Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

The Vikings playbook

I really wonder about the Vikings play calling. I only watched a few games this weekend, but the Vikings play calling seemed overly predictable. Am I just being overly harsh? It seems that either Meathead is holding back on the playbook or he has a playbook that was designed by a group of school-children during recess. Sure, it's early in the season, but I sure hope they're working on developing a wider array of calls on O and D. No, I'm not talking about the lame 'trick' plays, just a wider array of options.

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: The Vikings playbook

I chose the last one only because its the first time since sunday afternoon that i've smiled :grin:

Seriously on to the bungles. Time to get our roll on!

See Jane run, see jill run, see jack run, see jack catch jane and jill :3some:
    I.B.O.T. #213

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Option 6: Really, really badly utilized.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

We've just got to get better. ... Some of the things to me looked very fixable, and I think they can be fixed with a little attention to some steps and techniques. Some of it is, maybe we have too much on our plate, so we'll take some things [away]."
    (Star/Tribune 9-13)

So now Tice is gonna make it even simpler? It seems like that's his answer everytime things go wrong. I wonder if he's ever thought of being a better teacher. Isn't that the coaches job??? :sad:
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

What amazes me is that the game was within reach and the Vikings completely gave up on their running game. They didn't even give up on the running game, they didn't even try it. There were only 15 rushing attempts:

3/19 Culpepper
    6/15 Williams
    6/-1 Bennett

What is that all about? Sure, the Bucs D was schooling us, but come on, get the running game going or at least try to get the game going.

I am really fired up for the game this week. I heard Tice has trimmed down the play calling to: #1 (pass), #2 (run), and #3 (punt) for the offense. I hope that isn't too confusing.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Harsh crowd! Man we have a bunch of critics on here!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

Harsh crowd! Man we have a bunch of critics on here!
    What would you prefer? Something like this:

What a great game the Mighty Vikes played!!! I hope every game goes as well. Tice is a genius and the varity of plays reminded me of my favorite hotdish.

Culpepper is the man and I hope he continues to sit in the shotgun every play until he is sacked or turns it over.

GO VIKES. YOU'RE DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT!
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

Big C is offline Coordinator

I still don't see how you guys pin the offensive play calling on Tice instead of Loney. Tice is like the scapegoat for everything with some of you.

I just think Loney needs a couple of regular season games to get the playcalling down. It's hard with him being the offensive line coach too and the O-line sucking for the most part of the game.

We should be OK against the Bengals.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Minnesota has no RUN game. We are screwed until we develop a RUN game. We should of traded for Travis Henry when we had a chance. OSMith out for the year and losing Randy Moss was a huge blow to the Offense. The playbook is worthless because Moore and Bennett are too fragile.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I dont think the running game needs to be our "main" attack on offense...but without a doubt we need to get it goin...If we come out throwin like last week, thier gonna drop 7 and bring in 4. and any other team would run, but knowing us, we would Pass. Put in MeMo and Fason, and lets run it down thier throats!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast