Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

The Zone Press has been there when it comes to Griff and Cook, but we sure seem to be relying on LB and as we saw last week, S help to pressure the QB.
    I agree... We are selling out with our LB and this opens up the middle of the field. Dinks/Dunks, slants and Ins from the TE are eating us up. Maybe with Williams coming back we can increase pressure with out Front Four.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Whinny's, Hussains INT's and the one dropped by Sanford, all came from the DL forcing the QB into a bad decision.
    It was Tyrell Johnson that dropped what would have been an INT & a been a potential game winner, not Sanford.

Sanford > Johnson

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I don't mind the cover 2 D but I would prefer man coverage. Problem with that is you need at least one elite safety and one elite corner. One or the other don't get it done. It's hard to find and pay for that kind of talent in this league.

On the other hand, tampa 2 and no pass rush equals doom.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    I'm fairly certain that our secondary mostly sucked even before Sharper left. Essentially, nothing has changed in 5 years there. With or without Sharper.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    I like how the author "Fox Sports" the dates. Anyone who knows anything knows that Sharp didn't really do anything once we went to a Cover 2 scheme. Truth is, he had 9 INT's the year before the scheme change, 9 total in the 3 years he played in the scheme and then a year with 9 when he wasn't in the scheme.

Silly sports hack. He should know that S's that play in our scheme aren't gonna get numbers that he speaks of.
    Agreed.

Now lets take a look at someone who did excel in the cover 2.

It's not like it's a scheme where safeties can't step up. We just need to fly to the ball. If we had 2 safeties that were half as good as John Lynch.... Shit.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by jessejames09 View Post
    Agreed.

Now lets take a look at someone who did excel in the cover 2.

It's not like it's a scheme where safeties can't step up. We just need to fly to the ball. If we had 2 safeties that were half as good as John Lynch.... Shit.
    So doesn't that tell you that if you don't have the personnel to run the Cover 2, you probably shouldn't be running it?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, but the Vikings still try to take players & make them something they're not.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12