Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings: Which QB? It's a toss-up

"cogitans" wrote:
    Adam Shefters take:

Vikings coach Brad Childress went to bed Sunday night wondering the same thoughts so many coaches have had this season, and the one baseball managers face in late innings.

Who gets the ball?

If Brooks Bollinger were healthy, he probably would. But Bollinger sprained the AC joint in his left shoulder and it's thought that he will not be ready for Sunday's game at Detroit. This leaves Childress choosing between the turnover-prone veteran Brad Johnson or the inexperienced rookie second-round pick Tarvaris Jackson.

The Vikings may soon turn to Tarvaris Jackson out of necessity.
    The Vikings may soon turn to Tarvaris Jackson out of necessity.

Were Minnesota not alive in the wild-card race -- and no matter how unlikely it seems, it still is -- then Jackson would be the easy choice. But because the Vikings still are chasing a postseason spot, then the thinking around the league is that Childress will go back to Johnson, especially at a time when Jackson has admitted that he's not ready to start a game.
    I always enjoy what Shefter has to say about a situation. He usually brings a pretty level-headed opinion and always has reliable information. Heck, I think he's right more times than Mortensen is.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think Shefter hit the nail on the head.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Just put T-Jack in already childress!You know it is the right choice!Plus he gets to ease into the nfl against the 25 ranked pass defens eif he starts againt the lions this week

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

I saw Shefter too. I figured it would be Johnson when Bollinger got hurt. With Jackson saying he is not ready , it's the best call right now. Johnson will do better indoors against the Lions than he did against the bears(I hope).

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I would say put TJ in, i mean BJ really costed us the game
    i am a Johnson lover but i'm pretty done with him i mean come on ! he is to inconstistant except when he needs to throw a pick.
    TJ will make it work, i think he is ready to step up and he will make us proud to be a vikings fan
    Not disrespectly to the vikes but what they shown last week it isn't something to be proud of
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    Not disrespectly to the vikes but what they shown last week it isn't something to be proud of
    It was the worst offensive performance I have ever seen, no need to sugar coat it.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Gift" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    It was the worst offensive performance I have ever seen, no need to sugar coat it.
    Would you have your whining gears in place if the Vikings lost the game 32-37?
    The defense played a great game.
    The O and special teams sucked it up.
    I've seen more crybabies this year when we've lost games by a couple of points due to no offensive production than I have in years when the Vikings O lit it up and the D was pathetic and lost games.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

However, TJack even said that he's not ready to start a game. That has to have some cause for concern.

"Gift" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    Worst offensive performance you've ever seen? You must be a relatively new fan.

I know you're a BJ hater, but don't let that cloud your judgment of the facts. Our offense ran for 192 yards in the wind and frigid temperature and minus a Caitrick Fason safety and a special teams bungled punt return for a TD, we still could have won the game.
    Even babies know the difference.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    Worst offensive performance you've ever seen? You must be a relatively new fan.

I know you're a BJ hater, but don't let that cloud your judgment of the facts. Our offense ran for 192 yards in the wind and frigid temperature and minus a Caitrick Fason safety and a special teams bungled punt return for a TD, we still could have won the game.
    I'm glad someone said something.
    The performance was pathetic, but it was still a winnable game.
    I enjoyed the game a helluva lot more than the Jints 41-0 debacle...I could name a bunch of games that were exponentially worse.
    Panicking leads to death.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast