Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nodakvikesfan is offline Training Camp

vikings pending sale

what do you all think about the vikings pending sale? is it red trying to push taylor to up his price or are we seeing the last of the minnesota vikiings?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: vikings pending sale

"nodakvikesfan" wrote:
    what do you all think about the vikings pending sale? is it red trying to push taylor to up his price or are we seeing the last of the minnesota vikiings?
    This is probably what nodak's talking about. There was no response to this post. It looks like he posted it early in the morning. I generally am not able to get on the sight until I get home in the evening..., by then it had moved to page 2 and I might not ever see it. I'm sure that's what happened with most of us. I don't think it was personal.

I did take the name calling personal though..., thanks pal

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

vikings pending sale

It's a good topic though because there has been some news about a Vikings sale lately. Some obscure businessman in Arizona named Reggie Fowler is trying to decide about whether to make a formal offer according to VU. He's black and would be the first minority owner in the NFL if he did buy the Vikings.

I personally believe that no one will match Red's offer of $600 million any time soon. But I also think if someone makes a formal offer and negotiations begin that Red will be willing to drop that price if the stadium situation completely goes to hell, even more than it already has. I agree that if Wolves owner Glen Taylor bought the Vikings he'd have a much easier time getting the new stadium.

No matter what I think the Vikings will stay in Minnesota. When the NFL commissioner says he wants the Vikings to stay in Minnesota that does have an influence on business done.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

vikings pending sale

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    It's a good topic though because there has been some news about a Vikings sale lately. Some obscure businessman in Arizona named Reggie Fowler is trying to decide about whether to make a formal offer according to VU. He's black and would be the first minority owner in the NFL if he did buy the Vikings.

I personally believe that no one will match Red's offer of $600 million any time soon. But I also think if someone makes a formal offer and negotiations begin that Red will be willing to drop that price if the stadium situation completely goes to hell, even more than it already has. I agree that if Wolves owner Glen Taylor bought the Vikings he'd have a much easier time getting the new stadium.

No matter what I think the Vikings will stay in Minnesota. When the NFL commissioner says he wants the Vikings to stay in Minnesota that does have an influence on business done.

Yeah, I agree with you SD. I don't see any way that the team will leave minnesota, if there is a sale or even if there isn't for that matter. I really would like to see glenn taylor buy the team, but wouldn't mind if this fowler guy bought them. He sounds like a good guy, who never wants to be in the spotlight, which is the opposite of Red. I have read up on this fowler guy, and he seems like he would be a much better owner than Red is. Also taylor said that he wouldn't get into a bidding war with fowler, that he would gladly let him buy the team, so I don't see this as something to get a bigger offer from taylor.

Either way, I want Red to sell the team and sell it ASAP. I hate Red so much!

I also took the *sshole comment very personal, but look, I can still be civil and chat like an adult.

desertviking is offline Training Camp

vikings pending sale

I agree with all of you I do want Red to sell I don't want the team moved!!
    But Here is a litte gossip that has been floating around down here in AZ.
    Keep in mind this is just information that has been floating around down here from a source to a source to a bar conversation and so on and so forth.

There is no sign yet of a formal offer coming to the table but if it does the signs for now point to moving the Vikings upon completion of the new Cardinal stadium down here and kicking Bidwell out of another city with that crappy team. More than likley to L.A.

Keep in mind that this information is just gossip and is not confirmed but it the main topic of discussion in almost every sports bar and gathering down here right now!!!
    Are You Going To Bark All Day Little Doggie????
    Or Are You Going To Bite???

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

vikings pending sale

"desertviking" wrote:
    moving the Vikings upon completion of the new Cardinal stadium down here and kicking Bidwell out of another city with that crappy team. More than likley to L.A.
    It would make sense because there's more Vikes fans in Arizona than Cardinals fans. LOL The Vikings playing in Cardinal stadium just doesn't sound right.

Then there's still the lease issue, and the written agreement by the NFL that guarantees a team playing in the Metrodome through the year 2011. My understanding is the NFL would have to replace the Vikings with another franchise. I can guarantee you that if Red could have broken the lease he would already be long gone. The fact is the league couldn't approve the move of the Vikings.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Big Daddy is offline Starter

vikings pending sale

I just hope, WHOEVER the new owner is and whenever the Viks get one, that they are NOT a business oriented owner like Red whose sole purpose is to make a profit. I want an owner who is as committed to winning a SB as we the fans are.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

desertviking is offline Training Camp

vikings pending sale

Skoll you sound like me in the conversations that I have had down here concerning that issue. There is no possible way that it will happen but I just had to share some of the fat chewing that goes on down here.

You know when it is 112 :sunny: degrees through the summer down here our brains get a little fried :banghead: And we have to talk about silly sh@t!!!!!

I wish you could have seen Sun Devil Stadium last year It was a Sea of PURPLE.
    Are You Going To Bark All Day Little Doggie????
    Or Are You Going To Bite???

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

vikings pending sale

First, there is no pending sale. The Arizona group has made no offer, as far as we know, to buy the team. I'm sure the group is legit. Right now, there is nowhere to move a team. Even with all the talk about moving A team to LA, there really isn't a suitable facility, and the taxpayers don't seem to want to pay for one.

A "smart" potential owner, sensing a stadium deal is not too far in the future, could be looking to lock in a sure profit by buying the team now. Without a stadium deal, the team is worth less than what Red wants, but probably more than Taylor is offering. Assuming a new stadium with a favorable lease and revenue streams increases the value of the team by $100-$150 million, someone with $500 million to spend now might be able to resell in five years for a certain profit.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

vikings pending sale

"desertviking" wrote:
    You know when it is 112 :sunny: degrees through the summer down here our brains get a little fried :banghead: And we have to talk about silly sh@t!!!!!

I wish you could have seen Sun Devil Stadium last year It was a Sea of PURPLE.
    Now it really isn't 112 ALL summer. I was just there visiting my girlfriend and it was only like 100 (which feels like about what 80 feels like here because it's a dry heat. I have heard that it was up that high, but not the whole summer). just thought I'd straighten that out. :thumbright:

Also, I wish I could have been there last year just to see it in person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast