Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings push for playoff berth

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

The Vikings can return to the playoffs in 2013 if quarterback Christian Ponder proves most of the world wrong and sustains the consistency he displayed during a must-win month to end the 2012 regular season.
    The writer better revisit Ponder's stats for those games & change his "month" to "last week or two" .

I sure hope Ponder doesn't consistently pass for 131 yards & less with 0 passing TD's.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The writer better revisit Ponder's stats for those games & change his "month" to "last week or two" .

I sure hope Ponder doesn't consistently pass for 131 yards & less with 0 passing TD's.
    Why, because we lost 2 of the 5 (that means we won 3 of the 5) that he did?

I can see you haven't given the whole distance thing a rest. Still spewing forth that we can't win unless he throws for over 300 chant. By the way, he threw for 352 yards against the Deadskins and we lost.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

I can see you haven't given the whole distance thing a rest. Still spewing forth that we can't win unless he throws for over 300 chant. By the way, he threw for 352 yards against the Deadskins and we lost.
    I think it's time to start calling him noodle Jr.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I think it's time to start calling him noodle Jr.
    Haaaahaaaaaa.....You see my post on the QB's were I put their stats up in 5 columns? Ponder has the best rating of all 5 on the deep ball at 66%

Drives Steve nuts when I use that stat.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Haaaahaaaaaa.....You see my post on the QB's were I put their stats up in 5 columns? Ponder has the best rating of all 5 on the deep ball at 66%

My deep ball percentage is 100%. I must be the best deep ball QB ever. EVAR! Or I've only thrown one pass over 25 yards in any of the football games I've played in and the WR (actually the TE) happened to catch it... I will leave it to you to decide which one it is...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Ponder last season was the only quarterback without a touchdown pass of 21-plus yards (minimum 10 throws), per NFL research. Over two seasons, he's 11 for 70 (15.7 percent) on attempts of 21-plus yards through the air. That's netted 436 yards, one touchdown, five interceptions and a 28.0 passer rating. Last season alone, Ponder was 5 of 34 on those longer throws, for a completion percentage of 14.7.

It gets worse: ProFootballFocus ranked Ponder last in accuracy among 33 NFL quarterbacks on passes of 20-plus yards. His receivers were a ragtag group after Percy Harvin was injured in early November, but Ponder's slew of incompletions included just one drop, per the website."

Christian Ponder's deep ball troubles with the Vikings - NFL.com

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    "Ponder last season was the only quarterback without a touchdown pass of 21-plus yards (minimum 10 throws), per NFL research. Over two seasons, he's 11 for 70 (15.7 percent) on attempts of 21-plus yards through the air. That's netted 436 yards, one touchdown, five interceptions and a 28.0 passer rating. Last season alone, Ponder was 5 of 34 on those longer throws, for a completion percentage of 14.7.

It gets worse: ProFootballFocus ranked Ponder last in accuracy among 33 NFL quarterbacks on passes of 20-plus yards. His receivers were a ragtag group after Percy Harvin was injured in early November, but Ponder's slew of incompletions included just one drop, per the website."

Christian Ponder's deep ball troubles with the Vikings - NFL.com
    Just to play devil's advocate... how many of those were thrown to the correct vicinity, but the receiver wasn't there? How many were the result of good coverage?

I am not high on Ponder's wagon, but stats can be easily manipulated to support your viewpoint. Especially when you cherry pick them. Ponder is not anywhere near as good as Marrdro is making him out to be with the deep ball. But he is also not as bad as you are making him out to be either.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

No, I'm not. What I'm saying is we didn't win because of Ponder's arm, but rather the play of others.

I can see you haven't given the whole "we won with Ponder playing, ergo he must be the reason we won" thing a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    My deep ball percentage is 100%. I must be the best deep ball QB ever. EVAR! Or I've only thrown one pass over 25 yards in any of the football games I've played in and the WR (actually the TE) happened to catch it... I will leave it to you to decide which one it is...
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast