Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with

    Kevin Rogers sees big things ahead in 2008 for Tarvaris Jackson, but he also likes the young quarterbacks the Vikings picked up over the past week.

    By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

    Last update: May 4, 2008 - 12:16 AM

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18550839.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with

    Good read.

    This is going to be a great season for Vikings fans.
    I cannot remember a time that I've been more excited for a season to start.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  3. #3
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with

    Time will tell at Qb, Time will tell

  4. #4
    nailhead77 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    281

    Re: Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with

    nice article, but what else was he suppose to say about hi own qbs?
    with tjack making the neccesary sacrifices to better himself we should see great improvement right away..... we'll see.
    IMO we better keep gus from head butting anything cause we're gonna need him.
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

    Floop the bears!

  5. #5
    capt.hrod is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    152

    Re: Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with

    I think alot of Jackson's trouble last year was in the Rec.department, who is the receivers coach? What about trying to get Chris Carter to come in and coach? Look what he tought Moss as a mentor.


    NOW IS THE TIME TO BRING HOME THE RING !!!

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with

    Hopefully he is teaching him what to do when you have no LT and the RT misses his block

  7. #7
    nailhead77 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    281

    Re: Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Hopefully he is teaching him what to do when you have no LT and the RT misses his block

    instinct......id like to see him less hesitant to tuck the ball and go wen things break down.
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

    Floop the bears!

  8. #8
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with

    "capt.hrod" wrote:
    I think alot of Jackson's trouble last year was in the Rec.department, who is the receivers coach? What about trying to get Chris Carter to come in and coach? Look what he tought Moss as a mentor.
    You could say Cris Carter mentored Moss, and I'm sure he did teach him a lot of the finer points of the game, but Randy Moss is also the most talented receiver ever to lace them up. If you take the strongest points of each of our receivers, he did those things better, faster than berrian, taller and a better jumper than Rice, better hands than all of them, etc.

    He came into the league as a Ferrari and Carter just made him race ready. There's only so much you can teach a guy like that. They were totally different types of players.
    So I really don't know how much Carter did for him.

    He has no coaching experience, has his broadcasting jobs, and hasn't expressed any interest in coaching.

  9. #9
    nailhead77 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    281

    Re: Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with

    "Mr" wrote:
    "capt.hrod" wrote:
    I think alot of Jackson's trouble last year was in the Rec.department, who is the receivers coach? What about trying to get Chris Carter to come in and coach? Look what he tought Moss as a mentor.
    You could say Cris Carter mentored Moss, and I'm sure he did teach him a lot of the finer points of the game, but Randy Moss is also the most talented receiver ever to lace them up. If you take the strongest points of each of our receivers, he did those things better, faster than berrian, taller and a better jumper than Rice, better hands than all of them, etc.

    He came into the league as a Ferrari and Carter just made him race ready. There's only so much you can teach a guy like that. They were totally different types of players.
    So I really don't know how much Carter did for him.

    He has no coaching experience, has his broadcasting jobs, and hasn't expressed any interest in coaching.

    he has some experience.....lots of receivers have went through his camps.
    not the same as coaching but he knows how to teach.
    the problem is he sometimes wears on people, even moss got a little tired of him.
    i still think he would be a great addition to the staff, the receivers would have to be a little thick skinned but he would help with footwork, field vision, route running, coverage recognition.....all things these guys need help with.
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

    Floop the bears!

  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with

    "Mr" wrote:
    "capt.hrod" wrote:
    I think alot of Jackson's trouble last year was in the Rec.department, who is the receivers coach? What about trying to get Chris Carter to come in and coach? Look what he tought Moss as a mentor.
    You could say Cris Carter mentored Moss, and I'm sure he did teach him a lot of the finer points of the game, but Randy Moss is also the most talented receiver ever to lace them up. If you take the strongest points of each of our receivers, he did those things better, faster than berrian, taller and a better jumper than Rice, better hands than all of them, etc.

    He came into the league as a Ferrari and Carter just made him race ready. There's only so much you can teach a guy like that. They were totally different types of players.
    So I really don't know how much Carter did for him.

    He has no coaching experience, has his broadcasting jobs, and hasn't expressed any interest in coaching.
    Carter's the one who taught Moss to look at the megatron as he was running down the field so he'd know exactly where the ball was without looking behind him.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings find plenty to work on
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 02:58 PM
  2. Plenty of Punters Are Looking for Work
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
  3. Frazier has plenty to work with
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 01:59 PM
  4. Vikings hire Va Tech's Rogers as Quarterbacks Coach
    By Jordan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 10:10 PM
  5. Clarett.... Plenty of work for him.
    By smootpepper in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 03:23 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •