Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings' Pat Williams relishes return to playoffs

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/01/20/williams/

Man in the middle: Vikings' Pat Williams relishes return to playoffs
    Don Banks
    Posted: Wednesday January 20, 2010 12:40PM; Updated: Wednesday January 20, 2010 12:40PM

Now that it's over, Pat Williams knows the wait was worth it. Now that he has tasted victory in the NFL playoffs after 13 long years of doing without, he knows nothing else really compares.

"All those years, I always wondered if I'd get there," Williams, the veteran Vikings defensive tackle, told me this week. "I wondered if I'd ever get the opportunity again. All I ever wanted was to win a playoff game, and get a chance to get to that Super Bowl. Last Sunday against Dallas, I never felt like that before, with that kind of adrenaline. I never felt nothing like that in the whole world out there."

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings' Pat Williams relishes return to playoffs

..."When I came here, there were a lot of good guys, but the chemistry wasn't good,' Williams said. "After my first year here, I doubted whether I'd made the right decision. When I first came here, it wasn't even like a pro team. It was terrible.

"But since Zygi came in, with the new coaching staff, and an owner willing to spend the money for good players and make things first class, everything changed. They got the chemistry right, and basically everybody fell in and got behind coach Childress.'...
    I like articles that have direct quotes instead of being laced with opinion from some hack. You have enough patience and the truth comes out, not that most didn't know it already. Tice/McCombs was a nightmare era. The disarray on the team near the end of meathead's era was almost unbearable for Phat Pat, that says a lot.

The team has been heading in the right direction since Childress uttered his first words in his acceptance speech as HC, it starts with the lines. That is exactly how they will pound the Saints into oblivion this weekend.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain