singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings' plan to use AD as a receiver might finally come to pass

Vikings' plan to use Adrian Peterson as a receiver might finally come to pass

Vikings' plan to use Adrian Peterson as a receiver might finally come to pass - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    It would be nice if we could figure a way to have AD leak out of the line to one side or the other and then hit him in space .... I think he could devastate the opposition ... not sure why we can't get this concept going.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I don't think he has grasped the concept of the passing game too well. An analyst made an observation this week that he still doesn't have the patience to let the plays develop. That is causing him to miss holes in the run game and also keeping him from being effective on screen passes.

It seems to me with the money he is making and the prominence he has, the he would be getting coached up on those things and that they would get them worked out. Unless he just doesn't have it in him. And if that is the case he is not worth the contract he signed.

AD for the most part has been 1 dimensional. He can catch the ball at times, but his hands aren't that good. He can't block very well either, so it limits the Vikings as to what we can do with him. Especially on 3rd downs.

Rambro987 is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    AD for the most part has been 1 dimensional. He can catch the ball at times, but his hands aren't that good. He can't block very well either, so it limits the Vikings as to what we can do with him. Especially on 3rd downs.
    YES!!!
    It's ridiculous as to why he has not developed this part of his game yet. He seems like a caveman to me at times.
    He first TD in the league was a screen against the Falcons, so he can do this! Although it was more of a standing catch, he just doesn't seem patient enough.
    None

APRunsAD is offline Waterboy
    For what it's worth, AD's hands were good today. He was targeted 5 times, and he caught all 5 passes for a team high of 76 yards. It seems like almost all of his pass attempts are swing passes, and he tends to look upfield a bit too prematurely sometimes. It seems like 75% of the Vikings offense is split between Peterson and Harvin, and I'm completely okay with mixing their roles a bit more. I'd say it worked quite well today.

Christian Ponder at QB is meaning more work for Adrian Peterson in Vikings passing game

Christian Ponder at QB is meaning more work for Adrian Peterson in Vikings passing game - The Washington Post

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Christian Ponder at QB is meaning more work for Adrian Peterson in Vikings passing game

Christian Ponder at QB is meaning more work for Adrian Peterson in Vikings passing game - The Washington Post
    For the first six weeks of the season, the Vikings’ best player was non-existent in the passing offense. He had just 12 catches for 49 yards.

“Sometimes I don’t get the ball and I’m like grrr I was wide open,” Peterson said recently.
    Well when you only average 4 yards per catch, I can understand why the don't like that scenario.

Now if the OC was smart & the pass would actually hit hit him on the fly & he could actually catch it on the fly, then they should get better YAC out of the play.

Throwing to him while he's standing still with 8 or 9 defenders in the box isn't going to result in much YAC, if any.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    I wouldn't say he isn't a very good blocker anymore, I wouldn't say he's great now either.

He's definitely improved that aspect of his game though, he used to be a liability on plays where he had to stay in and block, I definitely don't feel that way anymore. I've also seen him make a couple blocks this year that I thought were pretty gosh darnit nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jessejames09 View Post
    I wouldn't say he isn't a very good blocker anymore, I wouldn't say he's great now either.

He's definitely improved that aspect of his game though, he used to be a liability on plays where he had to stay in and block, I definitely don't feel that way anymore. I've also seen him make a couple blocks this year that I thought were pretty gosh darnit nice.
    I've also seen defenders blow past him while he just stood there this year. He's not afraid of contact, so one has to wonder what the problem is.