Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings to play outside for all of 2011?

Will the Vikings move outside for all of 2011?

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-12/wild-nfl-weather/story/will-the-vikings-move-outside-for-all-of-2011#ixzz19JxCeWAr

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-12/wild-nfl-weather/story/will-the-vikings-move-outside-for-all-of-2011

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Vikings to play outside for all of 2011?

Sources: Vikings could play outside

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=5956782

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

What a clusterfuck.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

IMHO it would be a waste of money to do the repairs necessary to get the dome back in operation. While I am not in favor of the state committing too high of a percentage of the cost, it is much more prudent to take the money needed to repair the facility and commit it towards the new stadium instead.

If they do repair the dome they should do whatever it takes to make it serviceable to the vikings over the long term even if that means adding extra capacity to the upper levels for luxury suites etc before putting a roof back on it.

RK.
    RK. is online now Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Let me see..... the Vikes need a new stadium because the dome is the smallest venue at 60k seats in the NFL. So the solution is to play an entire year outside in a stadium that seats 45K. What a brilliant article.

WWBGD

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the reads you old Newshound.......Good to see you back on the hunt.

Bill Lester, executive director of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, told the Star-Tribune of Minneapolis later on Sunday that his group is only assessing damage to the Metrodome and not assessing whether the team should play outdoors next season.

"There has been zero discussion of playing the 2011 season outside and zero discussion of not having the stadium ready for the 2011 season," he told the newspaper.

ESPN, however, stands by its reporting on this story.
    Good old disney channel. On top of everything, even if it isn't accurate.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "RK." #1085783
    Let me see..... the Vikes need a new stadium because the dome is the smallest venue at 60k seats in the NFL. So the solution is to play an entire year outside in a stadium that seats 45K. What a brilliant article.
    Although.......

The Vikings should have no problem selling out the stadium in a year where they have no definite franchise QB.

Saves us blackouts perhaps? :side:

Bottom line though....I don't see the roof repair as being a huge issue. Certainly they should be able to repair/replace it by August or September of next year. They built the entire thing from the ground up in just over 2 years.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1085818
    The Vikings should have no problem selling out the stadium in a year where they have no definite franchise QB.
    But thats exactly what they will solve in the draft. They will take one of the top 4 with thier pick and then they will run him out there to learn on the field.

Lets hope they get a Matt Ryan instead of a Sanchize.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "RK." #1085783
    According to Wiki, it is not the smallest. In any case that is not the problem. The problem is the lack suites, and suite quality. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_stadiums

In fact the Vikings would not lose anything from selling 45,000 seats, or very little. All of that money goes to the NFL where it is pooled with every other teams ticket sales, then the entire amount is divided by 32 and redistributed(profit sharing).
    Suits, and club seating on the other hand goes directly to the individual team. Not sure how this would be effected by playing at TCF.

PS. don't take it as gospel, this is just my understanding of a complex situation, Nodak or others could probably explain it better. Also the system will likely change when a new CBA is reached.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1085780
    IMHO it would be a waste of money to do the repairs necessary to get the dome back in operation. While I am not in favor of the state committing too high of a percentage of the cost, it is much more prudent to take the money needed to repair the facility and commit it towards the new stadium instead.

If they do repair the dome they should do whatever it takes to make it serviceable to the vikings over the long term even if that means adding extra capacity to the upper levels for luxury suites etc before putting a roof back on it.
    It has been reported numerous times that there is no way to make the dome viable for the Vikings long term, other than tearing it down and reusing the foundation.
    Estimates are it will cost about 1.5million to repair the dome. I think you go ahead and do that so all the other scheduled events can take place. Even if they decide to tear it down in 6months I think it has to be done.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast