Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings to play outside for all of 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1085971
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085952
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tanner2729" #1085908
    Good article from Show Your Horns Blog about the possibility of the Vikings playing at TCF in 2011 with fan reactions.

http://vikesfan-showyourhorns.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for the read my friend.

I'm not sure, however, I bet they figure out how to sell beer during the games if TCF is the path they take.
    Bet they haven't figured out parking & tailgating.
    Is it that bad? From thier website, it looks like there is lots of places to park and shuttles.

What am I missing here. Are all of the lots listed along ways away?

Here is a list of all the parking lots and ramps on the University of Minnesota East Bank that requires a parking pass:

Maroon Lot
    Gold Lot
    Gopher Lot
    University Ave Ramp
    Lot 33
    Victory Lot
    Minnesota Lot
    Ski-U-Mah Lot
    Northstar Lot
    Lot 37
    Lot C51
    Lot C55
    Lot C58
    4th Street Ramp
    Nolte Center Garage
    Church Street Garage
    Washington Avenue Ramp
    Oak Street Ramp
    East River Road Garage
    Weisman Art Museum Garage
    TCF Bank Stadium Info
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Gopher Football tickets has game tickets and tailgating passes available. Plan ahead for the 2011 season and purchase your tailgating passes early!
    Gopher Tailgating
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Parking wasn't easy to come by and was expensive. I paid $40 and was 3 blocks from the stadium.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

ohhh Mrs Anglo Vike won't be pleased, that would mean us having to make our visit in September or early October ... she doesn't do cold weather and late November onwards outdoors would be a definite no-no.. lol bless her
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1086219
    Parking wasn't easy to come by and was expensive. I paid $40 and was 3 blocks from the stadium.
    I didn't have a problem, found a lot about 5 blocks away for $20. Certainly it's not a big problem, just a minor inconvenience.

Phewwwwwwwww. I could live with the 3 blocks. Did they allow beverages?

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1086223
    I didn't have a problem, found a lot about 5 blocks away for $20. Certainly it's not a big problem, just a minor inconvenience.
    Thats even better than $40/3 Blocks.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086216
    Good article from Show Your Horns Blog about the possibility of the Vikings playing at TCF in 2011 with fan reactions.

I'm not sure, however, I bet they figure out how to sell beer during the games if TCF is the path they take.
    Is it that bad? From thier website, it looks like there is lots of places to park and shuttles.

I got there 2 hours early and struggled to find parking on the south side of the stadium - please remember, Marty, there are many points of ingress and egress involved in coming to a game. I found both a lot with spaces and a parking garage. At the lot, I was told "I have to hold those spaces for people with contracts" and at the garage I was told "You can only come in if you have a season parking pass".

In addition, many of the lots you list would, on game day, actually be filled with the cars of UofM STUDENTS.

Parking around TCF Bank Stadium *is* an issue and would be even moreso if the seating was expanded to accommodate more seating for the Vikings.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Erinnn is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086228
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086216

I got there 2 hours early and struggled to find parking on the south side of the stadium - please remember, Marty, there are many points of ingress and egress involved in coming to a game. I found both a lot with spaces and a parking garage. At the lot, I was told "I have to hold those spaces for people with contracts" and at the garage I was told "You can only come in if you have a season parking pass".

In addition, many of the lots you list would, on game day, actually be filled with the cars of UofM STUDENTS.

Parking around TCF Bank Stadium *is* an issue and would be even moreso if the seating was expanded to accommodate more seating for the Vikings.

=Z=
    During the whole game day organization fiasco I read that there were only 9,000 available parking spaces for TCF stadium. As Zeus said you need to factor in student cars that will be parked there. As a former U student there were several times where I went to park my car in a garage and there were no spaces available even though I had a parking pass for that lot.

If they kept the St. Paul lots available and operated the campus connector in the same manner as they did that Monday it would not be as much of an issue. But the cost may not be worth it. The otherside of this is that the U does not charge for parking on Sundays; however, they could put in a couple student workers for $8/hr in the ramp and rake in extra $$ on game day. Not sure if they could/would do that though.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Parking isn't a deal breaker in my mind. There are ways around it.
    Fact is there is a good chance the dome gets torn down and a new stadium is built on that site. If that is the case TCF is the only possible place for the vikings to play, at least that I know of.
    If they don't tear down the stadium there is no reason the Vikings can't play there in 2011.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast