i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings preseason schedule announced

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f36ce3/article/bearsrams-game-set-to-kick-off-2011-preseason-schedule?module=HP_headlines

August 11 (Time TBA)
    @ Tennessee Titans

August 19 (Time TBA)
    @ Seattle

August 26 (Time TBA)
    Vs. Dallas

August 1 or 2 (Time TBA)
    Vs. Houston

I find it interesting, they have our first two games as away games, I guess leaving as much time for the dome to be repaired as possible. Also find it odd we seem to play Dallas and Seattle fairly often, Dallas seemingly every year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings preseason schedule announced

Thanks my friend. Couple of thoughts.

a. Titans. In the same mess we are in. New HC. No QB. Interior issues on OL and DL, LB'r issues. Might be a good warmup for a young rookie QB, our man Webb and the new look DL that we will have.

b. Seattle. Second year coach. QB issues. Can't get pressure on a QB, secondary is a mess. No WR's. Again, a nice fit for a young QB to step in and fix a few things he messed up against the Titans.

By the way, He will mess up people.

c. Dallas. Rubber meets the road here if they are playing anyone. Regardless of how many starters are on for Dallas, they are a deep team and should be a good challenge for the Vikes.

d. Houston. Hate the 4th preseason game. Even though its football, the brief look the starters get (if at all) and then the quick change over pisses me off. I, for one, wish they would just go with the backups from the start. Lets the team get into the flow better.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Will there even be a preseason?

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1093600
    My guess, yes, just like there will be a season.

In 1987, the National Football League Players' Association called a strike over free agency (a player's right to sign a contract with whatever team he wants). The players walked off the job two games into the season, and three games were played by players recruited from colleges and other football leagues. Scab football was extremely unpopular, and a few NFL regulars crossed the picket lines to resume play. Players continued to return to work until the strike ended without any resolution. Eventually a new contract was signed that was more to the owners' liking [ref].
    How Stuff Works

Will it be the same as when the "Pro's" are on the field? No, but the games will be played. What is still in question is how long will the players hold out before they start crossing over.

Because this is a bit differenct than in 87 (NFLPA is no longer a entity), how quickly will the players give up on their "Partnership" agenda and go back to being "Employees" like they are to begin with.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'm not sure why but I think a handful of games (or even a season) of scab players would be entertaining. Probably not fair to the season ticket owners but watching scab football would be more entertaining than no football.

Plus, the Vikings would have a better chance of winning the Superbowl once the playing field is evened out! :laugh:

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1093661
    I'm not sure why but I think a handful of games (or even a season) of scab players would be entertaining. Probably not fair to the season ticket owners but watching scab football would be more entertaining than no football.

Plus, the Vikings would have a better chance of winning the Superbowl once the playing field is evened out! :laugh:
    Wait, we wouldn't have to pay for that would we? Refund please!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Could you imagine the scab lions going 16-0 and winning the SB?

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1093661

I'm excited to watch the Tidewater Destroyers so I would be just as happy to watch the "Scab Vikings".

Would/will either be up to par with the version with the best out there? Nope, but I really don't care at this point.

Those rich jackasses are the ones messing this up, what with their stance that they want to be "partners" with the owners and can't be happy with 48% of the revenues. Like that is gonna happen.

Gimme some guys, that are going to get a chance of a lifetime to play that game that most of us would kill to play, on the field giving it their all and I will be more than happy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by "BadlandsVikings" #1093666
    Could you imagine the scab lions going 16-0 and winning the SB?
    .....snicker.......How about the scab Vikings my friend. :laugh:

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093624
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1093600
    My guess, yes, just like there will be a season.

In 1987, the National Football League Players' Association called a strike over free agency (a player's right to sign a contract with whatever team he wants). The players walked off the job two games into the season, and three games were played by players recruited from colleges and other football leagues. Scab football was extremely unpopular, and a few NFL regulars crossed the picket lines to resume play. Players continued to return to work until the strike ended without any resolution. Eventually a new contract was signed that was more to the owners' liking [ref].
    How Stuff Works

Will it be the same as when the "Pro's" are on the field? No, but the games will be played. What is still in question is how long will the players hold out before they start crossing over.

Because this is a bit differenct than in 87 (NFLPA is no longer a entity), how quickly will the players give up on their "Partnership" agenda and go back to being "Employees" like they are to begin with.
    I will not watch that crap.