Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: The Vikings playbook

"Big C" wrote:
    It's hard with him being the offensive line coach too and the O-line sucking for the most part of the game.
    I read somewhere that Tice use to be a perty good offensive line coach :director:
    I.B.O.T. #213

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"sunny" wrote:
    "Big C" wrote:
    It's hard with him being the offensive line coach too and the O-line sucking for the most part of the game.
    I read somewhere that Tice use to be a perty good offensive line coach :director:
    He was...ours.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I still don't see how you guys pin the offensive play calling on Tice instead of Loney. Tice is like the scapegoat for everything with some of you.
    As Harry Truman said, "The buck stops here." I can understand your feelings but Tice is still the "boss" and so he still gets the blame.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

In the preseason, our 1st stingers were passing down field with no problems. The run was not effective, in the preseason which proved to be the case in the opener, but we also had terrible passing blocking.

In the preseason, we were giving Pepp all day in the pocket! In the opener he was getting pressure from all sides, and he had no time to set and throw.

I know, it was preseason! But we played a tough preseason schedule, and all the teams we played were playoff caliber teams!

And you can set-up the run by having a passing attack, you do not have to set-up the pass with a running game first!

The key is to getting the line back to providing C-Pepp some time to throw!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Big C" wrote:
    I still don't see how you guys pin the offensive play calling on Tice instead of Loney. Tice is like the scapegoat for everything with some of you.

I just think Loney needs a couple of regular season games to get the play calling down. It's hard with him being the offensive line coach too and the O-line sucking for the most part of the game.

We should be OK against the Bengals.
    That's easy Big C. Tice said he was going to take a more active roll in calling the offense..

Also this is PROFFESSIONAL FOOTBALL, you are supposed to have your play calling down when you get hired. The O-line sucks and Loney is the O-line coach, also the offense sucked and he is the offensive coach. Is there a pattern here?

Cotrell is the defensive coach and his squad came ready to play. I don't think it is unrealistic to expect the same from the offense. Its obvious they weren't ready to play and that is the main job of a coach. To have your team ready to play. The same thing happened several times last year as well. I am tired of excuses being made for Tice. If the Vikes play a good game and lose, well that's football. But when they lose because they play a crappy poorly conceived game I think the fans have a right to complain. The reason a lot of people are jumping on this first game, I think, is because we saw a lot of poorly prepared games the last couple of years and are just not up for another year of that, especially when we have the personnel to be a really good team.

I would have picked choice #1 except we have no running game. :razz:
    I went with the Neandrathral choice.

WWBGD

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Actually...it's more like...see Jane "get me my beer, beeyotch", see Dick "sit on the recliner in front of the TV, belching and farting", see Spot "crapping all over the back yard"!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

1 game!
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12