Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57
  1. #51
    aaeyers's Avatar
    aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436

    Re: Vikings Positional Analysis: Tight Ends

    Michael Vick has a better chance of ever playing in the NFL again than Jeremy Stevens does.

  2. #52
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Vikings Positional Analysis: Tight Ends

    "Mr" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I live in skins country and Moss and Randle didn't do too much to aid Campbell ( injuries aside). His biggest weapon was Cooley.

    As for throwing the passes you listed with a slot WR....It won't keep the defense honest. If the defense sees double tight they will read run. If they see 3 wrs they will read pass possibly run. We still wont wix the problem when we are in double tight. If we would like to run the ball like we want to, we need to add a 2nd TE who is a receiveing threat. That might be Mills, that Might be Shank with Sauce on the other side. Who ever it is, we need to get them in here. Would offering Jeremy Stevens a contract of 1 mill kill us. I don't remember why he is introuble.
    This is coming from the guy who didn't want to take a chance on Jared Allen because of his alcohol issues?!! Are you kidding me man?

    I don't remember why he is introuble
    Which time are you referring to?

    When he beat the pooh out of a 17 year old kid and stomped on his face? While armed with a deadly weapon.

    Or the time he raped a college freshman?

    Or the hit-and-run, when he crashed into a nursing home?

    Or his other hit-and-run/DUI/reckless driving charge?

    Or his DUI last year. I remember that one pretty well, I think in Arizona, what he did was considered "Extreme DUI"?

    Or his other turd issues, positive marijuana test, complaints from his condo complex neighbors, including "vomit on their doors, used condoms on the back porch, loud parties at all hours of the night, and various noise complaints."

    And I'm sure he wasn't drunk for his hit-and-run.... I'm 98% sure that would have been a DUI as well had he stayed at the scene. That makes 3 DUIs for Jerramy Stevens, and 3 DUIs for Jared Allen. They're even on DUIs, but look at the rest of Stevens' rap sheet... ridiculous.

    How can you advocate us offering a deal, albeit one year, to one of the biggest scumbags in recent NFL history, who's two years older, and not much of a player. But protest signing the reigning NFL sack leader.


    Seriously, what's your logic?

    What part of not remebering why the guy is in trouble don't you understand? I don't remember what he had done. Is it a crime to not be on the fore-front of Bucs and Seahawks breaking news? However since you asked....


    When he beat the pooh out of a 17 year old kid and stomped on his face? While armed with a deadly weapon.
    How old was he? Was it a high school fight among kids that you want to hang the guy for?

    Or the time he raped a college freshman?
    Wereyou there? According to this article, the prosecutor decided it would be too hard to prove. No offense but in college you wouldnt believe the amount of time I have heard the rape word thrown out and then recanted. I'm not saying she wasn't rape but it wouldnt be the first time a girl gave up some butt and then everyoen found out and she didn't know how to deal with it so she lied. Heck the Duke stripper was raped!!!

    Or the hit-and-run, when he crashed into a nursing home?

    Or his other hit-and-run/DUI/reckless driving charge?

    Or his DUI last year. I remember that one pretty well, I think in Arizona, what he did was considered "Extreme DUI"?

    Or his other turd issues, positive marijuana test, complaints from his condo complex neighbors, including "vomit on their doors, used condoms on the back porch, loud parties at all hours of the night, and various noise complaints."

    And I'm sure he wasn't drunk for his hit-and-run.... I'm 98% sure that would have been a DUI as well had he stayed at the scene. That makes 3 DUIs for Jerramy Stevens, and 3 DUIs for Jared Allen. They're even on DUIs, but look at the rest of Stevens' rap sheet... ridiculous.

    How can you advocate us offering a deal, albeit one year, to one of the biggest scumbags in recent NFL history, who's two years older, and not much of a player. But protest signing the reigning NFL sack leader.


    Again, I had nothing against Allen. I never said I don't want him on this team. If so please show me where I said that. I did say that it's sending mixed signals with the Robinson issue and then signing Allen. I had also in the past say I prefered Peppers to Allen. I have never said I didn't want Allen. Heck I'm the biggest Mac supporter ever. I dont care what a player has done off the field within limits. As far as Stevens, again i didn't know what it was that he had been done but outside of the DUIs and fleeing the scene I din't really see anything that he really did wrong. Unless of couse you don't think the eye witness recount of a white girl and a black athlete having sex could be laced with a bit of biasesness.



  3. #53
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Vikings Positional Analysis: Tight Ends

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I live in skins country and Moss and Randle didn't do too much to aid Campbell ( injuries aside). His biggest weapon was Cooley.

    As for throwing the passes you listed with a slot WR....It won't keep the defense honest. If the defense sees double tight they will read run. If they see 3 wrs they will read pass possibly run. We still wont wix the problem when we are in double tight. If we would like to run the ball like we want to, we need to add a 2nd TE who is a receiveing threat. That might be Mills, that Might be Shank with Sauce on the other side. Who ever it is, we need to get them in here. Would offering Jeremy Stevens a contract of 1 mill kill us. I don't remember why he is introuble.
    This is coming from the guy who didn't want to take a chance on Jared Allen because of his alcohol issues?!! Are you kidding me man?

    I don't remember why he is introuble
    Which time are you referring to?

    When he beat the pooh out of a 17 year old kid and stomped on his face? While armed with a deadly weapon.

    Or the time he raped a college freshman?

    Or the hit-and-run, when he crashed into a nursing home?

    Or his other hit-and-run/DUI/reckless driving charge?

    Or his DUI last year. I remember that one pretty well, I think in Arizona, what he did was considered "Extreme DUI"?

    Or his other turd issues, positive marijuana test, complaints from his condo complex neighbors, including "vomit on their doors, used condoms on the back porch, loud parties at all hours of the night, and various noise complaints."

    And I'm sure he wasn't drunk for his hit-and-run.... I'm 98% sure that would have been a DUI as well had he stayed at the scene. That makes 3 DUIs for Jerramy Stevens, and 3 DUIs for Jared Allen. They're even on DUIs, but look at the rest of Stevens' rap sheet... ridiculous.

    How can you advocate us offering a deal, albeit one year, to one of the biggest scumbags in recent NFL history, who's two years older, and not much of a player. But protest signing the reigning NFL sack leader.


    Seriously, what's your logic?

    What part of not remebering why the guy is in trouble don't you understand? I don't remember what he had done. Is it a crime to not be on the fore-front of Bucs and Seahawks breaking news? However since you asked....


    When he beat the pooh out of a 17 year old kid and stomped on his face? While armed with a deadly weapon.
    How old was he? Was it a high school fight among kids that you want to hang the guy for?

    Or the time he raped a college freshman?
    Wereyou there? According to this article, the prosecutor decided it would be too hard to prove. No offense but in college you wouldnt believe the amount of time I have heard the rape word thrown out and then recanted. I'm not saying she wasn't rape but it wouldnt be the first time a girl gave up some butt and then everyoen found out and she didn't know how to deal with it so she lied. Heck the Duke stripper was raped!!!

    Or the hit-and-run, when he crashed into a nursing home?

    Or his other hit-and-run/DUI/reckless driving charge?

    Or his DUI last year. I remember that one pretty well, I think in Arizona, what he did was considered "Extreme DUI"?

    Or his other turd issues, positive marijuana test, complaints from his condo complex neighbors, including "vomit on their doors, used condoms on the back porch, loud parties at all hours of the night, and various noise complaints."

    And I'm sure he wasn't drunk for his hit-and-run.... I'm 98% sure that would have been a DUI as well had he stayed at the scene. That makes 3 DUIs for Jerramy Stevens, and 3 DUIs for Jared Allen. They're even on DUIs, but look at the rest of Stevens' rap sheet... ridiculous.

    How can you advocate us offering a deal, albeit one year, to one of the biggest scumbags in recent NFL history, who's two years older, and not much of a player. But protest signing the reigning NFL sack leader.


    Again, I had nothing against Allen. I never said I don't want him on this team. If so please show me where I said that. I did say that it's sending mixed signals with the Robinson issue and then signing Allen. I had also in the past say I prefered Peppers to Allen. I have never said I didn't want Allen. Heck I'm the biggest Mac supporter ever. I dont care what a player has done off the field within limits. As far as Stevens, again i didn't know what it was that he had been done but outside of the DUIs and fleeing the scene I din't really see anything that he really did wrong. Unless of couse you don't think the eye witness recount of a white girl and a black athlete having sex could be laced with a bit of biasesness.


    Wait... what?

    Armed with a deadly weapon, who cares how old he was?

    Two hit-and-runs.

    A possible rape.

    Trashing his condo complex.


    The guy's an asshole. I don't care if he's black or white, or who he's raping.

  4. #54
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Vikings Positional Analysis: Tight Ends

    "Mr" wrote:
    Wait... what?

    Armed with a deadly weapon, who cares how old he was?

    Two hit-and-runs.

    A possible rape trial.

    Trashing his condo complex.


    The guy's an donkey butt. I don't care if he's black or white, or who he's raping.
    1) he wasn't aremed wit a deadly weapon. He and his friend hit some guy with a baseball bat and he kicked him in the mouth. It was a prearranged fight. Which means the other guy was talking sh*t and the agreed to fight. Howmany of the guys friengs were there? We don't know but it doesn't sound like a 1 on 1 fight. Heck i would hate for you to lose a job because of a fight you got into in High School.

    2) The Hit and runs I cannot excuse it sucks. I have been a victim while in college and wanted to kill the other guy.

    3) Again the rape or possibility is idiotic. Duke taught us that the innocent can be accused. Lets drop it. I find it funny it turned into rape once everyone on campus found out about it. I.e Virgin turned wh*re routine.

    4) The condo incident I missed and don't know much about..but that makes him a bad neighboor not a felony criminal( unless the damaged cost is of felony level amounts)

    Again, i thought he would be a nice fit before all of this was brought to light. I thought it may have been a DUI and a Weed posession. I didn't know the extent of his legal issues. YOu are ignoring the fact that I said before hand...that I couldnt remember why he wasn't resigned.

  5. #55
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Vikings Positional Analysis: Tight Ends

    Some more on the Stevens rape case, how this one got thrown out I don't know.

    There's no comparison to Duke Lacrosse or Kobe Bryant here.

    A UW student who walked by and witnessed them having sex called 911 to report it as a possible rape, noting that the woman appeared to be drugged; he described her as "half passed out ... eyes glazed ... no one home." Stevens's semen was found in the victim, who was penetrated vaginally and anally, and numerous witnesses testified that she acted as if drugged at the party. Police suspected a date rape drug was given to the woman at the party, but blood samples were taken too late for testing.

    Despite these suspicions, the King County prosecutor declined to file rape charges against Stevens due to "confusing and conflicting statements".

    A civil suit, which resulted in a settlement, was later filed by the victim. The civil settlement was not publicly disclosed, but according to published reports included a $300,000 payment by Stevens to the plaintiff. The investigation and aftermath of this incident and the subsequent decision to not charge Stevens were reported by the Seattle Times.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

    The article is very long and detailed, if you have time read through it, you'll wonder how he wasn't locked up for the rape, or anything else.

  6. #56
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Vikings Positional Analysis: Tight Ends

    Boy... this thread sure did go down hill fast!

    As for the topic...

    Is it important for the Vikes to have a pass catching TE?
    Hell YES
    Is VS the man?
    Not by last year's performance.
    Should they throw to Klienny more?
    I think so... when he does go out, he's usually wide open.
    But his blocking is stellar, so until the OT's can handle things, he needs to block.
    Why do the TE's block on passing downs?
    Because they had too.
    TJ needed time, Cook and McKinnie needed help.
    Do the Vikes run a WCO?


    In 2007? No... Did they want to? Yes.... Why didn't they? TJ, TE, WR's, can't WCO without a efficient passing game.

    In 2008? Let's hope they have the pieces to do it proper
    Is Shank overpaid?
    YES!
    The problem I have is the $8Mill signing bonus.
    He was an average backup with the Giants.
    How he deserved that signing bonus is beyond me.




    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  7. #57
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Vikings Positional Analysis: Tight Ends

    "Mr" wrote:
    Some more on the Stevens rape case, how this one got thrown out I don't know.

    There's no comparison to Duke Lacrosse or Kobe Bryant here.

    A UW student who walked by and witnessed them having sex called 911 to report it as a possible rape, noting that the woman appeared to be drugged; he described her as "half passed out ... eyes glazed ... no one home." Stevens's semen was found in the victim, who was penetrated vaginally and anally, and numerous witnesses testified that she acted as if drugged at the party. Police suspected a date rape drug was given to the woman at the party, but blood samples were taken too late for testing.

    Despite these suspicions, the King County prosecutor declined to file rape charges against Stevens due to "confusing and conflicting statements".

    A civil suit, which resulted in a settlement, was later filed by the victim. The civil settlement was not publicly disclosed, but according to published reports included a $300,000 payment by Stevens to the plaintiff. The investigation and aftermath of this incident and the subsequent decision to not charge Stevens were reported by the Seattle Times.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

    The article is very long and detailed, if you have time read through it, you'll wonder how he wasn't locked up for the rape, or anything else.
    Lol.. i got raped and I am a victim...Let me file a civil suit to replace the virginity you took. I'm not saying that she wasnt rape but the mor eI read the less i trust this victim. She looked half passed out ... eyes glazed ... no one home at a party she had been drinking...Sounds like she was drunk? That's while she was at the party. What happened after the party? Does anyone know. The only think anyone knows is she was seen having sex with this guy and she was standing...Not exactly the diffenition of half passed out.

    I wasn't there and that is between them and God. All i can say is that i have seen tons of broads throw out the rape word and recant later( not at me because I'm a gentleman
    : ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Projecting the Vikings' 53-Man Roster: Tight Ends
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 10:09 AM
  2. Vikings Positional Analysis: Wide Receiver
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 11:04 AM
  3. Vikings Positional Analysis: Running Backs
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 07:42 AM
  4. Missing tight ends on Vikings' radar
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 05:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •