Superbowl. Hell his best WR last year was the Rams 3rd stringer. Get me McNabb he has proven to be one of the best QBs of this era and has done more with less. He is the type of QB that plays best when presured. He will force deffenses to back out of the box. The eagles lost is our gain.

    3. Don't fire Childress! Yes I am telling you not to fire him. He is an average coach. He is an asshole but, he looks like he may be turning a corner. Unless we are bringing in a Cohwer or an upper teir coach. Keep Chiller, which leads me to point 4.

    4. Higher a GM. Take the control out of the Triangle or Terror hands. Foley can spot defensive talent. He is not adept at guaging offensive talent. Only AD has worked out for us and he was supposed to be the # 1 pick in the draft.... Instead we have had Cook, TJ, Rice, and a bunch of other draft picks that have been wasted. A quality GM will be able to get the scouting department in order

    5. Sign Birk and Sharper back.
    Birk is still playing at a top 5 level and Sharper is feared throught the league. As much as everyone loves T.Johnson. I don't have a read on him to know if he is a stud or not. Too soon to put all your hopes in an unknown.

    6. Upgrade the CB position. Our home grown talent is not the answer. Bring in a quality, near shut down talent. It's rare but there are a couple that were avaialble. T. Law is one. He's lost a step but in the cover two he doesn't have to be the speed force he once was. Find a quality corner and we are in there.

    7. This should have been # 1. Fire our SP coach. He does not have this unit ready to play on Sundays. The mismatch at returner is laughable. Hicks doesn't have enough wiggle in the hips for me. He got most of those yards in Sanf Fran because the team was that bad and he was kicked to that often. Sign a legitimate threat to return kicks or Try DR. He was good enough to let the ball go out of bounds last week, which is more than hicks has ever done for us.

    8. Trade or Sign a Stud WR. Mcnabb needs a passing threat. BB is good but not great. Adding a Boldin or Johnson will only make BB that much better. Rice in the slot would give us a real passing game. We need a passing game to win a superbowl. Our offense should be an offense that is impossible to game plan for. Stop the run, the pass will kill you, stop the pass the run will kill you etc. I hate it when people say, we only need a Game manager at QB....We don't we need the best QB available. If he is the 2nd coming of Marino, so be it.

    9. Draft a top 5 QB. McNabb will give this stud 3 years to groom and then the ability to compete for a starting job. By then we would be ready for our 3rd Championship banner.
    Do these things and our Franchise will prosper. Ignore them and we will be the same old Vikings.
    +1 except you forgot we need an OT preferably in FA.
    So you think it was Childress' fault we didn't get Favre because of the phone call?
    Do I really need to reply to that Marstc?
    I will use this as an example of how people blame Childress for everything without knowing the entire situation.
    1st of all do you really believe the Packers were going to just cut Favre?
    That would have been the only way the Vikings would have obtained him.
    Call or no call (which Favre initiated, not Childress) the Vikings were not getting Favre.
    Was there ever proof that Favre initiated? Not being a jackass, I am really wondering.

  5. #105
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    How could the situation be anything but a disaster?

    QB play kept us out of the playoffs in 2006, 2007 and will probably do it again this year. If we had no talent on the team that would be a different story but with a defense playing as strong as it is, even marginally better play would make a big difference in our won/loss record.

    The sheer number of "_________" sucks threads about every QB we have put on the field reinforces the fact that the team has screwed that position royally and the fact that it will be the number on reason why the coach stays or goes and the number one off season priority to solidify all point to the same thing.
    BS.
    The number of threads about the quarterback sucks has nothing to do with it. Even those livin' in a cave with a
    friggen abacus knows the team screwed that position royally.
    And that wont be the number one reason the coach stays or goes.

    The coach and staff, (added that part for Marrdro), have assembled a team capable of competing in the upper tier of the NFL if they had a quarterback. Right or wrong?
    I say right.

    I also say that wasn't the case the first two years. The rest of the team is definately better this year after the last Bears game.

    What will determine whether Childress stays or goes happened after week 2 this season?

    If Childress said Tarvaris is a bust and we need to make a change, he was right and he will stay. I mean how else do you explain the team playing better with a washed up backup?

    But if Zygi said ' get TJ out of there he sucks; Childress is already done.

    My guess is we will see Childress coaching the Vikings with a new QB next year. And I expect it to be a team that other teams wont want to see on their schedule.

    Somehow I missed the post by my friend Kevoncox earlier, but it was a good one.

    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  6. #106
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=49241.msg869956#msg869956 date=1227725085]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=49241.msg869951#msg869951 date=1227724637]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=49241.msg869946#msg869946 date=1227723857]
    Which would give him more of a reason to come here.
    If you are so sure the Vikings didn't make an effort to obtain Rosenfels or any other QB, prove it to me.
    You always give all your comments but never have crap to back it up except for maybe an outcome of what happened in 1 game or somthing to that extent.
    Whoa...

    Well, lets start with Sage Rosenfells... really? He went for Sage Rosenfells? Really?

    If he was going to be a starter, don't you think they would recognize that in Houston? I mean, he single handedly lost the Texans-Colts game... so that's one "Reason"...


    As for Childress going after other QBs, he must have given it a half-assed effort. But that's irrellevant, as it stands today, we have Gus Ferrotte at QB and he's playing awful. Will Childress allow Jackson to see the field again? Probably not... and I blame a lot of the whole situation on Childress' ego. Plain and simple. Even other coaches around the league have referred to Childress as an "Ego" guy...

    (Why? I have no idea... I didn't know people who resembled child molesters had ego's)

    Was Childress or his crack staff able to bring in a different QB? No... so yes, I will blame him for that, regardless of how hard he "Tried"... I always hate hearing people say they "Tried"... such a loser's quote.

    [size=18pt]
    THEN TRY HARDER[/size]
    Just because Sage isn't a starter in Houston doesn't mean he wouldn't be a starter here.
    Nice try on that one.
    By the way, how many times do you want to ask, really?
    Your answer is, Yes.
    He did make an effort to get him however he and the FO weren't willing to give up what Houton was asking for him.
    Yes he lost the Indy game by himself but how about the games he used his arm to comeback from deficits?
    Do you remember those games too?
    Again, use the outcome of one game to try and prove a point just like always.

    I do not disagree with the fact our QB situation sucks.
    You can blame Childress and in fact I give him some of the blame there as well.
    I never said I didn't.


    What you were replying to is that you said Childress or the Vikings made no effort to bring anyone in.
    My post stated they did try.
    Whether it was a half assed effort who know's?
    Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't.
    Prove it to me since you are so sure it was.


    What makes trying a loser quote?
    Are you so vein as to tell me everything that you have ever tried you accomplished?
    If you tell me yes, I will call you a liar.
    But since that is a loser quote what does that make you?
    The simple fact of the matter is Childress hasn't brought in anybody... even if he tried. So you're settling for the half-assed effort... which is fine, you're Americans... that's what we do.

    Just because Sage isn't a starter in Houston doesn't mean he wouldn't be a starter here.
    Nice try on that one.
    What makes you think he'd be any good here? You're going on pure speculation, then you want to say, "Nice Try on that one," to me?

    I've seen Rosenfells play... it was less than impressive. That's more than you're going on.
    I've seen him play too and I can tell you he is better than Gus is.
    You are correct in that I am going on pure speculation.
    What else is there to go on at this point?
    I don't have a crystal ball like many people here think they do.
    You are the one speculating whether or not he tried to get a QB in here.
    Marrdro and others have asked what your solution would be?
    What QBs are available that are proven and an instant upgrade.
    There is a lack of talent if you didn't notice.
    Better than Gus? Really?! By how much? Don't act like Sage is great.

    Gus:
    9 games
    1877 yards
    208.6 yards per game
    11 TDs
    12 INTs
    75 Rating
    58.3 Comp. %
    Best WR, Bernard Berrian

    Sage:
    5 games
    1231 yards
    246.2 per game
    5 TDs
    9 INTs
    79.1 rating
    68 Comp %
    Best WR, Andre Johnson
    [/quote]

    If we had someone that completed 68% of his passes and threw for 246 yards per game, yes I would say he's better than Frerrote.
    [/quote]

    That is only 5 games. You have no clue what would happen if he played 9. Also you have to look at teams played.
    [/quote]

    Find me a 5 game span where Gus threw for 246 yards per game and competed 68% of his passes.
    In 15 years I bet you will not find it.
    You are correct in that I would not know because I don't have a crystal ball like some people think they do.
    Face the fact that if we had a QB that threw for 246 YPG and had a 68% completion rate this team would most likely have a better record right now.
    You and others are saying how QB is the main problem which I agree with as well.
    Therefore more consistency in that position and the vikings have a better record.

  7. #107
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

    "V" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    I don't think anyone questions CMac's view on hte QB situation.
    We are all upset about it.
    That doesn't mean Childress should take the fall for other things that happen.
    You stated, "all the other bad signings".
    What about his good signings?
    The good comes with the bad.
    Do you honestly thinkk every team makes good signings only?
    What about bringing in players like Hutch, C. Taylor, Shiancoe is starting to be a good TE, M. Williams, Jared Allen.
    I would say that the team has made more good signings than bad signings.
    Sure you have those Philly rejects and I know that.
    You have the QB situation and I know that too.
    But look at the entire picture and the Vikings are slated to be a good team.
    If they weren't then no one here would be as disappointed as they are.
    Just remember this.
    They are 6-5 in the thick of the playoffs and they have one of the toughest NFL schedules this year.
    Could they be better?
    Absolutely but you cannot blame Childress for everything.
    If you are 100% agreeing with CMac then you blame everything on him.
    No, he said he fully agreed with me "Here"... meaning on the point of our current QB situation.

    I think the signings you mentioned above (S, CB, OL... etc) are all great, but QB is arguably the most important position on the field and touches the ball on every play.

    Like I said, which is what V agreed with, is that our CURRENT QB situation is completely Childress' fault, which has been well documented in the media. He was constantly talking-up Jackson in the preseason... to only yank him after the second game (and without either starting WR... I know I've said it a lot, but it's fact). Now our team is in the hands of Gus Ferrotte...

    I repeat... Gus Ferrotte.

    Pretty tough to argue that.
    Thank you C for making such an easy distinction here. Nowhere in C Mac's original post does he say Chilly is to blame for everything. Nowhere do I say that Childress has not done anything right.
    V go back to all of these threads.
    Please show me one thread where CMac doesn't blame Childress for something that is out of his control.
    Just becasue he didn't say it in this thread doesn't mean he hasn't blamed him for everything that has gone wrong.
    Sure, you are probably right, but he has not done that in THIS thread. This thread is on the topic of how Childress has handled the QB situation, and when it comes to that topic, I fully agree with him.

    If you want to continously call him out for being anit-Childress no matter what the thread or topic, go for it. I would hope you would be able to distinguish one issue from another, and talk about them seperately.

    I hardly ever agree with C, but when it comes to this topic, I certainly do.
    I agree with CMac with the QB situation.
    I never said I didn't.
    I have mentioned it a million times already.
    The fact is time after time in just about every thread CMac has found a way to blame Childress for anything.
    That is the bottom line.
    You want to defend him go ahead.
    I defned him with the current QB situation.
    But again, my point is it is not only Childress fault.
    Yes, he shoulders much of the blame for the QB situation.
    I am not arguing that fact.

  8. #108
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I defy anyone to show me where Childress HASN'T tried to find a better QB. You may say the draft, but let's face it, the draft is a crap-shoot in anyone's book.
    We tried and tried to find a competent QB this past winter when were were on the verge of a deal with Sage. But the deal fell through. And who know how many other inquiries the team made. Chilly and the rest of the Vikings staff may not be the brightest bulbs in the box, but they knew going into this season that they didn't have what they wanted in a QB. Chiller's biggest mistake was hanging his hat on TJ for too long. Whether or not it was stupidity or just plain hard headedness, I guess we'll never know. But by the time he realized it was too late. But to say the Vikings never tried to find a QB in the offseason is a lie.
    This is correct Cojo.
    I really don't know where people get that from.
    Please........what about Jeff Garcia?
    : I got to hand it to Childress though, I think we wanted Favre. Too bad he fucked that up with the phone calls. Way to keep it on the hush, moron.
    What about Jeff Garcia.
    didn't he sign with the 1st team he visited?
    TB.
    Maybe the organization should have pushed harder and made him a believer in what we were doing. I am sure Garcia knew his options.
    Possibly but they may not of had the chance.
    This is where I don't agree with blaming the staff.
    We don't know the entire story.
    Maybe they did invite him to come in or maybe they didn't.
    We don't know.
    If they don't have the chance becasue Garcia signed very quickly with TB then you cannot blame Childress or the organization.

  9. #109
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Kevon's Keys To Winning ( Just to piss a few know it all offs)

    1. Get rid of TJ and Booty
    They aren't very good and Booty is a project.

    2. Trade for McNabb or Anderson. I would rather McNabb as Anderson is more mistake prone. Those that hate McNabb hate him for know reason. He is a top 5 QB in the league and has been for a very long time. Everyone seems happy to blame him for all of PHI's issues but no one mentiones that his only weapon is always hurt. Always! The 1 year his GM got him anything besides a decent WR he made it to the Superbowl. Hell his best WR last year was the Rams 3rd stringer. Get me McNabb he has proven to be one of the best QBs of this era and has done more with less. He is the type of QB that plays best when presured. He will force deffenses to back out of the box. The eagles lost is our gain.

    3. Don't fire Childress! Yes I am telling you not to fire him. He is an average coach. He is an asshole but, he looks like he may be turning a corner. Unless we are bringing in a Cohwer or an upper teir coach. Keep Chiller, which leads me to point 4.

    4. Higher a GM. Take the control out of the Triangle or Terror hands. Foley can spot defensive talent. He is not adept at guaging offensive talent. Only AD has worked out for us and he was supposed to be the # 1 pick in the draft.... Instead we have had Cook, TJ, Rice, and a bunch of other draft picks that have been wasted. A quality GM will be able to get the scouting department in order

    5. Sign Birk and Sharper back.
    Birk is still playing at a top 5 level and Sharper is feared throught the league. As much as everyone loves T.Johnson. I don't have a read on him to know if he is a stud or not. Too soon to put all your hopes in an unknown.

    6. Upgrade the CB position. Our home grown talent is not the answer. Bring in a quality, near shut down talent. It's rare but there are a couple that were avaialble. T. Law is one. He's lost a step but in the cover two he doesn't have to be the speed force he once was. Find a quality corner and we are in there.

    7. This should have been # 1. Fire our SP coach. He does not have this unit ready to play on Sundays. The mismatch at returner is laughable. Hicks doesn't have enough wiggle in the hips for me. He got most of those yards in Sanf Fran because the team was that bad and he was kicked to that often. Sign a legitimate threat to return kicks or Try DR. He was good enough to let the ball go out of bounds last week, which is more than hicks has ever done for us.

    8. Trade or Sign a Stud WR. Mcnabb needs a passing threat. BB is good but not great. Adding a Boldin or Johnson will only make BB that much better. Rice in the slot would give us a real passing game. We need a passing game to win a superbowl. Our offense should be an offense that is impossible to game plan for. Stop the run, the pass will kill you, stop the pass the run will kill you etc. I hate it when people say, we only need a Game manager at QB....We don't we need the best QB available. If he is the 2nd coming of Marino, so be it.

    9. Draft a top 5 QB. McNabb will give this stud 3 years to groom and then the ability to compete for a starting job. By then we would be ready for our 3rd Championship banner.
    Do these things and our Franchise will prosper. Ignore them and we will be the same old Vikings.
    +1 except you forgot we need an OT preferably in FA.
    So you think it was Childress' fault we didn't get Favre because of the phone call?
    Do I really need to reply to that Marstc?
    I will use this as an example of how people blame Childress for everything without knowing the entire situation.
    1st of all do you really believe the Packers were going to just cut Favre?
    That would have been the only way the Vikings would have obtained him.
    Call or no call (which Favre initiated, not Childress) the Vikings were not getting Favre.
    Was there ever proof that Favre initiated? Not being a jackass, I am really wondering.
    I'm pretty sure that the investigation showed the call came from Favre.
    I'd have to look back at the articles to know for sure.
    Favre's agent publically stated he wanted to go to the Vikings.
    Unfortunately that jackass Thompson held the cards.
    If Favre was willing to hold out till the 53 man roster cuts then he most likely would have been a Viking.
    Favre wanted to get somewhere to learn the offense therefore he picked a team GB was willing to trade him.
    I for one wish he was a Viking.

  10. #110
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: The Vikings QB situation: Is disaster the word?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=COJOMAY link=topic=49241.msg869933#msg869933 date=1227721307]
    I defy anyone to show me where Childress HASN'T tried to find a better QB. You may say the draft, but let's face it, the draft is a crap-shoot in anyone's book.
    We tried and tried to find a competent QB this past winter when were were on the verge of a deal with Sage. But the deal fell through. And who know how many other inquiries the team made. Chilly and the rest of the Vikings staff may not be the brightest bulbs in the box, but they knew going into this season that they didn't have what they wanted in a QB. Chiller's biggest mistake was hanging his hat on TJ for too long. Whether or not it was stupidity or just plain hard headedness, I guess we'll never know. But by the time he realized it was too late. But to say the Vikings never tried to find a QB in the offseason is a lie.
    This is correct Cojo.
    I really don't know where people get that from.
    Please........what about Jeff Garcia?
    : I got to hand it to Childress though, I think we wanted Favre. Too bad he fucked that up with the phone calls. Way to keep it on the hush, moron.
    What about Jeff Garcia.
    didn't he sign with the 1st team he visited?
    TB.
    Maybe the organization should have pushed harder and made him a believer in what we were doing. I am sure Garcia knew his options.
    Possibly but they may not of had the chance.
    This is where I don't agree with blaming the staff.
    We don't know the entire story.
    Maybe they did invite him to come in or maybe they didn't.
    We don't know.
    If they don't have the chance becasue Garcia signed very quickly with TB then you cannot blame Childress or the organization.
    [/quote]

    Just food for thought;

    Garcia was 4-12 in his first 16 starts.

    A shitload of Vikings fans here would have called him a bust & would have been calling for him to be benched or ousted from the league after his 1st two games in his 2nd year. (He lost the first 3)

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 04:58 AM
  2. Disaster Communications
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 07:16 PM
  3. B & C Viking Disaster Fund
    By snowinapril in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 06:13 PM
  4. vikes vs cowboys= good or disaster
    By ohioviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 08:29 AM
  5. vikes vs cowboys= good or disaster
    By ohioviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 06:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •