Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings putting fear into opponents' passing attacks - Line is difficult to bust

Thanks for the reads my freinds.

I wonder if the difference between home and road sacks have something to do with the noise our fans make (even if they are boo'ing) when opposing offenses have the ball vice how quiet fans are in thier own stadiums for thier offenses.

Me thinks the difference allows the QB and C to make correct adjustments to what the D is showing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings putting fear into opponents' passing attacks - Line is difficult to bust

Right now with Allen hurting the fearsome QB sacking defense is like a wounded bull. Still dangerous, but not as fast on the attack. Watching Allen in the Jacksonville game I saw him using his hands and arms very little. Just trying to bull rush with his body alone. Personally, I would have rested him as much as possible after we had a comfortable lead, but that would have just caused an outcry of how bad a coach Chilly is.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

They are going to be on there game against Chicago this week.
    Best defensive line in the league when they arent destroyed by a very mobile old QB.
    I really loved when Robison was coming in because the guy was absolutely dominating the right tackle last game.
    He didn't record a sack(I don't think) but he was putting a lot of heat on the QB and had a couple penalties go against the tackle.

"Yfz01" wrote:
    They are going to be on there game against Chicago this week.
    Best defensive line in the league when they arent destroyed by a very mobile old QB.
    I really loved when Robison was coming in because the guy was absolutely dominating the right tackle last game.
    He didn't record a sack(I don't think) but he was putting a lot of heat on the QB and had a couple penalties go against the tackle.
    Well, as long as this doesn't appear to be a endorsement for Leslie, the rotation of Ray and Rob was really the factor at the LDE spot.

Seems that both of them (rotated enough not to get wore down) caused that RT fits all game.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the reads my freinds.

I wonder if the difference between home and road sacks have something to do with the noise our fans make (even if they are boo'ing) when opposing offenses have the ball vice how quiet fans are in thier own stadiums for thier offenses.

Me thinks the difference allows the QB and C to make correct adjustments to what the D is showing.
    I think the home crowd is the big difference. I can tell ya the feeling of accomplishment when all the yelling, screaming, and pounding on the fence paysoff with a sack, false start, delay of game, or a timeout. I bet all of those happen significantly more at home(for the vikings and most teams hence the reason teams usually win more at home). I really feel like I'm helping the team on the field, seems silly but this article justifies those feelings of accomplishment.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Right now with Allen hurting the fearsome QB sacking defense is like a wounded bull. Still dangerous, but not as fast on the attack. Watching Allen in the Jacksonville game I saw him using his hands and arms very little. Just trying to bull rush with his body alone. Personally, I would have rested him as much as possible after we had a comfortable lead, but that would have just caused an outcry of how bad a coach Chilly is.

True on every part there man

Expecially the Chily part

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

When we made the trade for Jared, my dad made the statement, "the defence will be as fun to watch as the offence!!"

In some ways i think he is very correct. I have been watching the D line really come into its own over the last 5 games, and have seen that with the preasure they are producing it is really having an effect on the rest of the D.

the ability for us to spell the starters is something that is really giving us the chance to keep fresh bodies on the field, and this is something that I see as a unique situation here in Minny! our backups are pushing their value up and up, our starters are proving the hype that was generated before the season began.

concerns..

1. late hits.. i know that it's one of the things the league seems to want to crack down on.. and it's not like we have some anti-physics ability to stop a 250-300 lb guy on a dime.. and with these guys going full boar.. it's something that i see us committing a few times more and more

2. suspensions..
    this makes me cringe.. what would happen if we loose 3/4th of our D line?

3. i can understand that there are holes in our D.. be it more in the passing game then the run.. and we are slowly moving toward closing those wholes.. but.. can we do it this season?
    and if not.. how many seasons will we have this front 4 domination?

just a quick few thoughts..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Storm and conquer: Allen, Vikings putting fear into opponents' passing attacks

"NordicNed" wrote:
    Great Read Singer, thanks for the post...

And personaly, I've wanted to see more of Sapp, all season, I think he might be a pleasent suprise to the D....
    I know you have always liked Sapp. He does look good out there & was all over the field during preseason. He's definitely looking good out there & can see he has a future with the organization.

One of the better draft signings IMO.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Storm and conquer: Allen, Vikings putting fear into opponents' passing attacks

"singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Great Read Singer, thanks for the post...

And personaly, I've wanted to see more of Sapp, all season, I think he might be a pleasent suprise to the D....
    I know you have always liked Sapp. He does look good out there & was all over the field during preseason. He's definitely looking good out there & can see he has a future with the organization.

One of the better draft signings IMO.
    I wish he was a bit bigger but he has looked good of late.
    Wonder were he has been all year?
    :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12