Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Can't get it to open either but I don't really need to........

As teams have watched tape they have figured out where ole Gussy boy is gonna be based on his mobility and they have just crashed to that spot.

Even though Gus still has the arm to go deep, we are almost back to the point we were with BJ.
    Teams just need to load it up, and come after him and play the short passes because they know were to get after him at.

(not sure if that makes sense after I typed it but don't know how to say it better).

:'(
    It makes perfect sense. The only one that has in a couple days.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

As teams have watched tape they have figured out where ole Gussy boy is gonna be based on his mobility and they have just crashed to that spot.

Even though Gus still has the arm to go deep, we are almost back to the point we were with BJ.
    Teams just need to load it up, and come after him and play the short passes because they know were to get after him at.

(not sure if that makes sense after I typed it but don't know how to say it better).

It makes perfect sense. The only one that has in a couple days.
    LOL, I will get you to come around to my way of thinking about things my friend.
    Key word is thinking with an idea around original thought vice what the liberal press keeps spewing at us.

Don't buy into the drivel.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Imagine what would happen if we could have a staff that was capable of looking at an opponent and then putting together a game plan that would take away their strenghts and capitalize on their weaknesses....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Imagine what would happen if we could have a staff that was capable of looking at an opponent and then putting together a game plan that would take away their strenghts and capitalize on their weaknesses....
    What we would have is our opponents staff.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    What we would have is our opponents staff.
    Whatever works

ragz is offline GM

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

yup yup, and its probably why a couple of his short passes ended up going for big gains earlier on cuz they were coming.
    but they were doing that from the beginning.
    only difference now is hes not getting the balls there, or not even throwing them and taking sacks.
    i dont think they had to watch a whole lot of film, plus i dont really feel like hes been under tremendous pressure.
    i think our line has done a good job of giving him time, he just has held the ball to long on alot of the shots hes taken.

i get the feeling that childress gave the old we are better off punting then turning the ball over speech, and now dumping 2 yard passes on 3rd and ten is our offensive game plan.
    doenst sound like a bad idea, but most teams need to score points offensively if they are gonna win so it will probably catch up to us much like it did at the end of last year, and beginning of this year.

Here's one of those topics that ragz and I agree on.

I think its a three headed monster.

1:
    Childress blows goats and his KAO is actually a SAO....this is nothing we didn't already know.

2:
    Gus has been less accurate each week, missing guys by a lOT.

3:
    The receivers aren't seperating.
    We've had this problem for years - ever since Moss was traded.
    Our receivers have a tough time seperating from the coverage.
    While other teams players can seem to find holes in the opposing zones, our guys can't.
    And while other teams receivers can run routes that break defenders off of coverage, ours never do.
    One of the sacks versus Jacksonville, the announcers called it a coverage sack (The picture never showed the receivers, just Gus going down)...but based on who was announcing, I'm taking his word for it.

And when is the last time anyone saw one of our receivers go in motion to avoid being bumped at the line?

Bottom line, our receivers don't get open.
    When they do, Gus can't hit them like he did earlier.
    And Childress is a flooptard.

That's three tough obstacles to overcome.

Caine
    all true, except i dont know if id blame wrs for too much.
    i mean i could see if balls were getting thrown to them and they weren't open, but our number one(berrian) over the last 3 weeks we aren't even attempting to throw at.
    and is it me or does wade really not bring anything to the table.
    i mean hes supposed to be this slot guy whose got some juke, meanwhile he drops at least a 3rd of the balls thrown his way, and how much yac does he ever get, and then factor in that you never see him with a whole lot of separation and i dont get it.

to me the vikes are better off giving allison and rice more looks.
    but to be honest i dont know how much it would matter with childress running things, and ferrotte throwing.
    it should be interesting this week though since we threw so effectively, minus 4 picks, the first time around.
    you gotta figure if we struggle again, we are in freefall passing wise.

and ej, i dont think you have to know a whole lot about what goes on behind the scenes to know that our qbs have consistently performed statistically the same way.
    i could see if it was one qb over the course of a season, but 5 qbs over the course of 3 seasons, all struggling to have even mediocre games.
    i mean how many times do you have to see 20 attempt games with 130 yds and no tds before you start to think that maybe the system isn't that effective.
    qb is of course important, but you shouldn't need peyton manning to be able to put together any semblance of a passing game.
    especially when you've probably been facing 8 man fronts for all 3 years.
    I dont get it?

Wade has been our most consistant reciever for the last two years.

You dont need Peyton Manning to run this offense.
    You need a quarterback that is as smart as Gus but yet mobile like Jackson.
    Which isnt really saying much at all.

The problem is our quarterback, and there is no if, ands or buts about it.
    he's been on the field more than any wr on our team, and whats he got 2 tds, and what big play or impact over 37 games has he made.
    so i'm supposed to be impressed cuz hes caught the most 5 yard curls on our team over the last 2 years?
    no wonder
    our pass game doesn't get better when those are the expectations.

and gus's smarts?
    hes an interception machine, he makes as many bad decisions as good if not more.
    and were not talking about the saints pass offense, we are talking about any pass offense.
    i'm sick of hearing about qb as if 31 other teams, including several of their backups can find a passing game and we can't.
    we've seen rookies, 7th round picks, undrafted picks, vinny testeverde outta retirement, castoff veteran qbs who haven't done squat in years, and whoever else find some success, but i guess we've been the one team that hasn't been able to even get one to work even moderately with a top notch run offense.
    so when i think of the most consistent problem with our offense that hasn't changed it still comes back to childress.
    we still look way too much like the 2006 vikes even after all our additions.
    would i like to get a no doubt legit qb?
    of course.
    but our problems have persisted cuz childress can't find a way, while so many other teams have, and alot had to do so on the fly.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

"ragz" wrote:
    he's been on the field more than any wr on our team, and whats he got 2 tds, and what big play or impact over 37 games has he made.
    so i'm supposed to be impressed cuz hes caught the most 5 yard curls on our team over the last 2 years?
    no wonder

......snip......
    You do realize that B-wade isn't here to stretch the field or be a red zone threat right?
    Seems to me the guy that is/was supposed to be doing that all year has been on the bench/injured all year.

B-wade has been a nice fit this year when Gussy Boy was on.
    Get a QB that can hit him with the timing routes, in stride and I think you will continue to see improvement (as we have seen with the use of Shanc) in this scheme.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    no wonder

......snip......
    You do realize that B-wade isn't here to stretch the field or be a red zone threat right?
    Seems to me the guy that is/was supposed to be doing that all year has been on the bench/injured all year.

Get a QB that can hit him with the timing routes, in stride and I think you will continue to see improvement (as we have seen with the use of Shanc) in this scheme.
    The issue I have with B wade is he seems to drop at least 1 pass every game.
    He seems to have the Williamson disease this year.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    no wonder

......snip......

Well he has dropped a few, however the ones (at least most of them) that I've seen have come in on him hot and behind.
    When that happens in traffic, which is were B-wade lives, a few are gonna hit the turf.

To solve that, the QB needs to read-react to the route and hit him in stride and not on the back shoulder pad.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    no wonder

......snip......

Well he has dropped a few, however the ones (at least most of them) that I've seen have come in on him hot and behind.
    When that happens in traffic, which is were B-wade lives, a few are gonna hit the turf.

To solve that, the QB needs to read-react to the route and hit him in stride and not on the back shoulder pad.
    Maybe true for a couple of them but most of what I saw have been in his hands.
    He's been catching the ball with his gut istead of his hands.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast