Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Can't get it to open either but I don't really need to........

    As teams have watched tape they have figured out where ole Gussy boy is gonna be based on his mobility and they have just crashed to that spot.

    Even though Gus still has the arm to go deep, we are almost back to the point we were with BJ.
    Teams just need to load it up, and come after him and play the short passes because they know were to get after him at.

    (not sure if that makes sense after I typed it but don't know how to say it better).
    :'(
    yup yup, and its probably why a couple of his short passes ended up going for big gains earlier on cuz they were coming.
    but they were doing that from the beginning.
    only difference now is hes not getting the balls there, or not even throwing them and taking sacks.
    i dont think they had to watch a whole lot of film, plus i dont really feel like hes been under tremendous pressure.
    i think our line has done a good job of giving him time, he just has held the ball to long on alot of the shots hes taken.


    i get the feeling that childress gave the old we are better off punting then turning the ball over speech, and now dumping 2 yard passes on 3rd and ten is our offensive game plan.
    doenst sound like a bad idea, but most teams need to score points offensively if they are gonna win so it will probably catch up to us much like it did at the end of last year, and beginning of this year.
    Here's one of those topics that ragz and I agree on.

    I think its a three headed monster.

    1:
    Childress blows goats and his KAO is actually a SAO....this is nothing we didn't already know.

    2:
    Gus has been less accurate each week, missing guys by a lOT.


    3:
    The receivers aren't seperating.
    We've had this problem for years - ever since Moss was traded.
    Our receivers have a tough time seperating from the coverage.
    While other teams players can seem to find holes in the opposing zones, our guys can't.
    And while other teams receivers can run routes that break defenders off of coverage, ours never do.
    One of the sacks versus Jacksonville, the announcers called it a coverage sack (The picture never showed the receivers, just Gus going down)...but based on who was announcing, I'm taking his word for it.

    And when is the last time anyone saw one of our receivers go in motion to avoid being bumped at the line?

    Bottom line, our receivers don't get open.
    When they do, Gus can't hit them like he did earlier.
    And Childress is a flooptard.

    That's three tough obstacles to overcome.

    Caine
    The problem is and always has been the wrong personnel for his offense since he took over and that is still killing the team.
    I can only agree with the QB portion of this.
    Everyone else at the skilled positions seem to work very well in the WCO.
    Hence they are getting YAC.
    I haven't seen one long TD to where it was a flat out bomb.
    Everyone of them were because of YAC.
    That is what the WCO is all about.

    As far as blaming Childress and the rest of the FO, I will revert back to the QB sistuation.
    That and the fact that Caine is correct in we don't see allot of motion is part of the problem.
    You cannot blame the lack of offense for Chilly being a flooptard or anything else you want to call him.
    His offense was working very well for several weeks.
    Marrdro made a good point in that teams studied films to see Gus' stregnths and now they are taking that away.
    The fact that Gus started rolling out a little tells me they did try to adjust.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be one of Gus' strong points.

    As many of you know I have been backing Childress up.
    Not because I like the guy or think he is a great HC but mainly because of the fact I do not know (nor does anyone on this site) allot of material behind the scenes.
    I will say this.
    The game against the Bears this week should give me a good indication in my feelings and thoughts towards Childress.
    I say that because it is the most important game since he has been here and I want to see how he and the team responds to the challenge.
    I may be singing a whole different tune next week but for now I stand with my thoughts.
    How about Peterson? The WCO relies on the back catching passes out of the backfield and also to be an effective pass blocker. Does he fit that role very well?

    Also, how about the wr's. They need to get off the ball fast and run precise routes and to develop timing with the QB in order to develop a rhythm in the passing game. Overall I don't see enough of this to be an effective unit.

  2. #12
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49239.msg869815#msg869815 date=1227702806]
    Can't get it to open either but I don't really need to........

    As teams have watched tape they have figured out where ole Gussy boy is gonna be based on his mobility and they have just crashed to that spot.

    Even though Gus still has the arm to go deep, we are almost back to the point we were with BJ.
    Teams just need to load it up, and come after him and play the short passes because they know were to get after him at.

    (not sure if that makes sense after I typed it but don't know how to say it better).

    :'(
    yup yup, and its probably why a couple of his short passes ended up going for big gains earlier on cuz they were coming.
    but they were doing that from the beginning.
    only difference now is hes not getting the balls there, or not even throwing them and taking sacks.
    i dont think they had to watch a whole lot of film, plus i dont really feel like hes been under tremendous pressure.
    i think our line has done a good job of giving him time, he just has held the ball to long on alot of the shots hes taken.


    i get the feeling that childress gave the old we are better off punting then turning the ball over speech, and now dumping 2 yard passes on 3rd and ten is our offensive game plan.
    doenst sound like a bad idea, but most teams need to score points offensively if they are gonna win so it will probably catch up to us much like it did at the end of last year, and beginning of this year.

    Here's one of those topics that ragz and I agree on.

    I think its a three headed monster.

    1:
    Childress blows goats and his KAO is actually a SAO....this is nothing we didn't already know.

    2:
    Gus has been less accurate each week, missing guys by a lOT.


    3:
    The receivers aren't seperating.
    We've had this problem for years - ever since Moss was traded.
    Our receivers have a tough time seperating from the coverage.
    While other teams players can seem to find holes in the opposing zones, our guys can't.
    And while other teams receivers can run routes that break defenders off of coverage, ours never do.
    One of the sacks versus Jacksonville, the announcers called it a coverage sack (The picture never showed the receivers, just Gus going down)...but based on who was announcing, I'm taking his word for it.

    And when is the last time anyone saw one of our receivers go in motion to avoid being bumped at the line?

    Bottom line, our receivers don't get open.
    When they do, Gus can't hit them like he did earlier.
    And Childress is a flooptard.

    That's three tough obstacles to overcome.

    Caine
    The problem is and always has been the wrong personnel for his offense since he took over and that is still killing the team.
    I can only agree with the QB portion of this.
    Everyone else at the skilled positions seem to work very well in the WCO.
    Hence they are getting YAC.
    I haven't seen one long TD to where it was a flat out bomb.
    Everyone of them were because of YAC.
    That is what the WCO is all about.

    As far as blaming Childress and the rest of the FO, I will revert back to the QB sistuation.
    That and the fact that Caine is correct in we don't see allot of motion is part of the problem.
    You cannot blame the lack of offense for Chilly being a flooptard or anything else you want to call him.
    His offense was working very well for several weeks.
    Marrdro made a good point in that teams studied films to see Gus' stregnths and now they are taking that away.
    The fact that Gus started rolling out a little tells me they did try to adjust.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be one of Gus' strong points.

    As many of you know I have been backing Childress up.
    Not because I like the guy or think he is a great HC but mainly because of the fact I do not know (nor does anyone on this site) allot of material behind the scenes.
    I will say this.
    The game against the Bears this week should give me a good indication in my feelings and thoughts towards Childress.
    I say that because it is the most important game since he has been here and I want to see how he and the team responds to the challenge.
    I may be singing a whole different tune next week but for now I stand with my thoughts.
    How about Peterson? The WCO relies on the back catching passes out of the backfield and also to be an effective pass blocker. Does he fit that role very well?

    Also, how about the wr's. They need to get off the ball fast and run precise routes and to develop timing with the QB in order to develop a rhythm in the passing game. Overall I don't see enough of this to be an effective unit.
    [/quote]

    Good point on Peterson but even still he is effective.
    I wouldn't want to lose him because of it.
    The WRs they have actually have the capabilities needed.
    I think part of the problem is what someone (I think Caine) stated earlier in that they rarely go in motion which make it difficult to gain separation.
    Even still with out QB situation I think the the yards Berrian has will show he fits the system.
    Rice has been injured all year but we saw what he could do last year.
    Wade seems to get open he just needs to be more consistent catching the ball.
    The TE has made great strides.

    We have see they can be effective.
    I think the main issue is the QB right now.

  3. #13
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

    "Caine" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Can't get it to open either but I don't really need to........

    As teams have watched tape they have figured out where ole Gussy boy is gonna be based on his mobility and they have just crashed to that spot.

    Even though Gus still has the arm to go deep, we are almost back to the point we were with BJ.
    Teams just need to load it up, and come after him and play the short passes because they know were to get after him at.

    (not sure if that makes sense after I typed it but don't know how to say it better).

    :'(
    yup yup, and its probably why a couple of his short passes ended up going for big gains earlier on cuz they were coming.
    but they were doing that from the beginning.
    only difference now is hes not getting the balls there, or not even throwing them and taking sacks.
    i dont think they had to watch a whole lot of film, plus i dont really feel like hes been under tremendous pressure.
    i think our line has done a good job of giving him time, he just has held the ball to long on alot of the shots hes taken.


    i get the feeling that childress gave the old we are better off punting then turning the ball over speech, and now dumping 2 yard passes on 3rd and ten is our offensive game plan.
    doenst sound like a bad idea, but most teams need to score points offensively if they are gonna win so it will probably catch up to us much like it did at the end of last year, and beginning of this year.

    Here's one of those topics that ragz and I agree on.

    I think its a three headed monster.

    1:
    Childress blows goats and his KAO is actually a SAO....this is nothing we didn't already know.

    2:
    Gus has been less accurate each week, missing guys by a lOT.


    3:
    The receivers aren't seperating.
    We've had this problem for years - ever since Moss was traded.
    Our receivers have a tough time seperating from the coverage.
    While other teams players can seem to find holes in the opposing zones, our guys can't.
    And while other teams receivers can run routes that break defenders off of coverage, ours never do.
    One of the sacks versus Jacksonville, the announcers called it a coverage sack (The picture never showed the receivers, just Gus going down)...but based on who was announcing, I'm taking his word for it.

    And when is the last time anyone saw one of our receivers go in motion to avoid being bumped at the line?

    Bottom line, our receivers don't get open.
    When they do, Gus can't hit them like he did earlier.
    And Childress is a flooptard.

    That's three tough obstacles to overcome.

    Caine
    all true, except i dont know if id blame wrs for too much.
    i mean i could see if balls were getting thrown to them and they weren't open, but our number one(berrian) over the last 3 weeks we aren't even attempting to throw at.
    and is it me or does wade really not bring anything to the table.
    i mean hes supposed to be this slot guy whose got some juke, meanwhile he drops at least a 3rd of the balls thrown his way, and how much yac does he ever get, and then factor in that you never see him with a whole lot of separation and i dont get it.
    to me the vikes are better off giving allison and rice more looks.
    but to be honest i dont know how much it would matter with childress running things, and ferrotte throwing.
    it should be interesting this week though since we threw so effectively, minus 4 picks, the first time around.
    you gotta figure if we struggle again, we are in freefall passing wise.

    and ej, i dont think you have to know a whole lot about what goes on behind the scenes to know that our qbs have consistently performed statistically the same way.
    i could see if it was one qb over the course of a season, but 5 qbs over the course of 3 seasons, all struggling to have even mediocre games.
    i mean how many times do you have to see 20 attempt games with 130 yds and no tds before you start to think that maybe the system isn't that effective.
    qb is of course important, but you shouldn't need peyton manning to be able to put together any semblance of a passing game.
    especially when you've probably been facing 8 man fronts for all 3 years.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  4. #14
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

    "ragz" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Can't get it to open either but I don't really need to........

    As teams have watched tape they have figured out where ole Gussy boy is gonna be based on his mobility and they have just crashed to that spot.

    Even though Gus still has the arm to go deep, we are almost back to the point we were with BJ.
    Teams just need to load it up, and come after him and play the short passes because they know were to get after him at.

    (not sure if that makes sense after I typed it but don't know how to say it better).

    :'(
    yup yup, and its probably why a couple of his short passes ended up going for big gains earlier on cuz they were coming.
    but they were doing that from the beginning.
    only difference now is hes not getting the balls there, or not even throwing them and taking sacks.
    i dont think they had to watch a whole lot of film, plus i dont really feel like hes been under tremendous pressure.
    i think our line has done a good job of giving him time, he just has held the ball to long on alot of the shots hes taken.


    i get the feeling that childress gave the old we are better off punting then turning the ball over speech, and now dumping 2 yard passes on 3rd and ten is our offensive game plan.
    doenst sound like a bad idea, but most teams need to score points offensively if they are gonna win so it will probably catch up to us much like it did at the end of last year, and beginning of this year.

    Here's one of those topics that ragz and I agree on.

    I think its a three headed monster.

    1:
    Childress blows goats and his KAO is actually a SAO....this is nothing we didn't already know.

    2:
    Gus has been less accurate each week, missing guys by a lOT.


    3:
    The receivers aren't seperating.
    We've had this problem for years - ever since Moss was traded.
    Our receivers have a tough time seperating from the coverage.
    While other teams players can seem to find holes in the opposing zones, our guys can't.
    And while other teams receivers can run routes that break defenders off of coverage, ours never do.
    One of the sacks versus Jacksonville, the announcers called it a coverage sack (The picture never showed the receivers, just Gus going down)...but based on who was announcing, I'm taking his word for it.

    And when is the last time anyone saw one of our receivers go in motion to avoid being bumped at the line?

    Bottom line, our receivers don't get open.
    When they do, Gus can't hit them like he did earlier.
    And Childress is a flooptard.

    That's three tough obstacles to overcome.

    Caine
    all true, except i dont know if id blame wrs for too much.
    i mean i could see if balls were getting thrown to them and they weren't open, but our number one(berrian) over the last 3 weeks we aren't even attempting to throw at.
    and is it me or does wade really not bring anything to the table.
    i mean hes supposed to be this slot guy whose got some juke, meanwhile he drops at least a 3rd of the balls thrown his way, and how much yac does he ever get, and then factor in that you never see him with a whole lot of separation and i dont get it.
    to me the vikes are better off giving allison and rice more looks.
    but to be honest i dont know how much it would matter with childress running things, and ferrotte throwing.
    it should be interesting this week though since we threw so effectively, minus 4 picks, the first time around.
    you gotta figure if we struggle again, we are in freefall passing wise.

    and ej, i dont think you have to know a whole lot about what goes on behind the scenes to know that our qbs have consistently performed statistically the same way.
    i could see if it was one qb over the course of a season, but 5 qbs over the course of 3 seasons, all struggling to have even mediocre games.
    i mean how many times do you have to see 20 attempt games with 130 yds and no tds before you start to think that maybe the system isn't that effective.
    qb is of course important, but you shouldn't need peyton manning to be able to put together any semblance of a passing game.
    especially when you've probably been facing 8 man fronts for all 3 years.
    I see your point but then again what QB was there to validate it?
    That is the problem.
    We have nothing to go by.
    The only thing I can think of is Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger in Dallas.
    Got to say they didn;t do any better there than they did here.

  5. #15
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,915

    Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

    I blame the problem on play design and calling. If your WRs arent gettign seperation it's because your defense knows whats coming each week. Defenses are being keyed on something in play design. Like too many hitches, too not ewnough slants, no drags etc. I don't belive that we use the entire field on passing plays. Imrove that and no defense can cover sideline to sideline.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

    i blame our play calling lack of a offencive line.

    we run like the same plays over and over. and we need to change things up so they cant just zero in on specific things.

    we gotta run diffrent routes, we need to use more play action, and we need hicks to step up his game at right tackle for us to be a successful offence i believe

  7. #17
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    [quote author=ragz link=topic=49239.msg869817#msg869817 date=1227703364]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49239.msg869815#msg869815 date=1227702806]
    Can't get it to open either but I don't really need to........

    As teams have watched tape they have figured out where ole Gussy boy is gonna be based on his mobility and they have just crashed to that spot.

    Even though Gus still has the arm to go deep, we are almost back to the point we were with BJ.
    Teams just need to load it up, and come after him and play the short passes because they know were to get after him at.

    (not sure if that makes sense after I typed it but don't know how to say it better).
    :'(
    yup yup, and its probably why a couple of his short passes ended up going for big gains earlier on cuz they were coming.
    but they were doing that from the beginning.
    only difference now is hes not getting the balls there, or not even throwing them and taking sacks.
    i dont think they had to watch a whole lot of film, plus i dont really feel like hes been under tremendous pressure.
    i think our line has done a good job of giving him time, he just has held the ball to long on alot of the shots hes taken.


    i get the feeling that childress gave the old we are better off punting then turning the ball over speech, and now dumping 2 yard passes on 3rd and ten is our offensive game plan.
    doenst sound like a bad idea, but most teams need to score points offensively if they are gonna win so it will probably catch up to us much like it did at the end of last year, and beginning of this year.
    Here's one of those topics that ragz and I agree on.

    I think its a three headed monster.

    1:
    Childress blows goats and his KAO is actually a SAO....this is nothing we didn't already know.

    2:
    Gus has been less accurate each week, missing guys by a lOT.


    3:
    The receivers aren't seperating.
    We've had this problem for years - ever since Moss was traded.
    Our receivers have a tough time seperating from the coverage.
    While other teams players can seem to find holes in the opposing zones, our guys can't.
    And while other teams receivers can run routes that break defenders off of coverage, ours never do.
    One of the sacks versus Jacksonville, the announcers called it a coverage sack (The picture never showed the receivers, just Gus going down)...but based on who was announcing, I'm taking his word for it.

    And when is the last time anyone saw one of our receivers go in motion to avoid being bumped at the line?

    Bottom line, our receivers don't get open.
    When they do, Gus can't hit them like he did earlier.
    And Childress is a flooptard.

    That's three tough obstacles to overcome.

    Caine
    The problem is and always has been the wrong personnel for his offense since he took over and that is still killing the team.
    I can only agree with the QB portion of this.
    Everyone else at the skilled positions seem to work very well in the WCO.
    Hence they are getting YAC.
    I haven't seen one long TD to where it was a flat out bomb.
    Everyone of them were because of YAC.
    That is what the WCO is all about.

    As far as blaming Childress and the rest of the FO, I will revert back to the QB sistuation.
    That and the fact that Caine is correct in we don't see allot of motion is part of the problem.
    You cannot blame the lack of offense for Chilly being a flooptard or anything else you want to call him.
    His offense was working very well for several weeks.
    Marrdro made a good point in that teams studied films to see Gus' stregnths and now they are taking that away.
    The fact that Gus started rolling out a little tells me they did try to adjust.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be one of Gus' strong points.

    As many of you know I have been backing Childress up.
    Not because I like the guy or think he is a great HC but mainly because of the fact I do not know (nor does anyone on this site) allot of material behind the scenes.
    I will say this.
    The game against the Bears this week should give me a good indication in my feelings and thoughts towards Childress.
    I say that because it is the most important game since he has been here and I want to see how he and the team responds to the challenge.
    I may be singing a whole different tune next week but for now I stand with my thoughts.
    How about Peterson? The WCO relies on the back catching passes out of the backfield and also to be an effective pass blocker. Does he fit that role very well?

    Also, how about the wr's. They need to get off the ball fast and run precise routes and to develop timing with the QB in order to develop a rhythm in the passing game. Overall I don't see enough of this to be an effective unit.
    [/quote]

    Good point on Peterson but even still he is effective.
    I wouldn't want to lose him because of it.
    The WRs they have actually have the capabilities needed.
    I think part of the problem is what someone (I think Caine) stated earlier in that they rarely go in motion which make it difficult to gain separation.
    Even still with out QB situation I think the the yards Berrian has will show he fits the system.
    Rice has been injured all year but we saw what he could do last year.
    Wade seems to get open he just needs to be more consistent catching the ball.
    The TE has made great strides.

    We have see they can be effective.
    I think the main issue is the QB right now.
    [/quote]

    But is he an effective RB in THIS system? Is he able to do the things a player at his position has to do for the scheme to be complete?

    I have been saying since we named Jackson the starter and drafted Peterson that we are more suited to the coryell offense than this walsh derivative that we are running. Interestingly the 2 TE, single back formations we run are actually taken from that offense and have been our most successful. I also believe that somebody did some research and that AD's biggest runs came out of a single back set.

    I guess basically what I am saying is that when you look at it, we have big armed QB's who can put the ball down the field, we have an all-world back who runs better out of a single back set, we have WR's who have the speed to stretch the field and who could benefit from multiple formations and motion, and neither of the QB's are any good at the quick hitting dive routes or hitting the slants and the WR's are not that great at running those routes or catching those passes.

    That is why I would really love to see us change what we are doing and go back to straight up man blocking, let the QB(Gus or TJ) take the 5-7 step drop and change the progression of the reads from short to deep and instead go from deep to short. Keep 1 back in the backfield and quit relying on hitting passes in the zones, which isn't working, and start to use motion to create mismatches in the passing game. That fits our talent and gives us the best chance for success.

  8. #18
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,564

    Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

    "ragz" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Can't get it to open either but I don't really need to........

    As teams have watched tape they have figured out where ole Gussy boy is gonna be based on his mobility and they have just crashed to that spot.

    Even though Gus still has the arm to go deep, we are almost back to the point we were with BJ.
    Teams just need to load it up, and come after him and play the short passes because they know were to get after him at.

    (not sure if that makes sense after I typed it but don't know how to say it better).

    :'(
    yup yup, and its probably why a couple of his short passes ended up going for big gains earlier on cuz they were coming.
    but they were doing that from the beginning.
    only difference now is hes not getting the balls there, or not even throwing them and taking sacks.
    i dont think they had to watch a whole lot of film, plus i dont really feel like hes been under tremendous pressure.
    i think our line has done a good job of giving him time, he just has held the ball to long on alot of the shots hes taken.


    i get the feeling that childress gave the old we are better off punting then turning the ball over speech, and now dumping 2 yard passes on 3rd and ten is our offensive game plan.
    doenst sound like a bad idea, but most teams need to score points offensively if they are gonna win so it will probably catch up to us much like it did at the end of last year, and beginning of this year.

    Here's one of those topics that ragz and I agree on.

    I think its a three headed monster.

    1:
    Childress blows goats and his KAO is actually a SAO....this is nothing we didn't already know.

    2:
    Gus has been less accurate each week, missing guys by a lOT.


    3:
    The receivers aren't seperating.
    We've had this problem for years - ever since Moss was traded.
    Our receivers have a tough time seperating from the coverage.
    While other teams players can seem to find holes in the opposing zones, our guys can't.
    And while other teams receivers can run routes that break defenders off of coverage, ours never do.
    One of the sacks versus Jacksonville, the announcers called it a coverage sack (The picture never showed the receivers, just Gus going down)...but based on who was announcing, I'm taking his word for it.

    And when is the last time anyone saw one of our receivers go in motion to avoid being bumped at the line?

    Bottom line, our receivers don't get open.
    When they do, Gus can't hit them like he did earlier.
    And Childress is a flooptard.

    That's three tough obstacles to overcome.

    Caine
    all true, except i dont know if id blame wrs for too much.
    i mean i could see if balls were getting thrown to them and they weren't open, but our number one(berrian) over the last 3 weeks we aren't even attempting to throw at.
    and is it me or does wade really not bring anything to the table.
    i mean hes supposed to be this slot guy whose got some juke, meanwhile he drops at least a 3rd of the balls thrown his way, and how much yac does he ever get, and then factor in that you never see him with a whole lot of separation and i dont get it.

    to me the vikes are better off giving allison and rice more looks.
    but to be honest i dont know how much it would matter with childress running things, and ferrotte throwing.
    it should be interesting this week though since we threw so effectively, minus 4 picks, the first time around.
    you gotta figure if we struggle again, we are in freefall passing wise.

    and ej, i dont think you have to know a whole lot about what goes on behind the scenes to know that our qbs have consistently performed statistically the same way.
    i could see if it was one qb over the course of a season, but 5 qbs over the course of 3 seasons, all struggling to have even mediocre games.
    i mean how many times do you have to see 20 attempt games with 130 yds and no tds before you start to think that maybe the system isn't that effective.
    qb is of course important, but you shouldn't need peyton manning to be able to put together any semblance of a passing game.
    especially when you've probably been facing 8 man fronts for all 3 years.
    I dont get it?

    Wade has been our most consistant reciever for the last two years.

    You dont need Peyton Manning to run this offense.
    You need a quarterback that is as smart as Gus but yet mobile like Jackson.
    Which isnt really saying much at all.

    The problem is our quarterback, and there is no if, ands or buts about it.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

    "PackSux!" wrote:
    I dont get it?

    Wade has been our most consistant reciever for the last two years.

    You dont need Peyton Manning to run this offense.
    You need a quarterback that is as smart as Gus but yet mobile like Jackson.
    Which isnt really saying much at all.

    The problem is our quarterback, and there is no if, ands or buts about it.
    I agree 100%.
    Ole Gussy Boys lack of mobility is the biggest issue here.

    Watch this weekend, you will see the Bores do exactly what the other teams are doing, keying on one area of the pocket and rushing to it.

    So far, the biggest success has been a delayed blitz by at least one, but mostly 2 LB'rs up the middle.
    Our C/QB don't see it and then can't react to it in time to get even the shortest of passes off cleanly.

    That in turn impacts what our WR's can do when they start thier route.
    If a blitz isn't seen/called and adjusted for they will run thier normal routes.


    First time I really saw that clearly by the way was on the INT Gus threw when AA did the double move and was wide open deep.
    Gus threw to the first move, result, INT.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Vikings' passing numbers keep dropping

    Yup lack of mobility is the problem. This s what TJ was to suppose to prevent.

    Now we need T.J. as start running the wild cat
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Some Vikings passing on pads
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 03:04 PM
  2. Passing fancy: Vikings spread it around
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 03:57 AM
  3. The 10 Worst Kicks in NFL History: Numbers 10-6 & Numbers 5-1
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 11:30 PM
  4. Who Will Emerge In Vikings Passing Game
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 06:58 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •