Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    I agree with Caine... Our only weapons are Peterson, Harvin, and Rudolph... Two out of three are left. The receiving corpse is a joke...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    We should quit pretending, line up 10 Offensive Linemen, and direct snap to Peterson every down. After all, everyone knows we're not really going to throw...not very often anyway...and certainly not very deep.

Feed the Beast.

Caine
    I like it, except there's only 1 problem with that plan, we can't even find 5 guys to block on a consistent basis so where are we going to get 10?

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Hopefully Spielman doesn't have 100% confidence in Simpson & still believes in him like he does in Ponder & Carlson.

Jerome Simpson, 5 years, 25 starts, 86 Rec, 1,180 Yds, 13.7 Avg, 7 TD, 1 Somersault
    Troy Williamson, 5 years, 24 starts, 87 Rec, 1,131 Yds, 13.0 Avg, 4 TD, 0 Somersaults

Coincidence?
    Yikes! Scary stuff. I bet the drops are similar too, so I guess it all comes down to somersaults, and Simpson is clearly better. Don't forget he has pretty good hurdling abilities too.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PacNWVike View Post
    I agree with Caine... Our only weapons are Peterson, Harvin, and Rudolph... Two out of three are left. The receiving corpse is a joke...
    so is the QB

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    The biggest problem we have with the WR's is the fact that we dont have #1 receiver. Simpson and Harvin are both # 2's. Wright and Childs, #2's. Aromas and Jenks are #3's. Tough duty, huh? Vikes need a top flight #1 WR.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    The biggest problem we have with the WR's is the fact that we dont have #1 receiver. Simpson and Harvin are both # 2's. Wright and Childs, #2's. Aromas and Jenks are #3's. Tough duty, huh? Vikes need a top flight #1 WR.
    Tell the cardinals how good that works?

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Tell the cardinals how good that works?
    Dammit Beavis. I didnt say that was the only thing we needed. I thought this was about WR's? Was my statement true or untrue? Was that the only piece of the puzzle that the Cards needed when they drafted Fitz? I assume that is who you talking about. We also could upgrade at other positions. Offense and defense.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Dammit Beavis.
    I just had to LOL ... that is all.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    If Ponder is throwing short of #2 & #3 receivers down field, what leads you to believe he won't throw short of a #1?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If Ponder is throwing short of #2 & #3 receivers down field, what leads you to believe he won't throw short of a #1?
    not to mention wide open RBs who beat the defender down the left sideline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12