Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by

    [size=13pt]Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by [/size]


    By DAVE CAMPBELL AP Sports Writer
    The Associated Press
    wctrib.com

    Thursday, September 06, 2007



    Each week during the regular season, NFL teams distribute a forest's worth of paper to the media for the purpose of providing statistics and family-friendly story lines for use in previewing the approaching game.....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by

    It is unfortunate that it has fallen so far that they won't even be able to sell the games out this season.
    We went from being a popular pick to reach the super bowl every year to a team that most everyone picks to finish last in our division.
    I think we will surprise the so called "experts" this year.

  3. #3
    Rattz's Avatar
    Rattz is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    56

    Re: Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by

    That's what happens when you lose games and lose stars and hire a head coach that alienated fans and bored them to tears on offense last year.
    Hopefully they will be more entertaining on offense (AD is worth the price of admission) and winning becomes the standard again.

    SKOL in 2007!

  4. #4
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    It is unfortunate that it has fallen so far that they won't even be able to sell the games out this season.
    We went from being a popular pick to reach the super bowl every year to a team that most everyone picks to finish last in our division.
    I think we will surprise the so called "experts" this year.
    I only recall the 2005 Vikings being a "popular pick to reach the Super Bowl".
    What other season were the Vikes the consensus NFC pick?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by

    More negative drivel from our local sports hacks.
    Why the heck can't they right something positive about this team instead of the same old crap.

    I could think of a few topics that I could spin as positive yet still be realistic about.
    a.
    No major off field incidents.
    b.
    Young exciting players that just need to prove themselves.
    c.
    A owner who seems to want to put bring the organization back to prominence instead of mediocrity.
    d. New D-coord who has the D looking good in preseason.
    e.

    Man I can't wait for a win so these saps have something to write about instead the past and how unproven our young team is.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by

    The pendulum is just swinging.
    A bunch of fairweather fans and new solid fans jumped on board during the '98 season.
    Some of them have falled by the wayside and new fans will come along.
    A host of fairweather fans will jump back on board once the Ws come in.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    More negative drivel from our local sports hacks.
    Why the heck can't they right something positive about this team instead of the same old crap.
    More mindless criticism from our friend from VA.

    The article was written by Dave Campbell, an AP (and former ESPN writer/talking-head) who is NOT based in Minnesota.

    How is that "drivel from our (meaning mine, not yours) local sports hacks"?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by

    "Prophet" wrote:
    The pendulum is just swinging.
    A bunch of fairweather fans and new solid fans jumped on board during the '98 season.
    Some of them have falled by the wayside and new fans will come along.
    A host of fairweather fans will jump back on board once the Ws come in.
    Didn't you swing the tailgate of the bandwagon back up like I asked?
    :-

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    The pendulum is just swinging.
    A bunch of fairweather fans and new solid fans jumped on board during the '98 season.
    Some of them have falled by the wayside and new fans will come along.
    A host of fairweather fans will jump back on board once the Ws come in.
    Didn't you swing the tailgate of the bandwagon back up like I asked?
    :-\
    It's partially my fault, I routinely rip the esophagus out of fairweather fans and donate them to Neph.
    I will try to be nice and not off the up and coming fairweather fans, there are always a few that turn into long-term fans.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #10
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Vikings popularity keeps dwindling as decade rolls by

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    It is unfortunate that it has fallen so far that they won't even be able to sell the games out this season.
    We went from being a popular pick to reach the super bowl every year to a team that most everyone picks to finish last in our division.
    I think we will surprise the so called "experts" this year.
    I only recall the 2005 Vikings being a "popular pick to reach the Super Bowl".
    What other season were the Vikes the consensus NFC pick?

    =Z=
    99, 2000, 2001

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Top Ten Vikings Plays of the Decade?
    By JDogg926 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 12:08 PM
  2. Three Vikings make SI's All-Decade Team
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 06:35 AM
  3. Popularity of FieldTurf increasing everywhere
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 09:28 PM
  4. Historic name popularity
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 11:41 AM
  5. Gaining in Popularity!
    By snowinapril in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 07:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •