Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikings Percy Harvin is running toward NFL history

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings Percy Harvin is running toward NFL history

You gotta love Percy Harvin! He is well-known for his speed and quickness, but I think his toughness and strength is very underrated. He runs like a shorter version of Adrian Peterson and refuses to go down.

As for Harvin taking over punt return duties, I'm all for it if he can catch the ball as good as Greg Camarillo. It sounds weird just saying it, but I'm actually pleased with Camarillo returning punts because he is super consistant.

He is not that big play threat, but he knows when to call a fair catch, he ALWAYS catches the balls (yes, I'm looking at you Berrian) and never loses yards after the catch.

Right now I'm happy to see something consistent as opposed to the offense which has gone from worst to great in two games in a row now.

HEY wrote:
    You gotta love Percy Harvin! He is well-known for his speed and quickness, but I think his toughness and strength is very underrated. He runs like a shorter version of Adrian Peterson and refuses to go down.

As for Harvin taking over punt return duties, I'm all for it if he can catch the ball as good as Greg Camarillo. It sounds weird just saying it, but I'm actually pleased with Camarillo returning punts because he is super consistant.

He is not that big play threat, but he knows when to call a fair catch, he ALWAYS catches the balls (yes, I'm looking at you Berrian) and never loses yards after the catch.

Right now I'm happy to see something consistent as opposed to the offense which has gone from worst to great in two games in a row now.
    I hear ya on all points HEY. Good stuff. Just one comment though.

I don't want to see PH on punt returns. Way more dangerous and risky for a player doing that role than it is on KOffs.

Let Greg keep catching it so that it doesn't roll in favor of the kicking team and if, big if, he can get a few extra yards, thats OK as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

If you're serious about winning, you'll have Harvin return punts.

He's not a QB after all!!

The truth is, if you're playing a team with a dangerous punt return man and you counter with a guy that can reliably catch the ball and fall down......you give up a lot.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Infidel wrote:

The truth is, if you're playing a team with a dangerous punt return man and you counter with a guy that can reliably catch the ball and fall down......you give up a lot.
    Sure he isn't playing a critical position like QB, but his loss due to injury would be devastating IMHO.

Just taking away his impact as a KOff returner and you would see issues, but then you have consider what defenses wouldn't have to worry about with him on the field.

Besides, when I think Punt Return, I don't think TD. I think catch it and don't fumble it.

Here is something not approved for use on this site anymore, but it is a history of who returns punts for TD's.

Career Punt Return TD Leaders

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

Sure he isn't playing a critical position like QB, but his loss due to injury would be devastating IMHO.

Just taking away his impact as a KOff returner and you would see issues, but then you have consider what defenses wouldn't have to worry about with him on the field.

Besides, when I think Punt Return, I don't think TD. I think catch it and don't fumble it.

Here is something not approved for use on this site anymore, but it is a history of who returns punts for TD's.

Keep Harvin away from punt returns! Keep Berrian even farther away!

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

Sounds like a plan!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I don't know if it is our coverage or what, but I noticed during the Dallas game that Rio didn't have much time to return those punts. I think most returners probably would have called for the fair catch in at least a couple of those instances. Not Rio though, no, he grabbed it and dove forward for a six yard gain.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

+1

I love Harvin. The kid is just so tough, one play he will get nailed going across the middle but he just gets up and shakes it off and gets back in the huddle!

Definitely one of our best draft picks in recent years.

delviking is offline Starter

harvin is just a little spit fire of a player.
    i like the way our special teams have been playing of late just read a article about Farwell being singled out during the dallas games.
    i like Camarillo as our punt man sure handed plus he always seem to go for the sidelines so even if the ball gets punched out on him it more likely to go outta bounds so we keep the ball.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast