Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings: Which QB? It's a toss-up

[size=13pt]Vikings: Which QB? It's a toss-up[/size]

The silence of coach Brad Childress on his choice to lead the offense might signal a change.

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: December 04, 2006 – 11:40 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Gift is offline Coordinator

Re: Vikings: Which QB? It's a toss-up

anyone but brad please.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Jackson reiterated that he has taken almost no practice snaps during the regular season, focusing almost exclusively on scout team work, and said he does not feel "as prepared as I'd like" to take over the job.

Wow.
    I at least would have thought he was taking snaps at practice by now.
    After hearing this, I would be very surprised if Brad was not starting.
    I would prefer Brooks right now, but I don't think he will be able to play.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

Just heard through the grapevine that Childress will start Brad this week.

On a side note, the Vikings recievers will wear Silver and Honalulu Blue uniforms to increase their chances of having the ball thrown to them.
    ;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Just heard through the grapevine that Childress will start Brad this week.

On a side note, the Vikings recievers will wear Silver and Honalulu Blue uniforms to increase their chances of having the ball thrown to them.
    ;D
    LOL.

Actually this wouldn't be the first time both the Vikes and Lions worn basically the same uniform during a game.

"wikipedia" wrote:
    During the 1964 season, the Vikings along with several other NFL teams wore their white jerseys for home games to allow their fans to see what the other teams primary jerseys looked like. The Lions played at Met Stadium on October 11. The Lions only brought their white jerseys. The Vikings had also brought their white jerseys to the stadium. The team practiced at Midway Stadium in St. Paul and that is where they stored their equipment. Both teams started the game in their white jerseys. By the second quarter the Vikings had been able to get their purple jerseys to Met Stadium. The team changed jerseys on the sidelines and finished the game in purple jerseys and purple pants.
    Also the only time we ever wore purple on purple...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Jackson reiterated that he has taken almost no practice snaps during the regular season, focusing almost exclusively on scout team work, and said he does not feel "as prepared as I'd like" to take over the job.

Wow.
    I at least would have thought he was taking snaps at practice by now.
    After hearing this, I would be very surprised if Brad was not starting.
    I would prefer Brooks right now, but I don't think he will be able to play.
    I heard the same thing yesterday which really makes me believe that Brad is still our starter. I too would like to see Brooks out there, but I believe that is very doubtful due to his injury.

Also, this quote: Jackson said he believes Johnson should retain the job. "I think we're staying with Brad," Jackson said. "We still have a chance to make the playoffs, so we're still trying to do that. So it's obvious that Brad is still our quarterback so we can stay on that [path]." tends to make me think BJ will be our starting QB.

Additionally, in the event of another game with more INT's, an anemic offensive performance or simply a loss, this could possibly also be the turning point where we'll see Tarvaris (and/or Brooks if he is OK to play) from here on out. But, due to the quotes from Childress and Tarvaris since Sunday's loss (and the Bollinger injury), the bottom line is that I think BJ will be our starter once more since we are still "in the playoff hunt". Anything else would completely surprise me.
    Even babies know the difference.

Rookie QB gets some backing

Two Vikings players say Jackson deserves a start

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/16165161.htm

What strikes me when reading this article more than anything else is that these two players, "who spoke on the condition of anonymity" are really only creating more talk of a rift on the team. Where is the team play? They should keep their mouths shut and keep it in house. Go to the coach and let it end there. If true (which I can only believe it is), this type of anonymous public complaining only hurts the team more in the end IMO. You don't hear about players supplanting figures of authority on championship level teams. And if you do, they are usually gone not too long afterwards.
    Even babies know the difference.

SIUviking is offline Starter

I wouldn't mind Leftwitch. I know he gets hurt a lot but if we shore up our line he has a cannon for an arm and is very tough.
    "If you want me to go out there and get you 4 yards, I ll get you 4 yards. If you want me to go out there and get 6 yards, I ll go out there and get you 4 yards" -LeRoy Hoard Former Viking

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The Redsticks went with a no QB set last night and hiked it directly to Westbrook.
    Screw the QB, go with no QB from here on out.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Time for the TJ Era to begin!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast