Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46
  1. #31
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    There is another option that you could tune down the level of finger pointing and throwing around labels of other Viking fans like hypocrites, ridiculous, haters, apologists, crotchsniffers, 98ers ...etc

    It does at time come a cross as a bit condescending at times, just an observation
    First off, no one on PP.o has been the recipient of those labels more so than me.

    There is also an option that you could actually mention that to all the people here that use them & use them rather than only saying it to one [poster. I am down from the top the list from the people who coined & used the phrases "haters, apologists, crotchsniffer &, 98ers" here, yet you say nothing to them.

    As far as it being condescending, you've never had a problem with it before, especially when I was the one on the receiving end.

    How many times have we seen the phrase "T-Jack apologist" thrown around here? Over 50? Over 100? Over 200? How many times have you come out and said to the poster they were a being condescending?

    That answer would be 0. Why? Because of the poster who said it.

    Prophet is the one who coined the phrase "98er" here and used it more than the couple of times I did. How many times have you come out and said to the poster they were a being condescending?

    That answer again would be 0. Why? Because of the poster who said it.

    How many times has the term "Favre hater: been used here on PP.O? How many times have you come out and said to the poster they were a being condescending?

    That answer would be 0 yet again. Are we starting to see the pattern now?

    BTW, if you have a problem with me complaining about a bout a group of people, some of which may not be on this site & want me to post there, how about you heed your own advice & wish to complain about a QB who hasn't been here since 2010, you go to a fan site of the team he plays for & make your post there.
    Last edited by singersp; 08-31-2013 at 08:54 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #32
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    No, I would still like the names and links. If you are going to call out Ponder apologists on this site or any site then name them or let it go. You have had a deep thorn in your ass for ponder since day one and continually bring up every negative thing you can about him and the only reason is because you personally did the same things on this very site for TJ when he was here that you are now bitching about other people doing for ponder and apparently you have to go off site to find them and bring it back here to prove your point.

    If people on other sites are pissing you off call them out over there and don't bring it back here where it doesn't belong.
    Again, the names are irrelevant. But in case you hadn't noticed, one such apologist has been Marrdro. I'm not going to sit here and go thru 100's of posts & post a bunch of links just to suit you're fancy. You don't require it of any one else when they use terms like apologists, haters etc.

    When NP stated that most fans liked the new uniform, did you think he meant just PP.O or did you think he was referring to Vikings fans in general. Did you ask him to name everyone of those people? Did you ask why he felt everyone of those fans liked the uniform?

    The point is still valid. Just because a post was made on an observation, be it here or anywhere else, it's still about Vikings & football & this is a football forum.

    If it's not about you, you have nothing to worry about. If you have a need to know the names of every single person who's a Ponder supporter, whether it's here or outside of PP.O, where they can be found & why I feel they are supporters, that's a personal problem.

    Yup, I used the term apologist. It was used against me & I've used it to. It's was an accepted term to be used around here. The problem is, now all of a sudden it bothers people. It certainly never bothered you or anyone before, but now you are getting all bent out of shape about it.
    Last edited by singersp; 08-31-2013 at 09:31 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #33
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    lol.

    Your inability to ever back down from a position is second to none. Can you seriously not see that your original post made it look like you were bitching about people here at PP.O? We get it now - you were talking about FB and other sites. But sooner or later you need to accept the possibility that the misunderstanding may have been because of what you said, and not because we are unaware of fans that exist outside the world of PP.O.

    Anyway, Ponder sucks. Back on topic...
    If people thought I was referring to only people on PP.O, bad on them. General terms have been used to describe groups of people many times that may or may not include people on PP.O. No one bitched before.

    When you said most fans liked the new uniform, I knew who you meant. I knew enough to know that you were talking about fans in general which may or may not have included fans on PP.O.

    Did you see me getting all pissy and demanding the names of everyone on PP.O who liked the uniform to validate your post & then demand the links to their posts that said so? Did anyone demand of you to go to another forum where most of the fans liked the new uniform and make your post there because it appeared that here the viewpoint here was different, ergo it had no place here? Nope, because it's ridiculous.

    3 people out of all the members here had a problem with it. Oddly enough it's the same 3 people who nit-pick my posts apart on regular basis. If another poster had made that post, nothing would probably been mentioned about it.

    Case in point..........

    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Yes it's preseason and we haven't used AD so I haven't hit the panic button just yet, but you still have to be concerned with the way we've been playing.

    Thank you! That's why I argue with Ponder apologists so much. We don't have to settle for crap at QB just because we're a "run first" offense and have AD. A run first offense doesn't do you much good when you're down 2 scores late.

    Boy is there ever. On another message board, I spend a great deal of time arguing with apologists. And it doesn't matter how bad he plays, it's always poor blocking, bad play calling, or receivers not running the right route. Talk about denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    I am baffled how people love Ponder so much. He is an average at very best QB. Yes he's only started what 26ish games. Should he get more time? Maybe. But how long does it take to figure out if he's got "it?" Will it be after 42 starts? 58? When will the apologists realize that he just isn't that good. That when he drops back into the pocket he lasts a split second before freaking out and looking to move out of it. He looks scared and confused back there most of the time. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

    GO NINERS!
    Last edited by singersp; 08-31-2013 at 10:15 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #34
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,460
    Maybe we can get back to bitching about football and players and the packers instead of each other? ehhh

    WWBGD

  5. #35
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,772
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    how about you heed your own advice & wish to complain about a QB who hasn't been here since 2010, you go to a fan site of the team he plays for & make your post there.
    Yes I do miss Favre too

  6. #36
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    I honestly don't think this preseason tells us too much about the offense. Now if AD was playing and we were doing this bad I would definitely be worried.
    And there in lies the problem with most Ponder apologists. They blame his mediocrity on the fact that AD isn't in there.

    What does that tell you about your QB? It tells me that he isn't a leader & he struggles with out an MVP RB in there to carry the team.

    I know of 31 other teams out there who don't have AD on there team & guess what? Many of them have great or damn good QB's that can win games without them.

    To many fans believe all we need is a game manager for a QB. Bullshit! Game managers work once you have a comfortable lead and all you need to do is manage the game. What you need is a QB that can get you that lead in the first place. That takes more than a game manager. That takes a QB who can put a team on his shoulders and complete passes consistently in the 10-20 yard range when he has to to score points when the team is behind to put them in the lead.

    We don't have that. We need a QB that can be a proven winner with an average RB. Then if you insert AD into that fold, you have what you're looking for in a QB.

    For Gods sakes people, quit saying Ponder is good because we win when AD is in there. That's speaking more of how bad the QB is without AD in it.

    If we had to play the regular season with an average QB like Gerhart due to AD getting injured, how good is your QB then?
    This is all that needs to be said. Wake up people!

  7. #37
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Who the heck is apologizing for ponder any more? I just don't see people jumping to defend him and call for more years like you did with TJ.

    Publish your list of Ponder apologists and what makes them such.
    There are plenty if people who think Ponder is better than Cassel. Guess what that is not true. Put Cassel with Peterson and the rest of the 1s. Cassel will help more than Plunder.

  8. #38
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    And there in lies the problem with most Ponder apologists. They blame his mediocrity on the fact that AD isn't in there.

    What does that tell you about your QB? It tells me that he isn't a leader & he struggles with out an MVP RB in there to carry the team.

    I know of 31 other teams out there who don't have AD on there team & guess what? Many of them have great or damn good QB's that can win games without them.

    To many fans believe all we need is a game manager for a QB. Bullshit! Game managers work once you have a comfortable lead and all you need to do is manage the game. What you need is a QB that can get you that lead in the first place. That takes more than a game manager. That takes a QB who can put a team on his shoulders and complete passes consistently in the 10-20 yard range when he has to to score points when the team is behind to put them in the lead.

    We don't have that. We need a QB that can be a proven winner with an average RB. Then if you insert AD into that fold, you have what you're looking for in a QB.

    For Gods sakes people, quit saying Ponder is good because we win when AD is in there. That's speaking more of how bad the QB is without AD in it.

    If we had to play the regular season with an average QB like Gerhart due to AD getting injured, how good is your QB then?
    If you have that, then you don't need AD and you won't focus so much on the running game. AD would not be happy on a team that is a pass heavy offense, his value goes down. Your money would go to the QB and the receivers and you would focus more on pass blocking than run blocking. You would take what you can get with the running game, but it would be an afterthought. Because we have AD, the Vikings staff believes they can have success by running the offense through him not the QB. That is what Leslie has said time and time again. It may not be what you want, but it is who we are.

    Now, on the QB. Everybody wants to see better play from this position, everyone on this forum and everyone on the Vikings staff. If Ponder doesnt' improve, he will be gone. No need to keep jumping on his ass every second you get, his play will determine his future. For some, that means they will get to see if their preferred choice (Cassell) can come in and improve the play. If Cassell can't do it, then next year we will most likely be looking once again for another QB.

    IMO, with this staff and this team, the only QB that can come in here and have a significant impact is an elite experienced QB. It's what they've built. Why do you think that every QB that comes in here looks like shit. We are not a team conducive to elevating the play of a QB. You could probably take one of these athletic read option guys and have some success (at least for a while), but to get a true pocket passer and have success, it will take a proven vet IMO.
    Peterson is NOT happy! He wants to win a Super Bowl.

  9. #39
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Again, the names are irrelevant. But in case you hadn't noticed, one such apologist has been Marrdro. I'm not going to sit here and go thru 100's of posts & post a bunch of links just to suit you're fancy. You don't require it of any one else when they use terms like apologists, haters etc.
    That is one and that makes it singular and not plural and one person being an apologist certainly doesn't seem to be worthy of you bringing it up. Your post was made in a way that made it sound much wider spread than a single poster.

    When NP stated that most fans liked the new uniform, did you think he meant just PP.O or did you think he was referring to Vikings fans in general. Did you ask him to name everyone of those people? Did you ask why he felt everyone of those fans liked the uniform?
    I didn't have to because he had qualified where he got the numbers from.

    The point is still valid. Just because a post was made on an observation, be it here or anywhere else, it's still about Vikings & football & this is a football forum.
    It isn't necessarily valid because if it happened off site and not here then we have no idea if they were being sincere or whether they were just bits stirring the pot. Take Rube Chat for instance.


    If it's not about you, you have nothing to worry about. If you have a need to know the names of every single person who's a Ponder supporter, whether it's here or outside of PP.O, where they can be found & why I feel they are supporters, that's a personal problem.

    Yup, I used the term apologist. It was used against me & I've used it to. It's was an accepted term to be used around here. The problem is, now all of a sudden it bothers people. It certainly never bothered you or anyone before, but now you are getting all bent out of shape about it.
    It didn't bother me that you used it as long as you had supporting evidence that it actually existed and that it was legitimate. If they were just bits stirring the pot to get a response then they don't hold a lot of weight.

  10. #40
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    That is one and that makes it singular and not plural and one person being an apologist certainly doesn't seem to be worthy of you bringing it up. Your post was made in a way that made it sound much wider spread than a single poster.
    That is only one apologist that I mentioned. If you believe there are no more Ponder supporters than just 1, publish your proof, provide links & describe why you feel there arenít any Ponder supporters left. Otherwise your point is invalid.
    Again, everything said here about a group of fans, doesnít mean it has to be about fans on PP.O and if itís not, itís invalid.
    If you choose not to believe it, thatís your choice. Asking me to go back & find every comment I read in the last month by Ponder supporters, mention all their names, provide links to all their comments & write a fucking essay as to why I felt they were supporters is ridiculous.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •