singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Preparing for Arctic Blast

[size=13pt]VIKINGS PREPARING FOR ARCTIC BLAST[/size]

February 06, 2007
    Author: Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Vikings Preparing for 12th Annual Arctic Blast

The football season may now be over and the elements may be extreme, but that won't keep the Vikings and their fans from teaming up for a good cause. The 12th annual Minnesota Vikings Arctic Blast Snowmobile Rally, which benefits the Viking Children's Fund, will be held this Saturday at Lake Mille Lacs. Several current and former Vikings players, along with the Vikings Cheerleaders, are scheduled to attend.

Current Vikings scheduled to appear include Mewelde Moore, Tony Richardson, Chris Kluwe, Heath Farwell, Dovonte Edwards, Bryant McKinnie, and Richard Owens. Vikings Alumni scheduled to participate include Bud Grant, Paul Krause, John Randle, Jim Marshall, Dave Osborn, Doug Sutherland, Bob Lurtsema, Carl Lee, and Darrin Nelson.

"I am anticipating another full turnout and a day filled with prizes and fun riding," Viking Children's Fund Coordinator Patrick Leopold said. "Each of the Blast Points have planned exciting activities to entertain the participants during their stops and I expect that everyone will have a great time."

Participants will ride both the well groomed trails in the Mille Lacs area as well as marked routes on Lake Mille Lacs with other snowmobile enthusiasts and the Vikings. Riders will go to points throughout the area and they will be able to take advantage of great activities and prizes at each location.

The event is also family friendly, as young children can participate at Izatys and ride snowmobiles made for their size on a custom-built track. There will also be an arcade, ice fishing pond, food specials and fireworks at various Blast Points throughout the day and evening. Players and alumni will be available and mingling with the participants.

"The weekend will be a tremendous experience," Mewelde Moore said. "The off the field fan support and community involvement for both the organization and the Viking Children's Fund really impresses me. I didn't get a chance to ride last year because of surgery on my wrist, but you can definitely count on me getting out there this weekend."

The day will begin with a kick-off brunch at Eddy's Lake Mille Lacs Resort at 9:00 a.m. Participants can enjoy brunch with the Vikings and Cheerleaders before heading off to the trails. Following the brunch, Arctic Blast 12 begins, with participants taking off from one of the six "Blast Points." Vikings will be appearing at various Blast Points throughout the day.

Participants who've pre-registered and check in to at least three Blast Points make themselves eligible for the thousands of dollars in prizes to be awarded at the conclusion of the event. The first 500 registrations will also be awarded a gift.

To close the event, a $40,000 Prize Party will be held at the GC Mille Lacs Events and Convention Center. Season tickets for the 2007 season, a 2007 Arctic Cat Snowmobile, televisions and other prizes are among the gifts that will be given away.

"Arctic Blast is a special event because it allows the Vikings to visit out-state Minnesota and our strong fan base north of the metro area," said Steve LaCroix, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "Arctic Blast is a way for our organization to embrace the Minnesota winter, which is a big part of this state."

"Last year was great and we look forward to another successful and exciting Arctic Blast," Leopold said.

Izatys will serve as the Blast Headquarters, while the other five Blast Points include: Blue Goose Inn (Garrison), Castaways Resort (Malmo), Mitti's Hunters Point (Isle), Buzzie's on the Bay (Isle), and Eddy's Resort. Lodging is available at Eddy's, the GC Mille Lacs Hotel and Izatys. There will also be a courtesy shuttle available to participants that will run from Blast Point to Blast Point from noon until 6:00 p.m. free of charge.

Registration is available on the day of the event at any of the six blast points. Cost is $35 per person. For more information or for more registration forms call (952) 828-6577 or you can read more at vikings.com.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings Preparing for Arctic Blast

If it wasn't going to be so cold, I might have considered going.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

There's no way the Vikings would get me to go to Arctic blast, only if I wore tempered clothing the whole time.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    If it wasn't going to be so cold, I might have considered going.
    Cold? It's supposed to be a high of 13 tomorrow, that's like 50 degrees warmer than last week's low!

Besides, most of the events are indoors, (obviously not the snowmobile ride.)

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Let's hope our boys behave ourselves...

Just before free agency is no time for a controversy.

March 2nd never seemed so far away.
    -Sno

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks to PPE for the sig.