NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings Playoff's Picture!

The Vikings can advance in one of two ways. The easiest will be to defeat the Packers at the Metrodome on Sunday. That will give them a 10-6 record and one of the NFC's wild-card spots.

If they lose to the Packers, the Vikings can get in at 9-7 if the following results occur in Week 17:
    The New York Giants lose to the Philadelphia Eagles
    The Washington Redskins beat Dallas Cowboys
    The Bears lose to the Detroit Lions

So if we lose to GB, we need the Giants, Cowboys, and Bears, to all lose themselves, for us to advance into playoffs.

Here is one other little tid bit, that still depends on tonights outcome of the 9ers/Seahawks game....

Wild-card berths remains alive, at least for a few more hours. The Vikings and Bears would be the NFC's fifth- and sixth seeds, respectively, if they both win next Sunday and the Seattle Seahawks lose their final two games. Both of the Seahawks' games are at home, beginning with tonight's game against the San Francisco 49ers. Also, the Giants and Cowboys would still have to lose also...

Back with you in the morning. This will be as wild of a Week 17 as I can remember in this division.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    So scenario #2 is the most difficult huh? My money is on scenario #2 then. Not that scenario #2 will come true, but I have a feeling that's the scenario we're going to have to end up hoping for because the Vikings don't like to make things easy for themselves haha. Thankfully all of those teams play at the same time as us so we won't have to hold our breath long.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well it is 42-6 late on the forth quarter in favor of Seattle right now... So scenario 3 is out the window.

We win and we're in. The crazy part is we will have to face the Packers in the Wild Card round then too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Bottom line ... we have to beat the Peckers ....

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    If this were a mid-season game, I'd be much more confident. With the attention of the NFL nation upon us, though, this is the ultimate scenario for another embarrassing meltdown.

It never fails. When we get hot and start attracting some attention, then we always shoot ourselves in the face. This is why we always struggle for respect, because every time we're in the spotlight we poo the bed, in spectacular fashion.

Strictly on the matchup itself, I think we have a fair chance to win it, but I'd feel a lot better if the Pack had nothing left to play for. As it is, they need the win to cement a bye over the 49ers, who are likely to beat the Cardinals at home next week.

So, one of two things will happen. Either we come out on fire and run away (on AD's back) with it, or we prove once again to the whole world that we are the shlemiels of the NFL and get spanked handily. Either way, it will not be close.

I don't want to be embarrassed again.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Well it is 42-6 late on the forth quarter in favor of Seattle right now... So scenario 3 is out the window.

We win and we're in. The crazy part is we will have to face the Packers in the Wild Card round then too.
    Packers currently hold the #2 seed. Good chance we play in San Fran.