singersp is offline PPO Newshound

VIKINGS: PREPARING FOR MVC TRYOUTS

[size=18px]NFL: VIKINGS: PREPARING FOR MVC TRYOUTS [/size]

Katie

Although I may have a slightly biased view, the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleading Team is certainly one of the best in the NFL. Being a part of a squad like this is one of the most rewarding ventures I can attest to. However, whether you're a veteran, or looking to be one of the teams newest additions, tryouts are not going to be fruitful unless you are prepared. The three general rules I recommend you follow are: 1. Be Healthy 2. Be In Shape and 3. Be Attentive.

The first general rule is probably one of the most important rules...being healthy. By this I mean to take the utmost care of your body. Drink lots of water, so that your system is not only cleansed, but fully hydrated. Also, don't forget to eat! Your body needs lots of fruits, vegetables and protein. Be refreshed by getting sufficient sleep; know your body and when you need a break. Take care of your skin and be sure that if you are tanning you are using tanning enhancing lotion and keeping moisturized, and don't tan your face! Also, if you don't tan, you may want to try a spray tan to give your complexion a nice warm glow before the big day!

The second rule of thumb is to be in shape. Tryouts are going to be a very long day for you and your body and you will need lots of stamina to get through it. You should work out at least 5-6 days a week, even if only for a 30 minute walk. This will not only make YOU feel good, but help build strength and positive energy. If you have access to a gym, be sure to take a lesson in weight lifting. Lifting will not only give you tone, but build muscle endurance. I recommend using a lower weight and pushing at least 15 reps per set. If you don't have access to the gym, I suggest purchasing a medicine ball or maybe some fitness magazines like: Shape or Fitness. There are always some good toning exercises inside. Don't forget your cardio. At least 3-4 days a week you should be involved in a high impact 45minute workout (i.e. running, elliptical, or aerobics).

The last general rule is to be attentive. Amongst the nervous knots in your stomach and chaos of open auditions, you must stay focused and express great interest, enthusiasm and devotion in what you are trying to achieve. If you don't truly want to be there, it will show. Also, be attentive and respectful to the instructors helping you and the judges watching you. The instructors are there to assist you in anyway they can. A lot is weighing on the judge's shoulders to be sure that the decisions they make are in the best interest of the squad and the Minnesota Vikings. Therefore they too must be attentive to the large pool of talent they will be presented with that day, and considering as the 2006 Cheerleading Squad of the Minnesota Vikings.

Being an MVC is a huge commitment and honor; I encourage all of the girls who are considering trying out to attend the MVC Workshop on Saturday, March 25th. This will give you a chance learn more about the organization itself and give you more tips on tryouts, and a possible sneak peak at some of the choreography you will see at the actual audition. Whether you only make the first cut, move on to training camp (which precedes open auditions), or earn a position on the 2006 Squad this will be a rewarding experience for you. You will meet so many new friends, gain so many fun new memories and I promise you won't walk away without wanting to do it all over again next year!!

LINK

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: VIKINGS: PREPARING FOR MVC TRYOUTS

Hmm interesting, I always wanted to be a MVC!!

NOT!!!!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

ive always wanted to be with cheerleader. i mean be on one. i mean be one. heh
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Hmm interesting, I always wanted to be a MVC!!

NOT!!!!
    You'd definitely get a better close-up of Darren Sharper if you were on the field.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"gregair13" wrote:
    ive always wanted to be with cheerleader. i mean be on one. i mean be one. heh
    :scratch:

"singersp" wrote:
    You'd definitely get a better close-up of Darren Sharper if you were on the field.
    Did not even think of that, man I better start working out! :wink:

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

sweet

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I wish we could pick our cheerleaders from the ladies in the Cheer UP thread... :evil4:
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    I wish we could pick our cheerleaders from the ladies in the Cheer UP thread... :evil4:
    So do I, except from the Women's Cheer up thread! Orlando Bloom as a male cheerleader! :grin: