Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Vikings' Player of the Match: Week 2

I think our special team did very well in this game. The punting went very well, Cluwe still proves that he's underated, and Ryan Longwell had a busy day placing 15 points on the scoreboard. The defense performed very well too, except from the last quarter when Manning started to pick us apart. The offense also had their good moments, but unfortunately, they didn't last long. Not long enough to reach the end zone that is.

MVP on offense: Adrian Peterson (160 rushing yards, 5.5 yards/carry)

MVP on defense: E.J. Henderson (5 tackles, 1 pdf, 1 sack)

Honorable mention: Antoine Winfield

Re: Vikings' Player of the Match: Week 2

I'd like to give it up for Jared Allen.
    There were countless numbers of times I saw 69 laying right on top of Manning.
    The Colts even had to shuffle the O-Line to account for him.

Of course on Offense, I'll give it to the only bright spot there was...
    Number 28 in your program guides and number 1 in your hearts, Mr Adrian Peterson.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I tip my hat to the whole defense, they went after it Sunday. It's too bad a outstanding effort by AP didn't translate into touchdowns, and that my friends got us in the end.

Mjölnir is offline Rookie

I have to give it to Longwell. At the end of the day he put points on the board, Jackson and his receivers didn't.

Though I too thought that the defence mostly had a good game.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

AP obviously on offence and as has been stated an honorable for Antoine. Jared Allen looked pleased to get a sack in purple but we can't forget he wasn't up against their starter so we shall see.

EJ HEnderson I thought was sideline to sideline and gets my Defensive vote

All in all ST and Def played well and I liked what I saw and I don't blame them for getting burned towards the end as they spent an awful long time on the field and it began to show in some tired tackling.

Nearly there and on to week 3
    Purple till i die

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

My hat goes off to the whole D except Gordon and Tyrell. Is it me or does Tyrell not even exist on the field. When is Williams coming back? Put Sapp on the field! I feel sorry for our D when you hold the colts like that and the O can't get the job done. Wow I feel like a broken record. Didn't I say this last year?

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    My hat goes off to the whole D except Gordon and Tyrell. Is it me or does Tyrell not even exist on the field. When is Williams coming back? Put Sapp on the field! I feel sorry for our D when you hold the colts like that and the O can't get the job done. Wow I feel like a broken record. Didn't I say this last year?
    Tyrell Johnson made 5 tackles according to NFL.com, which by the way is the second most tackles in the game. Greenway was the only Vikings player who made more tackles.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...tab_gamecenter

Purple Jesus is offline Waterboy

"marstc09" wrote:
    Did you forget Cedric, who was always inexplicably out of position?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I don't know how everyone can be so happy with the defense. Coming into the season I fully expected the defense to win games for this team, especially if the offense could move the ball and avoid turnovers.
    In week one the defense allowed 24 points. Of the 16 teams that got a win in week 1 only 1 allowed 24 or more points(on a last second miracle TD against the chargers).
    In week two the defense allowed 18 points. Of the 16 teams that got a win in week 2 only 5 gave up 18 or more points.
    Add to this that the Packers were starting a new quarterback and had injuries to the offensive line and were as far as I could tell 100% healthy on defense(6th in nfl for fewest points allowed in 07).
    The Colts had injuries to their offensive line and a QB that missed all of the preseason and best WR was not at a hundred percent, plus their starting center was out. There defense was short a starting DT but otherwise was very healthy(1st in fewest points allowed in 07).
    To me the defense has been by far the most dissapointing aspect of the vikings in the first 2 games.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I don't know how everyone can be so happy with the defense. Coming into the season I fully expected the defense to win games for this team, especially if the offense could move the ball and avoid turnovers.
    In week one the defense allowed 24 points. Of the 16 teams that got a win in week 1 only 1 allowed 24 or more points(on a last second miracle TD against the chargers).
    In week two the defense allowed 18 points. Of the 16 teams that got a win in week 2 only 5 gave up 18 or more points.
    Add to this that the Packers were starting a new quarterback and had injuries to the offensive line and were as far as I could tell 100% healthy on defense(6th in nfl for fewest points allowed in 07).
    The Colts had injuries to their offensive line and a QB that missed all of the preseason and best WR was not at a hundred percent, plus their starting center was out. There defense was short a starting DT but otherwise was very healthy(1st in fewest points allowed in 07).
    To me the defense has been by far the most dissapointing aspect of the vikings in the first 2 games.
    They have kept us in games.
    Giving up less than 20 pts a game is a good thing (special teams fuck up against GB).
    They are working on pressuring the QB which will inevitably make the #1 against the run stat slip a little.
    They will get better with Frazier working them over and the personnel on the squad.
    They will be a top 10 D, that is more than good enough.
    Last year they were tied for 11th in the least # of points given up.
    I have no problem witht the D and think they will be a top 10 D by midseason in pts allowed--which they may be already, don't feel like looking it up.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast