Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings partners to view minicamp

Posted on Tue, May. 09, 2006

[size=18px]Vikings partners to view minicamp[/size]

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

The Vikings ownership partners are scheduled to meet this weekend but aren't planning to discuss the player personnel executive position, a team official said Monday.

"They're expected to be here for internal meetings" and to watch the team's minicamp this weekend, said Lester Bagley, Vikings vice president of public affairs and stadium development. "It has nothing to do with the player personnel situation."

Last Wednesday, the Vikings fired Fran Foley, the vice president of player personnel for less than three months.

Potential candidates to replace Foley include Jacksonville pro personnel director Charlie Bailey; Ron Hill, the former vice president of player personnel for the Atlanta Falcons; Bill Kuharich, the Kansas City Chiefs' vice president of player personnel; and former Miami Dolphins general manager Rick Spielman.

Meanwhile, the team's scouts have contracts that expire at the end of the month.

The ownership meeting, Bagley said, is tentative as Zygi Wilf continues to pursue a new stadium deal.

Smith update: Former Vikings running back Onterrio Smith is expected to sign a contract with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers this week. The Blue Bombers hold Smith's Canadian Football League rights. The league's season begins June 2.

Smith has been informed by the NFL that he will not be reinstated next month when his one-year suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy ends. But his agent Doug Hendrickson said last week that Smith could be NFL-eligible in October. That is when the CFL regular season ends.

Blue Bombers general manager Brendan Taman said Monday he spoke to Hendrickson and Smith.

"(It's) looking positive he could sign by the end of the week," Taman said of Smith.

Briefly: The Vikings' rookie salary pool has been set at $3.7 million, the 21st largest in the league.

Sean Jensen can be reached at sj[email protected]

Vikings partners to view minicamp

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

Re: Vikings partners to view minicamp

KFFL
    Vikings | Partners to watch minicamp; not discuss personnel executive opening
    Tue, 9 May 2006 06:28:55 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings ownership partners are scheduled to meet this weekend, but they won't be discussing the position vacated with the termination of Fran Foley. "They're expected to be here for internal meetings" and to watch the team's minicamp this weekend, said Lester Bagley, Vikings vice president of public affairs and stadium development. "It has nothing to do with the player personnel situation." Potential candidates to replace Foley include Jacksonville Jaguars pro personnel director Charlie Bailey; Ron Hill, the former vice president of player personnel for the Atlanta Falcons; Bill Kuharich, the Kansas City Chiefs' vice president of player personnel; and former Miami Dolphins general manager Rick Spielman.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I say Scott Studwell, or Rick Spielman gets the job.. I hope Studwell gets it, but Spielman would be a good choice as well..

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Studs is the ONLY choice IMHO!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I will say this again, the last I heard reported, was that Studwell didn't want the job. He likes the scouting!

This might be propaganda bs????

They might just be adding his name to the mix. I would like to hear what Studwell has to say about this.

Singersp, any articles with Studwell's comments in it???? Anywhere??

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I will say this again, the last I heard reported, was that Studwell didn't want the job. He likes the scouting!

They might just be adding his name to the mix. I would like to hear what Studwell has to say about this.

I'll have to do a search, but you are correct, I don't think he wants the job because it will take him away from scouting.

And I concur. Like I've said before, "Let Scott do what Scott does best."

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

studs all the waysssss

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"snowinapril" wrote:

Here's what I found in our threads;

Studwell and Jeff Robinson, the coordinator of pro personnel, are the in-house candidates to replace Foley, but Studwell is believed to be satisfied in his current job and wants to continue to travel and scout players.
    Vikings ready to dismiss Foley

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Studwell and Jeff Robinson, the coordinator of pro personnel, are the in-house candidates to replace Foley, but Studwell is believed to be satisfied in his current job and wants to continue to travel and scout players.

Thanks, that is what I read. I knew I saw it somewhere.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Thanks, that is what I read. I knew I saw it somewhere.
    That's the same one I remember reading as well. I highlighted it bold in the article, when I posted it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast