Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings' passing offense finally producing

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' passing offense finally producing[/size]

Vikings finally have offensive balance as quarterback Jackson has third consecutive solid game

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/02/2007 11:51:35 PM CST

The Vikings' run offense has been ranked in the top 10 the entire season and No. 1 in six of the past seven weeks......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Vikings' passing offense finally producing

[size=13pt]Familiarity is breeding flexibility in Vikings offense[/size]

The Vikings' West Coast offense previously appeared to be rigid under Brad Childress, but no one has been complaining of late

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: December 04, 2007 – 12:28 AM

Finally, the Vikings have found a way around the cement wall. In football terms (and we're talking some high-level thinking here), that explanation is as good as any for tracing the stunning improvement of the offense during the past two months....

[size=13pt]Confidence, points come into focus for Minnesota Vikings[/size]

Vikings scoring freely in three-game surge

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/04/2007 12:41:36 AM CST

Averaging 37.3 points the past three games has made the Vikings one of the top 10 scoring teams in the NFL....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:

The Vikings' West Coast offense previously appeared to be rigid under Brad Childress, but no one has been complaining of late

Finally, the Vikings have found a way around the cement wall. In football terms (and we're talking some high-level thinking here), that explanation is as good as any for tracing the stunning improvement of the offense during the past two months....
    A very nice read my friend.

A scheme change or the same scheme with the players finally seeing it and executing?
    Cause one to wonder doesn't it?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Confidence, points come into focus for Minnesota Vikings[/size]

Vikings scoring freely in three-game surge

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/04/2007 12:41:36 AM CST

Averaging 37.3 points the past three games has made the Vikings one of the top 10 scoring teams in the NFL....

Hmmmm, seems to me some fat bald guy has been saying something to that effect for awhile.
    Lets hope the young Jedi can stay healthy my friends.

..........Bobby Wade added that one of the keys has been continuity at quarterback.

"It's hard when you're switching quarterbacks," Wade said. "Having a consistent body in there, and him seeing those reps, allows you to practice better."
    This next one is just another sign of a well coached team my friends.
    Props to the coaching staff (and not just the Chiller).
    ;D

Briefly: Childress said a game official complimented him on the blocking of his receivers. "I believe the wide receivers blocked probably as well as I have seen," Childress said.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

A scheme change or the same scheme with the players finally seeing it and executing?
    :
    These adjustments have emerged on various stages. Childress, for one, described nearly imperceptible changes that have helped receivers get open.
    Adjustments & allowing players more flexibility.

Now, Childress said, players "have the flexibility to be able to circle the wall." He added: "There is a tremendous flexibility, but you have to learn it.
    Adjustments Marrdro.....adjustments. Not a change to the the scheme....adjusting it to allow players more flexibility.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

:
    I just feel that the coaches have made some adjustments to accomodate players abilities - though not making that public. So in a way both sides have been shown to be right about certain aspects of the offensive scheming - the coaches have their plans and wants included but the players now have the go-ahead to make some subtle changes within the schemes as they feel are needed. The bottom line is compromise and finally there is some being seen in this team and the results are evident for themselves.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

:
    These adjustments have emerged on various stages. Childress, for one, described nearly imperceptible changes that have helped receivers get open.
    Adjustments & allowing players more flexibility.

Now, Childress said, players "have the flexibility to be able to circle the wall." He added: "There is a tremendous flexibility, but you have to learn it.
    Adjustments Marrdro.....adjustments. Not a change to the the scheme....adjusting it to allow players more flexibility.
    No no no.....

Players learning the flexibility within the scheme........ ;D

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

:
    I just feel that the coaches have made some adjustments to accomodate players abilities - though not making that public. So in a way both sides have been shown to be right about certain aspects of the offensive scheming - the coaches have their plans and wants included but the players now have the go-ahead to make some subtle changes within the schemes as they feel are needed. The bottom line is compromise and finally there is some being seen in this team and the results are evident for themselves.
    Yes, Singer falls on the floor, there probably have been a few tweaks here and there but why won't people give the credit to the players?

The coaches are still coaching the same scheme, the players are catching on and executing, the coaches open more of the playbook, the players execute those plays, the coaches open more of the playbook the players execute those plays........eventually you have a real football team on your hands my friends.

Seriously, the credit is all upon the players for actually catching on.
    Patience as the team gets time and reps/expierence.......Isn't that what the owner and the coaching staff said?

Purple D is offline Starter

Maybe the KAO light has clicked on in all of the players heads right now and they all are on the same page?
    Our offense is picking up steam, watch out, here it comes, we're coming, its the KAO all the way!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Sorry.
    Just got excited and a little carried away.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast