Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings' QB situation of 2009

"C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    haha I love how they pick apart 3 of T-Jack's plays from over the season and then show this short highlight reel of Sage like he was lights out.
    :

My prediction: T-Jack wins the job... but we'll see who deserves it.
    You mean they didn't show the Rosencopter play & his other fumbles that game?

How about even 1 of the 21 INT's that he threw in his last 15 games?
    Don't you know about all the possibilities Sage brings our offense? I mean, people talk about it all over this site!!!

Oh... right... neither do I.
    1) He has a better play action. I love his meshing point better than tj's
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80c5fdad/Kevin-Walter-Highlight-WK-10-vs-Ravens-2008

2) He runs thebootleg as good as TJ.
    This is one of TJ's strenghts that he nullifies.

3) Reads the field. See the video above.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    haha I love how they pick apart 3 of T-Jack's plays from over the season and then show this short highlight reel of Sage like he was lights out.
    :

Don't you know about all the possibilities Sage brings our offense? I mean, people talk about it all over this site!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80c5fdad/Kevin-Walter-Highlight-WK-10-vs-Ravens-2008

Reads the field? Is that why he has 21 picks in 15 games? Gotcha.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    :

The only explanation I have......and in no way am I defending Sage.....is that he was trying to force things. IMO he is a gunslinger just like Favre. He might be able to settle down if he wins the job. Don't be surprised Favre haters if we have a poor mans Favre on the field next year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Tad7 link=topic=51793.msg945976#msg945976 date=1241787056]
    :

The only explanation I have......and in no way am I defending Sage.....is that he was trying to force things. IMO he is a gunslinger just like Favre. He might be able to settle down if he wins the job. Don't be surprised Favre haters if we have a poor mans Favre on the field next year.
    [/quote]

He's been a gunslinger & forces the ball way to often, I doubt he'll settle down after 8 years of doing it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    :

[/quote]

I have another explanation. He has a weak arm, and he can't make all throws that a guy like TJ can. This means he is able to use his superior ability to read the field and find the open man, but he doesn't have the arm to always get the ball to that open man, resulting in INTs.

He can read the field. He's not a gunslinger. Still, he'll need a lot of weapons around him to be a good QB. Hopefully we have those weapons.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=51793.msg945990#msg945990 date=1241787885]
    :

[/quote]

I have another explanation. He has a weak arm, and he can't make all throws that a guy like TJ can. This means he is able to use his superior ability to read the field and find the open man, but he doesn't have the arm to always get the ball to that open man, resulting in INTs.

He can read the field. He's not a gunslinger. Still, he'll need a lot of weapons around him to be a good QB. Hopefully we have those weapons.
    [/quote]

Add this to the fact that his Defenses have pretty much stunk.
    I don't care how many picks he throws if we win.
    Over the last two years, he has won every game in which his defense kept the other team below 20 points.
    Over that same period his losses came in games where his opponents scored: 33, 41, 28, 31, 37, 38, 35, 28, and 38 points. Our defense should not be giving up those kinds of points.

I have confidence in both TJ and Sage.
    May the best man win.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=51793.msg945998#msg945998 date=1241789149]
    :

[/quote]

[/quote]

Over the last two years, he has won every game in which his defense kept the other team below 20 points.
    Over that same period his losses came in games where his opponents scored: 33, 41, 28, 31, 37, 38, 35, 28, and 38 points. Our defense should not be giving up those kinds of points.

May the best man win.
    [/quote]

Ever consider that the INT's had something to do with the opponents scoring over 20pts?

That said, personally I don't care who is the QB, as long as they are the best option.

What I would like from TJ is consistency not just from game to game but during a game.
    Being great in the 4th quarter doesn't make up for being cold in the first quarter, falling behind, and forcing the Vikes to give up their game plan.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

People is forgetting the most important thing
    about our Qbs this season,the question is:

Will Sage do the Rosencoptero again this season?

El underdog.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"El" wrote:
    People is forgetting the most important thing
    about our Qbs this season,the question is:

Will Sage do the Rosencoptero again this season?

As important as that may be hopefully they will find someone that can lead the team.
    ;D

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"gagarr" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=51793.msg946031#msg946031 date=1241792004]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=51793.msg945998#msg945998 date=1241789149]
    :

[/quote]

[/quote]

May the best man win.
    [/quote]

Ever consider that the INT's had something to do with the opponents scoring over 20pts?

That said, personally I don't care who is the QB, as long as they are the best option.

What I would like from TJ is consistency not just from game to game but during a game.
    Being great in the 4th quarter doesn't make up for being cold in the first quarter, falling behind, and forcing the Vikes to give up their game plan.
    [/quote]
    Sure, but one could also argue that QBs tend to have more turnovers when playing from behind and asked to throw to catch up.
    We went 8-3 with Gus tossing 15 Ints in 10 1/2 games.
    That tells me our D can overcome turnovers.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast