Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Posting issues with other sites without an attached a link and/or quote does make it look like your pointing the finger around here and imho if you have a bone to pick with posts on other sites you should probably post that there...just a thought towards some clarity
    I was pointing the finger at some Vikings fans who are Ponder apologists in general & not specific sites or only on PP.O. It doesn't matter if they are here or somewhere else. Assuming that any post on PP.O about certain Vikings fans must be about only Vikings fans on PP.O is a ridiculous & the fault of the reader, not the poster.

Asking to post links to every site & every post I've based an observation on is just as ridiculous & hypocritical.
    Last edited by singersp; 08-30-2013 at 08:12 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I was pointing the finger at some Vikings fans in general & not specific sites. It doesn't matter if they are here or somewhere else. Saying that any post on PP.O about Vikings fans should only pertain & be limited to only Vikings fans on PP.O is a ridiculous statement. Asking to post links to every site & every post I've based an observation on is just as ridiculous.
    Nobody said that PP.O posts should only pertain to PP.O. But complaining on PP.O about people and posts from another site without bothering to mention that you are talking about another site is also ridiculous. I am on the same FB page as you, and I know the posts you are talking about. There are some people who are a little more than out of hand. Here, that isn't the case at all. If you make a blanket statement like that, especially without qualifying it so it looks for all intents and purposes like you are talking about the people here, well, then you are going to get push back.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Nobody said that PP.O posts should only pertain to PP.O. But complaining on PP.O about people and posts from another site without bothering to mention that you are talking about another site is also ridiculous. I am on the same FB page as you, and I know the posts you are talking about. There are some people who are a little more than out of hand. Here, that isn't the case at all. If you make a blanket statement like that, especially without qualifying it so it looks for all intents and purposes like you are talking about the people here, well, then you are going to get push back.
    News flash! There are Vikings fans outside of PP.o. If we have to be specific & say we are talking about Viking fans in or outside of PP.O when we mention Vikings fans in general & give links to those outside sources, then every poster here is guilty of it.

People here are making a huge deal out of nothing to have something to bitch about. Who cares if I'm referring to a Ponder supporter here or somewhere else. The point is still the same.

Do I now have to be specific of which 3 people here I'm talking about & provide their names & links to this site like a few people wanted on on a previous post or can you guys figure it out?
    Last edited by singersp; 08-30-2013 at 08:28 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    News flash! There are Vikings fans outside of PP.o.
    WHAT???

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    I was pointing the finger at some Vikings fans who are Ponder apologists in general & not specific sites or only on PP.O. It doesn't matter if they are here or somewhere else. Assuming that any post on PP.O about certain Vikings fans must be about only Vikings fans on PP.O is a ridiculous & the fault of the reader, not the poster.

Asking to post links to every site & every post I've based an observation on is just as ridiculous & hypocritical.
    There is another option that you could tune down the level of finger pointing and throwing around labels of other Viking fans like hypocrites, ridiculous, haters, apologists, crotchsniffers, 98ers ...etc

It does at time come a cross as a bit condescending at times, just an observation

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    News flash! There are Vikings fans outside of PP.o. If we have to be specific & say we are talking about Viking fans in or outside of PP.O when we mention Vikings fans in general & give links to those outside sources, then every poster here is guilty of it.

People here are making a huge deal out of nothing to have something to bitch about. Who cares if I'm referring to a Ponder supporter here or somewhere else. The point is still the same.

Do I now have to be specific of which 3 people here I'm talking about & provide their names & links to this site like a few people wanted on on a previous post or can you guys figure it out?
    No, I would still like the names and links. If you are going to call out Ponder apologists on this site or any site then name them or let it go. You have had a deep thorn in your ass for ponder since day one and continually bring up every negative thing you can about him and the only reason is because you personally did the same things on this very site for TJ when he was here that you are now bitching about other people doing for ponder and apparently you have to go off site to find them and bring it back here to prove your point.

If people on other sites are pissing you off call them out over there and don't bring it back here where it doesn't belong.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    No, I would still like the names and links. If you are going to call out Ponder apologists on this site or any site then name them or let it go. You have had a deep thorn in your ass for ponder since day one and continually bring up every negative thing you can about him and the only reason is because you personally did the same things on this very site for TJ when he was here that you are now bitching about other people doing for ponder and apparently you have to go off site to find them and bring it back here to prove your point.

If people on other sites are pissing you off call them out over there and don't bring it back here where it doesn't belong.
    The facts are these. Preseason football has become a joke and criminal to even charge season ticket holders the price of admission. There is zero emphasis on winning these borefests and all this talk about needing four games to get ready for a season are total bullshit. None of the starters today in preseason even play one half of football in the preseason. 2 of these games will be gone by 2016.

On to Ponder. Let's face facts. This guy is not even close to a middle of the road starting qb in the NFL. Peterson carried this team in the last four games of the season. When you have a running back that equals the average yards per play as the qb you have a major problem. The Vikings reached and got burned on this guy. I'll say it one last time. When you have the box full on every play to contain Peterson and YOU STILL CANNOT BEAT A DEFENSE THROUGH THE AIR... you never will. Great qb's in this league lick their chops at the defenses that stack the box like teams do with AD , and they eat them alive. Ponder can't even complete on 30 yard pass in 486 attempts.... REALLY? Ponder will be sitting on the pines by week 4 and I really do believe that Casell with AD behind him will make defenses pay for the stacked boxes. He's got a much stronger arm and is not afraid to throw it down the middle... I predict Cassel has a resserection of his career when he gets the nod as the starter. He had a pro bowl year with NE and played on a terrrible team in KC. I just hope the brass is not too stubborn in pulling the plug on Ponder before the season is lost. They probably will be. With Casell we can go 10-6.. With Ponder it's no better than 5-11 .

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

lol.

Your inability to ever back down from a position is second to none. Can you seriously not see that your original post made it look like you were bitching about people here at PP.O? We get it now - you were talking about FB and other sites. But sooner or later you need to accept the possibility that the misunderstanding may have been because of what you said, and not because we are unaware of fans that exist outside the world of PP.O.

Anyway, Ponder sucks. Back on topic...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    The facts are these. Preseason football has become a joke and criminal to even charge season ticket holders the price of admission. There is zero emphasis on winning these borefests and all this talk about needing four games to get ready for a season are total bullshit. None of the starters today in preseason even play one half of football in the preseason. 2 of these games will be gone by 2016.

On to Ponder. Let's face facts. This guy is not even close to a middle of the road starting qb in the NFL. Peterson carried this team in the last four games of the season. When you have a running back that equals the average yards per play as the qb you have a major problem. The Vikings reached and got burned on this guy. I'll say it one last time. When you have the box full on every play to contain Peterson and YOU STILL CANNOT BEAT A DEFENSE THROUGH THE AIR... you never will. Great qb's in this league lick their chops at the defenses that stack the box like teams do with AD , and they eat them alive. Ponder can't even complete on 30 yard pass in 486 attempts.... REALLY? Ponder will be sitting on the pines by week 4 and I really do believe that Casell with AD behind him will make defenses pay for the stacked boxes. He's got a much stronger arm and is not afraid to throw it down the middle... I predict Cassel has a resserection of his career when he gets the nod as the starter. He had a pro bowl year with NE and played on a terrrible team in KC. I just hope the brass is not too stubborn in pulling the plug on Ponder before the season is lost. They probably will be. With Casell we can go 10-6.. With Ponder it's no better than 5-11 .
    The Vikings didn't face near as many 8-9 man fronts as most folks think.

NFL Myth-busting: Elite Running Backs Battle Eight-in-the-Box Defenses

Well would you imagine that? Peterson faced loaded boxes no more than 30 percent of the time. Thatís far less than the usual narrative leads us to believe. He also had a higher average on such plays, which makes sense in that if he breaks some tackles, thereís going to be a long, empty field ahead of him for huge gains.
    In 2012, when AD did see 8 men in the box, he averaged 6.45ypc. Perhaps that's the Vikings strategy all along. Suck the defense into bringing the secondary up to the line with a poor passing game so Peterson can rip off some more long runs. Elite RB's generally welcome 8-9 man fronts, one or two good blocks and they are gone.

Doesn't excuse poor QB play, but I think many overemphasize the stacked boxes and how often the Vikings actually see them. San Fran btw saw more stacked boxes in 2012 than any other team.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Heard that Matt Leinart and Caleb Hanie both got cut today. Upgrades at QB???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast